911child
Allegro
911child
Allegro
The best game eve-? PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I jus- AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You reall- AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No. No. No. It's godawful.

like i told some one else i should have edited what i originally said, its the best game on ps2. But i think it can compete with now-a-days games if it got updated to todays games. Most of todays games are just shotty

It's probably one of the worst RPGs on the PS2.

and what would you claim to be the best for ps2.

Probably Person 4, although there are cases to be made for games like Disgaea.

The issue with SO3 is that (barring the absolutely series ruining twist towards the end), it's not intuitive at all. Invention is extremely dense, the camera is awful, there's no real indication what effect PAs have until later, and MP death was a needless addition.

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
Allegro
911child
Allegro
911child
Allegro

like i told some one else i should have edited what i originally said, its the best game on ps2. But i think it can compete with now-a-days games if it got updated to todays games. Most of todays games are just shotty

The issue with SO3 is that (barring the absolutely series ruining twist towards the end), it's not intuitive at all. Invention is extremely dense, the camera is awful, there's no real indication what effect PAs have until later, and MP death was a needless addition.

Well this is a personal opinion. Ive never played Person 4 so i cant debate that game, nor have any interest in playing it.

Versatile Lunatic

911child
Captain Smee
911child
Captain Smee
911child
Captain Smee

yeah that would be nice, Star Ocean: The last hope wasn't a bad one though

No no it wast i found it to be pretty interesting how it ended and who the final boss was

Yeah slightly wasn't expecting it. I have tried facing Gabriel Celestie (or how ever you spell it)....yeah didn't get really far in that fight at all

^_^ it is Gabriel Celeste. I havent tried yet, I can get to the optional area but i die, alot. I also liked how they allowed us to go to Alternate Earth.

oh trust me he is a handful and my guys are i think in the 120-130 levels.....then after that there is another optional boss thats even harder
There is a boss after Celeste?

Yup once you be Gabriel another dungeon opens up somewhere i think and at the end there is a boss called the Ethereal Queen and she harder to fight then Gabriel

Golden Sophomore

Never played it, but I am going to try Star Ocean: The Last Hope.
911child
Allegro
911child
Allegro
911child
Allegro

Well this is a personal opinion. Ive never played Person 4 so i cant debate that game, nor have any interest in playing it.

It is a personal opinion, as is your OP. What ISN'T a personal opinion, one WIDELY held, is that the twist with Luther was incredibly stupid. What it does is cheapen not only THAT struggle, but the struggle of everyone in the series.

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
Allegro
911child
Allegro
911child
Allegro

It is a personal opinion, as is your OP. What ISN'T a personal opinion, one WIDELY held, is that the twist with Luther was incredibly stupid. What it does is cheapen not only THAT struggle, but the struggle of everyone in the series.

Again, Personal Opinion. I think they did a great job with the tech they were given during the ps2 Era.
Bad story and design approach are not the fault of tech.

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
Captain Smee
911child
Captain Smee
911child
Captain Smee

Yeah slightly wasn't expecting it. I have tried facing Gabriel Celestie (or how ever you spell it)....yeah didn't get really far in that fight at all

^_^ it is Gabriel Celeste. I havent tried yet, I can get to the optional area but i die, alot. I also liked how they allowed us to go to Alternate Earth.

oh trust me he is a handful and my guys are i think in the 120-130 levels.....then after that there is another optional boss thats even harder
There is a boss after Celeste?

Yup once you be Gabriel another dungeon opens up somewhere i think and at the end there is a boss called the Ethereal Queen and she harder to fight then Gabriel

Oh yes, i have heard of her. I dont know where she is from though.
Allegro
911child
Allegro
911child
Allegro

To be fair, it is nice that they took a risk rather than played it safe.

To say its one of the worst RPGs is quite a claim. Considering the s**t that you can find on PS2... It holds it's Entertainment for me. I thought the characters were unbalanced... too many useless characters and they were too easy to get whereas SO1 and 2 had much bigger branching paths for characters....

Knowing that the universe of SO was just a game didnt really do much anyways as it had no affect in SO4. Hell, I forgot all about it playing that.

Distinct Dabbler

911child
29ghtian6iapl1-5g9s71jgbs
I don't like the ending that I got for Star Ocean 3 because it made me feel I went all that way for nothing. But I like the battle system.
What ending did you get? And I was amazed with the story. but i should edit, one of the best games on ps2. I want to see it remade for Xbox 360

I can't recall but I didn't get Abel on my team which I wanted. The twist was pretty awful.

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
911child
I don't like the ending that I got for Star Ocean 3 because it made me feel I went all that way for nothing. But I like the battle system.
What ending did you get? And I was amazed with the story. but i should edit, one of the best games on ps2. I want to see it remade for Xbox 360

I can't recall but I didn't get Abel on my team which I wanted. The twist was pretty awful.

Heh I got didnt get Abel, though i did get Roger. But i mainly like Nel and Fayt. Maria is not one of my favorites.
i always got Albel first chance every playthrough.

Learned Protagonist

29,475 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
It's the third best game I've ever owned. It's just behind final fantasy 12 and dragon quest 8. Really great game. Stuck in the sealed chamber.
I hate roger! Maria is awesome! Haven't got albel yet

Blessed Lunatic

12,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
kefkadragon
It's the third best game I've ever owned. It's just behind final fantasy 12 and dragon quest 8. Really great game. Stuck in the sealed chamber.
I hate roger! Maria is awesome! Haven't got albel yet

Why do you hate Roger? Abel is ok, he is one of my favorites but not the top. I like Fayt, Nel and Sophia

Learned Protagonist

29,475 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
911child

roger is an annoying little pipsqueak who plays the self absorbed manly brat stereotype. i hate things with high voices! i hate ravitches because of the high voices (and freaking efreet) he has no personality, stupid friends, is stupid himself, is a furry, his parents are annoying, clumsy, badly handles his weapon, the list goes on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff