Welcome to Gaia! ::

I love old games. And I hate that they are so hard to find now. I use Roms to play all the old classic game from when i was short. However some people. Namely the game producers that are petitioning to make roms 100% illegal. I believe that Roms are good to play the classic games that no one can find anymore. Whats your opinion?
Yeah. Its not exacly they make money anymore. They dont even produce the games anymore so they still make no profit. Its more or less second hand now a days.
Well with the Revolution if that has a pay service, then yes that'd make owning Nintendo game roms stealing so to speak

Prodigal Demigod

However, many game companies are making their games available for download. It's been known for a while that the Revolution has this feature planned, and I heard a while ago that the PS3 does as well. So in a sense ROM downloading will become legal from a certain source, but you'll have to pay for it.
Though this doesn't help with games that were never translated to english, but which have fan-made translations.
Father Knows Best
Well with the Revolution if that has a pay service, then yes that'd make owning Nintendo game roms stealing so to speak

See, I think that's too much of a gimmick to ethically embargo using ROMs for me.
Roms are legal if you did own the game at one point. There will always be rom sites even when the Revolution comes out. Its just like how Napster went down and everyone was complaining how they were going to get their music but other programs just seem to appear.
ROMs of commercial games are 100% illegal. Always have been, and always will be. Stop kidding yourself and just accept it. You don't necessarily have to stop playing them because they're illegal any more than you should stop jaywalking. Both are illegal, and neither are well enforced. But for the love of God, people, ADMIT that they're illegal.
Aeris Esper
ROMs of commercial games are 100% illegal. Always have been, and always will be. Stop kidding yourself and just accept it. You don't necessarily have to stop playing them because they're illegal any more than you should stop jaywalking. Both are illegal, and neither are well enforced. But for the love of God, people, ADMIT that they're illegal.

[/thread]
i love roms heart
Dont think I'll be giving them up anytime soon.

Only way' I'd stop is if EVERY rom site was taken down....
*Gasp!!!* I'm a bad person
It's pretty much impossible to use the words 'roms' & 'ethics' in the same sentence.

Even if that sentence would make sense.
chibminshiy
i love roms heart
Dont think I'll be giving them up anytime soon.

Only way' I'd stop is if EVERY rom site was taken down....
*Gasp!!!* I'm a bad person

im with him but i go beyond roms and download new games too
I think ROMS are okay, when you can't find the game or you used to have it...but i'm against the people that download games and burn them for free..i do have some morals razz
yeah i dont burn copies and ditribute it or anything. screw other people MY GAME MINE!
Aeris Esper

heh, the funny thing is that in my town they passed a bylaw making jaywalking legal. how weird.
W.I.T.
Aeris Esper

heh, the funny thing is that in my town they passed a bylaw making jaywalking legal. how weird.
So if I hit a person that was jaywalking in your town I'd be even more screwed over? That sucks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff