Persona 4 0.2962962962963 29.6% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 27 ]
1 2 >

Bashful Pumpkin

8,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Falling For You 25
I'm not really sure which to do. :/ I've beaten P3 once and P4 twice. I love both games equally, but I have to download P4 to my PS3 if I do play it so I have them both on my PS3. So, since I can't decide, you guys should vote and help me out! Thanks!
I'll jump on this before anyone else.

I personally like P3 better than P4, but you should really decide for yourself which one you want to replay. Each game does it's own thing regarding it's characters, settings, gameplay, e.t.c differently, and whichever YOU enjoyed best should be the one you replay.

But on the off chance you DO choose P3 over P4, get the FES edition if you didn't already. It's leagues better than the original. smile

Bashful Pumpkin

8,875 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Falling For You 25
Ren Vortex
I'll jump on this before anyone else.

I personally like P3 better than P4, but you should really decide for yourself which one you want to replay. Each game does it's own thing regarding it's characters, settings, gameplay, e.t.c differently, and whichever YOU enjoyed best should be the one you replay.

But on the off chance you DO choose P3 over P4, get the FES edition if you didn't already. It's leagues better than the original. smile

I chose to play Persona 3, and yes, I do own the FES version. (:
SongPhoenix

I chose to play Persona 3, and yes, I do own the FES version. (:

Great! Then you're all set. biggrin

Magical Senshi

Glad you picked Persona 3~ I really enjoyed what I played of it, but I never finished it and don't have a PS Vita anymore. I pre-ordered Persona Q and hope I will understand it, lol...

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Recently, I just got finished with a playthrough of Persona 4: Golden (The current definitive edition for Persona 4.) The original game of P4 is just as good, but the extra content in Golden just makes it that much better. I did start up Persona 3 FES myself but I never did actually finish it. I'm glad to see that you ended up picking Persona 3. If you ever get a PS Vita or it's PlayStation TV equivalent you can probably check out Persona 4: Golden. The only thing I wish the PS Vita could do is play PS2 classics so I could play Persona 3: FES on the go or when I can't exactly use my console.

Zombie Prom's Husband

Married Hunter

Correct answer is "Yes".

But really, both games are really awesome. I personally liked Persona 3 FES better simply because Teddy of Persona 4 was creepy as all hell.

Beloved Detective

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
about the only thing particularly better is the ended of 4 is not as sad as persona 3 since the protag has to sacrifice his life to seal nyx away. Don't get me wrong still a good even with it just sad since aegis(sp) really loved him just as much as everyone else or more.

Wrathful Shade

As someone who has both on his PS3 and is currently going through FES.... P4. It's overall better when looking at general advancements. P3 is so difficult to adjust to, the way it goes about some things is rather inconvenient compared to the later game.

Hopeful Spirit

16,425 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Party Member 100
Both. Save your favourite for last though. Personally, I prefer Persona 4 Golden. Who woulda thought I'd grow feelings for a game series lmfao

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Reno Takamiya
The only thing I wish the PS Vita could do is play PS2 classics so I could play Persona 3: FES on the go or when I can't exactly use my console.
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

I sincerely don't understand why this hasn't happened yet. The Vita would be one of the best handhelds ever if you could play PS2 games on it.

@Topic - I personally found myself enjoying P4G more than P3FES, but that may have had more to do with the combat (you can control all 4 characters instead of just the MC) than anything else. Yeah, you can get the AI partners to do what you want most of the time, but I don't like leaving that stuff up to chance.

Story-wise I'd say I enjoyed both for different reasons. P3 gives you something to work towards every month, while P4 feels like it encourages saving people ASAP and then relaxing afterwards until the next midnight channel.

Feral Nymph

I liked Persona 4 better, as I found it slightly less grindy and infuriating compared to Tartarus. Tartarus annoyed me as it never freaking ended.

Kris Tuesti's Queen

Toxic Mystic

11,125 Points
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Streaker 200
I had more fun playing p4 then p3. Not taking anything away from p3. But god damn tartarus sucked.

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
Personally I played p3 more times than p4
I've played both, and I keep going back to P4 over P3........by a lot.........almost a hundred hour's more...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff