Welcome to Gaia! ::

Syreth Kintobe's Husband

The Lolwut Pear
Newish fan here, my friend is a huge fan of the series and a couple of months ago, we had a Silent Hill marathon and played the main series.

I liked 3 the most, although it had its fair share of annoying enemies and BS knock down attacks, I really liked Heather. I mean sure she was angsty and had a really, if not the MOST silliest back story, but in the long run, she's angst done RIGHT*, and ain't fraid' of no ghost! Not to mention being so far the only female protagonist who isn't some sort of unlockable side story. Granted I never played outside the main series, nor have I watched the teaser yet, so I might be wrong on that.
I also really liked the atmosphere of the game, although 2 takes the cake for having the creepiest atmosphere, 3 also offers a lot to it. While 2 gives creepy vibes and subsequent depressing yet beautiful ambient music to go along with it, 3 likewise gives the creepy sensation, although instead of relying on decaying buildings, they cover it all with blood and add some kicking music to it.

*as opposed to the annoying kind of bratty teen archetypes such as Kira Yamato (Gundam SEED).

My second favorite would probably be Homecoming, but torture and general suffering really isn't my thing, and Homecoming was king at that kind of stuff. And of course, who doesn't like 2?

Thanks so much for stopping buy and sharing your thoughts! smile
I'm glad you had a nice friend to introduce you to the games. ^__^
Yeah, Heather is one of the fandoms favorite lead characters because she is such a strong representation of an ordinary high-school girl with a convoluted and dark history. She is kind of angsty, and not just in a realistic way, but she pushes forward and she sticks to her guns. She still kicks butt and takes names and that's what is really important.

I also agree about the tones. There was just something REALLY creepy about second game that, even after playing it through 10+ times, I still can't really put my finger on. The music was always great in the games thanks to their primary composure. The original triad of games are all kind of creepy, but the second always takes the cake for me for just that little extra chilling feeling. The third one though definitely did a great job too though. I found myself jumping several times when I first played the game after it first came out and having a lot of interest in Heather herself. I wanted to get through the town, learn all of its secrets, and get revenge for Harry. It was really cool to feel so invested in a main character of a game.

I get not liking all the torture and gore of Homecoming. Now that I'm thinking about it, you are very right in that it had a LOT more of that than in the previous games. I think that is a good point as to why so many people were upset by the game. -and that is totally okay! smile Not everyone has to like the same things the same amount.

I'm just happy to know there are other fans out there enjoying the same franchise. ^^

So, have you played or seen the demo for Silent Hills? Any opinions yet?

Do you think that the franchise could benefit from another female lead?

Just some topics. smile

Syreth Kintobe's Husband

Senator Armstrong
Reed Pascole
Is there something in particular you don't like about Kojima?

Metal Gear.

Quote:
What do you like the most (or are hoping to see from) about Del Toro's work?

I really hope he brings his unique vision in terms of horror and atmosphere.

To be honest, I have never played Metal Gear. I think I tried once, when I was a kid, but I never got very far if I did.
My friend really likes Metal Gear though, so *shrug*.

Regardless, I hope the game can meet your expectations. smile Surpass them even!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff