Welcome to Gaia! ::

+1 1 100.0% [ 55 ]
Total Votes:[ 55 ]

Newbie Noob

I also had a protoss player today get rather angry at my initial harass.

It's not like I 6 pooled or anything. A 10 pool, into speedlings following an attack around the 9-8 minute mark should be expected. It's not my fault they waited to build their gateway and opted to get a forge first. Hell I even had my first natural by the time my zerglings arrived at their base.

It's their own fault they lost.
kenjiro yume
Auroral Lilith
kenjiro yume
Who knows. xD
I thought someone was going to get ahold of her.

I should probably practice vs Zerg and Terran... I played a whole lot of ZvP today.

haha, did you contact her?

I thought I sent a PM a while ago. Maybe last night for me. Hmm. Has she even been online since then?

Ah, sorry about that. xd My friend just suddenly decided to have a party at the last moment.
Pouncey
Auroral Lilith
kenjiro yume
Well, it looks like I'm gonna have to move my computer over to my new, bare-bones room.
Not sure if I'll have Internet by tomorrow or even the next day, but I will try my best to light a fire under the ISP's a** to get me my interwebs.

I actually told them I have important banking that can only be done online, so hopefully that works and they'll do it Monday morning. Hope to see you all in a couple days, sorry for holding up the games. Do what you can without me, and if you have to drop me, I'll be in the tournament for sure.

Don't worry about it, just get enough sleep Kenjiro.

haha, important banking. lolol

I don't want to drop you... and don't be sorry, it's not your fault at all.
I hope Eva gets on really soon today..

NOMMY TOY!!!!

:: tackles and noms your arm ::

aww! *hugs you even tho my arm hurts*
C4D
Some of these Terran players are really starting to piss me off. Why do they feel the need to drag on a game well beyond what it needs to?

Accept defeat graciously and just call the GG, why do they need to keep tip toeing around my units the whole time, barely struggling to stay alive with their bunkers, and turrets and tanks and planetary fortresses, when they have already lost?

My lead on them is astronomical, yet they continue to rebuild and redefend, just dragging on the inevitable, like they think they're going to make some sort of come back on a one base build and complete isolation.

Could be argued that it's my job, as the aggressor to not let his units slip out and keep rebuilding, but I usually going in with the assumption that a player knows when they have been defeated and will step down in a somewhat timely fashion.

Dang. If I play against these players, I'll be pissed too.
Sorry you had to play with these moronic players.
C4D

It's not like I 6 pooled or anything. A 10 pool, into speedlings following an attack around the 9-8 minute mark should be expected. It's not my fault they waited to build their gateway and opted to get a forge first. Hell I even had my first natural by the time my zerglings arrived at their base.

3nodding
Evataph
kenjiro yume
Auroral Lilith
kenjiro yume
Who knows. xD

I should probably practice vs Zerg and Terran... I played a whole lot of ZvP today.

I thought I sent a PM a while ago. Maybe last night for me. Hmm. Has she even been online since then?

Ah, sorry about that. xd My friend just suddenly decided to have a party at the last moment.

Haha! It's okay, I was wondering why you disappeared since you usually get on a lot. x3

Did you have fun at the party?

2,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Auroral Lilith
C4D

3nodding

Haha, if I anticipated you were going 10 pool, I would of narrowed my Ramp, and go for a 2 Gate Zealot Push, then transition into a 4 Gate Zealot/Stalker Push.
Auroral Lilith
Evataph
kenjiro yume
Auroral Lilith
kenjiro yume
Who knows. xD

Haha! It's okay, I was wondering why you disappeared since you usually get on a lot. x3

Did you have fun at the party?

Oh yes. >:3 We played Rock Band, Dead Space Extraction, Ping Pong, Foosball...and her mom has this really nice theater room with a ******** of movies to watch.

Newbie Noob

Drag0n Claw
Auroral Lilith
C4D

3nodding

Haha, if I anticipated you were going 10 pool, I would of narrowed my Ramp, and go for a 2 Gate Zealot Push, then transition into a 4 Gate Zealot/Stalker Push.

They didn't choke off their ramp even a little bit, and their gateway was not yet complete by the time I had my zerglings inside their base. They were trying to get cannons instead (I assume) and ended up just getting cleaned out by my zerglings.

On a side note, I really hate Terran.

A strong defended Terran can survive for WAY too long, the fact that it literally takes tier 4 zerg units to break through a Terran defence is evidence for some necessary balancing.

How do you kill a planetary fortress surrounded by missile turrets without tier 4 units?

The fact that Terran can just sit in their base and turtle up a massive force makes them nearly impossible to deal with.
C4D

A strong defended Terran can survive for WAY too long, the fact that it literally takes tier 4 zerg units to break through a Terran defence is evidence for some necessary balancing.

How do you kill a planetary fortress surrounded by missile turrets without tier 4 units?

The fact that Terran can just sit in their base and turtle up a massive force makes them nearly impossible to deal with.
Dawww sounds like your just having a hard time harassing them.

Newbie Noob

Munch1es
C4D

Precisely the problem.

As a Terran player yourself, you should be more aware of your own weaknesses, how would a zerg player counter a turtling Terran player?

How do you break through bunkers, walls, tanks, turrets and fortresses?
C4D
Munch1es
C4D

Precisely the problem.

As a Terran player yourself, you should be more aware of your own weaknesses, how would a zerg player counter a turtling Terran player?

ummmm nydus networks? or hit where the turtle isn't terran's not very moble. That is without last tier units of course. You could break a terran with broodlords pretty easily. Early baneling bust haha? As for the fortresses thing, unless its on there gold or like 4th expo I doubt you'll see one haha. That's all i can come up with at the moment xD

Newbie Noob

Munch1es
C4D
Munch1es
C4D

Precisely the problem.

ummmm nydus networks? or hit where the turtle isn't terran's not very moble. That is without last tier units of course. You could break a terran with broodlords pretty easily. Early baneling bust haha? As for the fortresses thing, unless its on there gold or like 4th expo I doubt you'll see one haha. That's all i can come up with at the moment xD

In order to drop a Nydus Network you need sight, which you obtain by sneaking an overlord into their rear, but the turrets with increased range will deter that, also it's important to drop that Nydus as a sneak attack, if spotted it's useless. The sensor tower thus nullifies any attempt at a sneak using their orbital command to scan what you may be up to and move in to stop your attempts.

The planetary fortress is the mark of a desperate Terran, who lacks the ability to be offensive without massing up a huge army, so they drop it down in an attempt to take and hold any expansion they can get, especially against a zerg with Map control.

Once that planetary fortress is up, zerglings are completely useless, the singe shot from the cannon instantly kills the zerglings, combined with splash damage, there is no way to get your zergling close enough to do damage.

The correct counter would be burrowed roaches or muta, which is promptly counter by throwing down 3-4 turrets. One Planetary fortress and 4 turrets essentially defends your whole expnasion from nearly any zerg counter aside from their tier 4 units The Ultra and Boordlord.

Only two units can break a Terran defence mid game. The baneling bust will sometimes work early game, but is also easily countered simply by throwing a bunker behind the supply depot on your wall.

Thus making Terran's defensives power in the mid game almost impossible to break through.

The fact that Zerg NEEDS to get those tier 4 units out to break through Terran defences is a bit of a joke.
Quote:

In order to drop a Nydus Network you need sight, which you obtain by sneaking an overlord into their rear, but the turrets with increased range will deter that, also it's important to drop that Nydus as a sneak attack, if spotted it's useless. The sensor tower thus nullifies any attempt at a sneak using their orbital command to scan what you may be up to and move in to stop your attempts.

The planetary fortress is the mark of a desperate Terran, who lacks the ability to be offensive without massing up a huge army, so they drop it down in an attempt to take and hold any expansion they can get, especially against a zerg with Map control.

Once that planetary fortress is up, zerglings are completely useless, the singe shot from the cannon instantly kills the zerglings, combined with splash damage, there is no way to get your zergling close enough to do damage.

The correct counter would be burrowed roaches or muta, which is promptly counter by throwing down 3-4 turrets. One Planetary fortress and 4 turrets essentially defends your whole expnasion from nearly any zerg counter aside from their tier 4 units The Ultra and Boordlord.

Only two units can break a Terran defence mid game. The baneling bust will sometimes work early game, but is also easily countered simply by throwing a bunker behind the supply depot on your wall.

Thus making Terran's defensives power in the mid game almost impossible to break through.

The fact that Zerg NEEDS to get those tier 4 units out to break through Terran defences is a bit of a joke.
Letting zerg have the map = you lost anyway haha. Zerg doesn't need tier 4 they just need micro which a lot of players lack and i can than understand why people get mad and frustrated, but that's just how i see it anyway.

Newbie Noob

Munch1es
Letting zerg have the map = you lost anyway haha. Zerg doesn't need tier 4 they just need micro which a lot of players lack and i can than understand why people get mad and frustrated, but that's just how i see it anyway.

Granted some of the problem may have rested on my micro (though not nearly as much in a silver league match) I had map control as Zerg, and a formidable ground army. All it took was the Terran player to sit in his base, turret, tank and bunker up and just build vikings. Wipe out a couple of my eyes (overlords) and then drop down a planetary fortress once he's running out of resources in his main.

My point is, I'm winning the match and I still can't finish off my opponent, because Terran defends TOO well. The Terran player needs next to no micro to sit inside their base and let me throw units at them. Granted it's also my own fault for not teching up to tier 4 units.

But also, Terran Tier 4 > Zerg Tier 4.

While I may have a dominating lead, with a large numbers, and map control, the Terran player can hold up inside of their impenetrable base, build battle cruisers, come out and clean up everything. Neither Broodlords nor Ultra are going to save you against a dozen Battlecruisers. The amount of resources a zerg player needs in order to win against these Terran defences in mid game is so painfully irritating.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff