Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Swapper

4,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I have quite a large video game collection, that I've built up over the years.
However, times have gotten tough and bills are starting to pile up. Just to give you guys an idea of some of the games I could sell for a decent price, but won't be able to replace until much later:
Chrono Trigger on SNES
Mega Man 1 - 6 on NES
Earthbound on SNES
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker on Gamecube.

Have any of you had to deal with this type of situation before?

Dangerous Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I wouldn't get rid of Wind Waker...
A few people I know find it difficult to find the original hard copy, so I suppose maybe it's rare?
I've sold games before and always regret it, so I don't anymore sweatdrop

Dapper Swapper

4,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Sapheal
A few people I know find it difficult to find the original hard copy, so I suppose maybe it's rare?

It's borderline rare, more or less it's highly sought after because...it's Wind Waker, haha.
I know what you mean, which is why i'm stuck between two evils.
1.) Keep my games and face the consequences of not paying bills.
2.) Sell my games for enough money to get by until next month and repeat the process, minus a big chunk from my game collection.

D'oh.

Dangerous Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Drakululul
Sapheal

It's borderline rare, more or less it's highly sought after because...it's Wind Waker, haha.
2.) Sell my games for enough money to get by until next month and repeat the process, minus a big chunk from my game collection.

D'oh.

Well if it's necessary, that's all you can do. I mean it's not like you're getting rid of them all yes? c:

Or maybe switch out WW for something else. xD

Dapper Swapper

4,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Sapheal
Drakululul
Sapheal

D'oh.

Well if it's necessary, that's all you can do. I mean it's not like you're getting rid of them all yes? c:

That's true. I guess i'm just reluctant to get rid of them, because I know what a pain it will be to get them back again.

Also,nice Hyperdimension Neptunia profile background.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Yes you should, because I don't honestly give a s**t about whether you'll feel bad about it afterwards or not and give even less shits (dropping into the negative here) if you honestly have to ask yourself: Which is more important, some video games that are available for cheaper than one would make by selling them even if it's not the original version, and paying debts?

I mean, you could always just go rent yourself out on the corner for the money that reality demands of you, but you'd probably make more by selling the games, so I'd go with that.

Dangerous Millionaire

5,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Drakululul
Sapheal
Drakululul
Sapheal

D'oh.

That's true. I guess i'm just reluctant to get rid of them, because I know what a pain it will be to get them back again.

Also,nice Hyperdimension Neptunia profile background.

Aw thanks! XD

Some games won't sell for a lot = w= unless you put 'em up on ebay or something. I find local games stores are rip offs :/ like I almost sold GTA V and they wanted to pay me 10 for it.

Distinct Gaian

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I would go on ebay, and check the value of the items. If my hotel wifi didn't suck so bad, I'd check for you

Timid Bookworm

10,500 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Up to you whether you think which is more important. If it was me i wouldn't sell them until i know i can get around it. It took me forever to learn how to sew, but now i can i can sell commissions and earn more money than selling i game or figure i could of sold but instead i tried to find something else to pay my bills.

You'll run out of games if you stay that way and you'll no longer have anything to sell to pay your bills... either that or you get a better job. Just saying ._____________.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.If you have no other choice, I'd sell the SNES games... Since you can easily play those on an emulator any time you like... So you'll still be able to play them... Other then that, I'd never get myself to sell my games... But since you have bills to be paid urgently I'd stick to sell whatever you can easily play for free on your pc... There's not much use of having games if you have no house and/or electricity to play... And try to spend your money a little wiser next time...
With a minimum income it should always be: bills->food->clothing/transportation->luxury stuff like video games, going out, and such... In that order...
So 1. pay your bills, 2. buy food and don't spend anything else through the month aside from necessary transportation (to work for example), 3. see how much money you have left and buy things you actually need like clothing, 4. whatever you have left now is what you can spend on fun things like games or going out in the weekend...
This way you really can't get into this kind of trouble again... No one said that living on your own would be easy... cat_wink

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Am I correct in assuming you're asking a bloody gaming forum for financial advice??

Divine Genius

I've literally lost every penny to my name earlier this year while suffering a layoff period, yet still have ALL of my games, although I have work now, but during that time I had to ask to hold off payments for a lot of bills, get unemployment which unfortunately was so low it couldn't even pay for gas, get insurance money for job termination I signed up for when I got the job that lead to me moving here, borrow from family and my bf, cut down on food by a drastic amount, etc. to make it through. If you haven't exhausted all your choices yet, there may be things you can do, otherwise if it really is the only option left, then I'd say as yuna does about going for selling nintendo games as they would help you profit most out of a collection and can be emulated or bought on vc or so on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff