Welcome to Gaia! ::

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
First of all, I LOVED the game. I SOMEHOW managed to beat the game with Low Chaos (didn't get the undetected or Clean Hands achievements but I DID get one for using non-lethal methods to dispose of people).

Now, I want to know what you guys thought of the game. Which ending did you get? If you chose non-lethal methods to dispose of targets, which was your favorite? Do any of you have any fan theories (headcanons) regarding the game?

I personally liked taking the lady to her stalker lover. And as I was leaving the party, I signed the guest book.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
I enjoyed Dishonored immensely when I played. I got the high chaos ending and I should go back and play it again, if only to play all of the DLC. I wasn't the biggest fan when it came to all of the endings being static though and the likelihood of there being a sequel is very low with the same main character. Both this game and Bioshock 2 actually made me a fan of Arkane Studios after playing. I also really enjoyed flinging people.

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Reno Takamiya
I enjoyed Dishonored immensely when I played. I got the high chaos ending and I should go back and play it again, if only to play all of the DLC. I wasn't the biggest fan when it came to all of the endings being static though and the likelihood of there being a sequel is very low with the same main character. Both this game and Bioshock 2 actually made me a fan of Arkane Studios after playing.

What is different between high and low? I mean, ending wise.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Kitsune Muggy

From what I've read, it seems to be a difference in how people/enemies react to you, a difference in conversations with Havelock and instead of seeing Pendleton or Martin yelling & fighting with each other; they'll actually be conversing with Havelock in a celebratory manner. There's actually a more in-depth explanation in the wikia under the "The Final Confrontation" sub-category.

By the way, after talking about the game, I was just reminded that I actually killed The Overseer by flinging a canister of Whale Oil inside of the room instead of fighting him one on one. One of my sayings while playing, also happened to be, "Cannibalistic Rats, Let's go!" when my Brother was watching me play. So many Rats! emotion_donotwant

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Reno Takamiya
Kitsune Muggy

From what I've read, it seems to be a difference in how people/enemies react to you, a difference in conversations with Havelock and instead of seeing Pendleton or Martin yelling & fighting with each other; they'll actually be conversing with Havelock in a celebratory manner. There's actually a more in-depth explanation in the wikia under the "The Final Confrontation" sub-category.

By the way, after talking about the game, I was just reminded that I actually killed The Overseer by flinging a canister of Whale Oil inside of the room instead of fighting him one on one. One of my sayings while playing, also happened to be, "Cannibalistic Rats, Let's go!" when my Brother was watching me play. So many Rats! emotion_donotwant

I branded the Overseer's face. XD And doing that without getting into a fight was a pain.in the a**. It always included swear words and restarting from my last save and I DID save often.

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

I haven't finished the game. I know what happens though.

I've always hated stealth games because they tend to terrify me, lol. Metal Gear Solid 1 traumatised me as a kid because I didn't know what the hell I was doing when I played so the alert noise was the bane of my existence. "orz

I bought Dishonored on a whim during a Steam sale and initially was tentative about playing it because of its stealth elements. When I actually played it, I ******** liked it. A lot. I enjoyed the gameplay and the story. Challenging myself, I decided to try a no-kill, no-detection (low chaos) playthrough. To my surprise, I managed it and it was interesting to see how that had an effect on the plot and the later stages of the game.

Popular Phantom

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
gum disease
I haven't finished the game. I know what happens though.

I've always hated stealth games because they tend to terrify me, lol. Metal Gear Solid 1 traumatised me as a kid because I didn't know what the hell I was doing when I played so the alert noise was the bane of my existence. "orz

I bought Dishonored on a whim during a Steam sale and initially was tentative about playing it because of its stealth elements. When I actually played it, I ******** liked it. A lot. I enjoyed the gameplay and the story. Challenging myself, I decided to try a no-kill, no-detection (low chaos) playthrough. To my surprise, I managed it and it was interesting to see how that had an effect on the plot and the later stages of the game.

My brother got it free for the Gold game of the month on the Xbox.

I'll be quite honest: I would HAPPILY buy the game. It's well worth it.

Ruthless Phantom

13,175 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
Kitsune Muggy

Good Job. I completed the game for like 3-4 times myself. not sure. I just wanted to see all the endings and collect all the runes/bone charms.

Oh and Outsider seems to have a habit of overusing the word " Fascinating ..." Or Perhaps it's just me ..

ninja

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I loved it back when it first came out, but still have to finish the dlc stuff.

My first run, I acted as much like me as I could, sparing some targets while killing others. And I loved the confusion in the outsiders voice after I let the empress killer live. Its cool that his dialogue changes depending in if you talk to him before or after tyou take out your target.

My first run ended with low chaos, which was a little anti climactic for me in the end. Really wanted to kill that guy in the end.

Also, its a bad idea to attempt a Ghost/Clean hands run at the same time...sooo many restarts.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
gameplay is great.

story is very very half done. I say this as it starts off very well but the development is a joke(characters finding stuff out when they really cannot find out - like a detective realising who is the criminal without any prior investigation), ending choices were very contradictory without allowing the player the selectively choose (its literally A, B , C) which ends up destroying the character development.

as due to above, character development also gets destroyed.

Game can be finished in 4-5 hours. Thats natural play. Maybe 8 hours if you actively look at every single possible location at a completionist standard. That is very short.

Although the gameplay is great, the AI can be very dumb. Being unable to see you in direct light etc.
I wound up with Low Chaos, but I think that was because I invested early in the ability that turns assassinated bodies into dust. Wasn't entirely sure how the game measured Chaos.

I really enjoyed the game. I have a thing for stealth games that make me feel clever, and Dishonored did that pretty good for me.

Witty Flatterer

8,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I just picked up this game (and found this thread) - and am about halfway through it. I LIKE it. I thought I'd hate it just going off of what hearsay... but wow. This is what I wanted Assassin's Creed to be. But I find AC to get dull after a while. I never got bored playing this.

Here's hoping for a sequel of some sort. The graphics were intriguing too - kind of like a more subtle Borderlands style.

Liberal Vampire

7,700 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I honestly tried so hard to play the game and get low chaos but there was so many cool ways to kill people that I ended up giving up and I beat the game with high chaos lol.

I hope if they make a sequel that you get to go to some of the other kingdoms in their universe. Like Pandyssia (however it's spelled).

Gambino Businessman

12,450 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Purrinhime
I honestly tried so hard to play the game and get low chaos but there was so many cool ways to kill people that I ended up giving up and I beat the game with high chaos lol.

I hope if they make a sequel that you get to go to some of the other kingdoms in their universe. Like Pandyssia (however it's spelled).

They are making a sequel though that is all the info we were given.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff