Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arrow to the knee?

Yay! 0.62303664921466 62.3% [ 238 ]
Nay! 0.37696335078534 37.7% [ 144 ]
Total Votes:[ 382 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 162 163 164 > >> >>> »|

It's finally here!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

*Introduction*

Welcome to Skyrim: the Dragonborn Era! Bethesda is releasing its newest Elder Scrolls game this coming November that has thousands of gamers shaking with excitement. This thread is intended to be a haven for Elder Scrolls fans where they can discuss the newest innovation as well as older games like Oblivion and Morrowind. More importantly, this is meant to honor Bethesda and create an all-out celebration for what was named the Best Console Game and the Best RPG Game of 2011 by the Game Critics Awards: Best of E3. There will be various contests, discussion, and announcements about the game, so subscribe, subscribe, subscribe and join in the fun!

-Abide by Gaia's Terms of Service.
-Be respectful of others. No one likes when people are rude.
-NO advertisement of any kind.
-NO spamming/trolling.
-Do NOT quote the first page. If you wish, you can quote a sentence or two to reference something.
-Please do not come here to bash the game. This is meant to be a place for Elder Scroll fans to discuss and have fun.
-Make sure to follow all guidelines/rules set for the contests. If you do NOT follow the instructions, you are not eligible for prizes.

10.15.11 The thread opens! :)
10.15.11 Due to the time it took for the thread to be moved, the deadlines for the contests have been changed.
10.18.11 Only two days till the first tektek contest ends! Only Scorien has submitted an entry so far, so don't forget about the deadline! It's an easy way to win 25k.
10.25.11 Congratulations to skeleghost for winning the Mage's Guild tektek theme contest! :) Skeleghost will receive 25k for his work.
11.03.11 Congratulations to Scorien for winning the Shivering Isles tektek theme contest! :) Scorien will receive 25k.
11.03.11 I realize that the voting for contests has been somewhat inconsistent. This is because of my schedule and when I get to use the computer. Usually I am always on around 6pm, so for now on, I shall update polls at 6pm. This means contest deadlines will change to the time up until 6pm on the day voting starts.
11.06.11 Congratulations to Eludya for winning the Art Contest!
11.11.11 Skyrim is released! heart
11.23.11 Morose X Marionette won 25k in this week's tektek contest!
12.10.11 Skyrim won Spike's VGA Game of the Year and Best Role-Playing Game! :D

~*Screenshot*~

The Elder Scrolls are usually known for having strange quirks and glitches. Take a screenshot of your favorite glitch, character, or thing about Skyrim in general. You may add a caption for funzies if you so desire. :3

*If you play a console game, I will accept photos as well.
*Depending on the number and variety of entries, I may or may not create different categories depending on the screenshot. If so, the winner of each category will receive 35k.
*Entries will be accepted starting from December 1st up until 6:00pm (Central) December 15th.
*Voting will commence starting at 6:00pm on December 15th and will end depending on the number of categories.
*Post your entry in a reply to the thread.
*You are limited to one entry as to give everyone an equal chance of winning. If you would like to switch out your entry, just let me know!
Current entries:
User Image
By The Value of Pi

User Image
It's a trap!
By Seiryna

User Image
The Parting of the Red Sea by Scorien
*Discussion*

This thread would be nothing without the discussion!
How does the game compare to previous Elder Scrolls? Are you happy with it or disappointed?
What are you upset with in the game that Bethesda has done/announced they have removed?
Concerns? Worries?
Will Skyrim live up to the legacy of the other Elder Scrolls?
What new content do you love? or hate?
What's your favorite race?
Guilds/Factions?
Profession?
Constellation?
Thoughts about the dragons?

Note that this just doesn't have to be about Skyrim! This is open to any Elder Scrolls game. I'm simply giving possible topics to discuss. Feel free to bring up anything! Including whether or not you think I should lengthen the time for submissions.
*Notable Mentions*

I would like to thank all those that made this thread possible. My guild encouraged and sponsored this event. If you are interested in checking us out, the link is here.
User Image

Also, if anyone is interested in a Skyrim roleplay, I was contacted by sugarspaz about her guild Skyrim - Way of the Voice. It just opened up for characters wanting to RP in Rifton. The link is as follows:
User Image

Our regulars also make this thread possible by keeping the thread alive and active so that new people can find and participate in this Skyrim fest. This includes:
*Scorien
*kcbeach28
*Caerthakatha

Unfortunately, there are those that make the black list. Thankfully, there is no one currently on this!
*Past Winners*

User Image

Skeleghost won 25k in the Mage's Guild themed tektek contest with a dark Necromancer:

Scorien won 25k in the Shivering Isles themed tektek contest with his Golden Saint:

Eludya won 60k in the Art Contest with her Dragon Soul Absorption piece:
User Image

Morose X Marionette's won 25k in the Daedric Tektek Contest with the Spider Daedra and Dremora emerging from an Oblivion gate:

The Value of Pi won the screenshot contest with:
User Image

*Player Made Content*

I thought it'd be fun to have a mini gallery set up for any Skyrim artwork or mods anyone would like to share that they've made. If you have anything you're proud of or would like to show off, I'll be more than happy to put it here. :)

For starters, Scorien made a beautiful piece of pottery featuring an adorable Guar. :D
User Image

Original Dabbler

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Skyrim countdown
10~13~11

Original Dabbler

7,100 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Skyrim countdown
10~15~11
So close I can taste it!
kcbeach28
Skyrim countdown
10~15~11
So close I can taste it!

Yeah! :) I still haven't reserved. :'( I don't think I'll be getting my copy until Christmas time...
Cannot wait.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces