Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Necronium

SenatorShockwave

I never really grew up with many of the old Zeldas. They never had much of an impact on me.
People keep praising A Link to the Past like it's made out of gold and kitten farts, while I simply can't see why.
But I do quite like the Oracle of Seasons/Ages, as well as Links Awakening.

As long as they don't have a too set amount of things that drop from certain things, the drop system seems good in MH.
However, hopefully it's not as bad as Diablo once did it; This rare mob drops something. You need one to craft this item. Welcome to grinding the same monster over and over.
Because if that's the case, I'd prefer the Diablo RNG. At least then you get excited when something cool drops.

But yeah Destinys way to handle it was just terrible. I've wanted to try it, but only three classes and the lack of any decent gear system, makes me sort of not wanting to pay every month for it.

ALttP is a personal favorite, simply because it was the first played and completed by me. :v

It sounds like you're talking about like, the staff of herding, or the keys for the infernal machine. Each monster has at least, 3 or 4 items specific to it I think; It's hide, claw, and the piece you break off the monster when fighting it. But it's never guaranteed what you get. Sometimes you get 3 claws, or 3 hides.

Destiny isn't helped by the fact that, to be max level, you have to use a certain set of gear. Sure you can intersperse an exotic armor piece, or if you're some magical ********, you can get iron banner armor pieces when the Iron Baner is active and those also can get you to level 32(meanwhile your rank in IB resets everytime), but in the end everyone ends up looking the same, just with a different shader.

Dangerous Alchemist

16,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Buying 4 new Outfit slots 100
SenatorShockwave
Necronium

SenatorShockwave

I never really grew up with many of the old Zeldas. They never had much of an impact on me.
People keep praising A Link to the Past like it's made out of gold and kitten farts, while I simply can't see why.

As long as they don't have a too set amount of things that drop from certain things, the drop system seems good in MH.
However, hopefully it's not as bad as Diablo once did it; This rare mob drops something. You need one to craft this item. Welcome to grinding the same monster over and over.
Because if that's the case, I'd prefer the Diablo RNG. At least then you get excited when something cool drops.

But yeah Destinys way to handle it was just terrible. I've wanted to try it, but only three classes and the lack of any decent gear system, makes me sort of not wanting to pay every month for it.

ALttP is a personal favorite, simply because it was the first played and completed by me. :v

It sounds like you're talking about like, the staff of herding, or the keys for the infernal machine. Each monster has at least, 3 or 4 items specific to it I think; It's hide, claw, and the piece you break off the monster when fighting it. But it's never guaranteed what you get. Sometimes you get 3 claws, or 3 hides.

Destiny isn't helped by the fact that, to be max level, you have to use a certain set of gear. Sure you can intersperse an exotic armor piece, or if you're some magical ********, you can get iron banner armor pieces when the Iron Baner is active and those also can get you to level 32(meanwhile your rank in IB resets everytime), but in the end everyone ends up looking the same, just with a different shader.

Well, not really the Staff of Herding, since it's a one time thing. The infernal machines are also tedious.
But what I meant in general was when Legendary items needed a certain drop from a certain mob.
For example, the Wall of Man which is a legendary shield, required you to kill a certain unique mob in bounties.
The mob spawned randomly, and the drop rate wasn't 100% either, so there was a very tiny chance you'd ever see the certain crafting materials.

In comparison to the Keys for the infernal machine, which have been simplified to "When your friends get a drop, so do you; Making sure that your whole party gets a key for each time you also get one,
Makes it really simple to farm and do in groups.

Making legendaries before was so tedious, and blizzard thought it was a bad idea to kill the same mob over and over just to have a chance to get that item, only to craft an item and find out it rolled bad; So they removed the special loot needed to craft legendaries.

I just hope that wouldn't be the case in Monster Hunter, because then I wouldn't really care for it.
I don't like crafting in general for that manner. Feels less "epic" if I've crafted my super cool armor made out of lightning and death, and I used three hides and a fang to create it.

Aged Vampire

Just get the regular version and then buy the game. I prefer a physical copy of a game over a digital copy

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Necronium
SenatorShockwave
Necronium

SenatorShockwave

Well, not really the Staff of Herding, since it's a one time thing. The infernal machines are also tedious.
But what I meant in general was when Legendary items needed a certain drop from a certain mob.
For example, the Wall of Man which is a legendary shield, required you to kill a certain unique mob in bounties.
The mob spawned randomly, and the drop rate wasn't 100% either, so there was a very tiny chance you'd ever see the certain crafting materials.

In comparison to the Keys for the infernal machine, which have been simplified to "When your friends get a drop, so do you; Making sure that your whole party gets a key for each time you also get one,

Making legendaries before was so tedious, and blizzard thought it was a bad idea to kill the same mob over and over just to have a chance to get that item, only to craft an item and find out it rolled bad; So they removed the special loot needed to craft legendaries.

I just hope that wouldn't be the case in Monster Hunter, because then I wouldn't really care for it.
I don't like crafting in general for that manner. Feels less "epic" if I've crafted my super cool armor made out of lightning and death, and I used three hides and a fang to create it.

I mean, no two people get the same thing from the monster in the end.
Though unlike Diablo, if you got something someone else needs, and you need what they got, I believe you can swap them

Dangerous Alchemist

16,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Buying 4 new Outfit slots 100
SenatorShockwave
Necronium
SenatorShockwave
Necronium

SenatorShockwave

Though unlike Diablo, if you got something someone else needs, and you need what they got, I believe you can swap them

Unlike Diablo? You can easily swap loot with people in diablo. Just not trade if freely, since that would make gearing moot.
You can trade loot within a group, and with the people from the group from within which the items dropped, for two hours after the item drops.

So say my monk gets yet another set item I already have. Then I can just ask who wants it/if someone wants it, and then just throw it out for them to pick up.
It makes loot sharing groups really neat, and makes people to prefer playing in mixed groups.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Necronium
SenatorShockwave
Necronium
SenatorShockwave
Necronium

SenatorShockwave

Unlike Diablo? You can easily swap loot with people in diablo. Just not trade if freely, since that would make gearing moot.
You can trade loot within a group, and with the people from the group from within which the items dropped, for two hours after the item drops.

So say my monk gets yet another set item I already have. Then I can just ask who wants it/if someone wants it, and then just throw it out for them to pick up.
It makes loot sharing groups really neat, and makes people to prefer playing in mixed groups.

I mostly play alone so, I wouldn't know and the few times I have played with others, no one ever mentioned this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff