Welcome to Gaia! ::

Necronium

Odd. When I last tried to customize it, the New 3DS XL didn't even pop up as an option.

Sadly it's almost twice as expensive as the ones I found on Aliexpress.
On the other hand; I can get pretty much whatever I want on my 3DS. Hmmm... It's probably worth putting out the cash to get it.
The shipping was pretty damn cheap anyway.

For my current system I have a faux leather case with drop protection.
Whenever I don't play it, even if it's just putting it down, I always fold it and put it into the case; Just in case. (Pun not intended.)

But an aluminum case would be neat when you are on the go. I haven't really found any that fit the New 3DS or the new 3DS XL yet; Just the old ones.

It might have been a recent addition? I haven't been on decal girl in a good while until a few days ago. If Aliexpress is cheaper I might check that out myself later; I at least need a decal for the outside to protect scratches. I like the carbon fiber look they gave the new models, but I prefer the matte finish from the old XL's for this sort of reason.

Ha, i'm sure it was intended. I'm not big on carrying pouches since I prefer things in my pocket, that and I know i'll drop something even if its in my hands. So far i'm using the foam slip on the 3DS cones in the box for scratxhes, and I either leave it in my backpack or put it in my pocket.

An aluminum one would be great. The only protective case that I've found that fits the new model is a clear one by Hori, but I dont want clear. A while ago capcom released some aluminum Monster Hunter cases, and they were pretty nice. It'd be great id someone could mass produce cases like thism

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Indulgent Demigod

Necronium
The European version comes with the Majoras Mask game pre-installed; So technically, buying a Majoras version nets me a special look on my 3DS XL without putting cash on "special looks."

On the other hand, it's so annoying to get. The only place I know I can order it at is a online store that won't get a new shipment in until a month from now.

And when it comes to looks, I could just order a vinyl skin to put on the new 3DS XL anyway.
However, finding a decent Vinyl skin supplier that ships to Sweden, and makes skins for the New 3DS XL, is really annoying to find.

I'm just torn a lot by this, and I'd love to hear some peoples input.

Bottom line, I'm getting a New 3DS XL either way, because I want the faster processing, bigger size, better 3DS facial tracking, and so forth.
I'm just trying to figure out which one. Any input would be appreciated.

No point in waiting for a month on something that may never come, I'd say just get the black N3DS (or red if you prefer but black would be better for decals) and the physical game.
Doesn't EU have the regular New 3DS though? They come with swappable face/back plates which seem like they would be pretty cool.

Dangerous Alchemist

16,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Buying 4 new Outfit slots 100
SuperSmashWaifus
Necronium

Odd. When I last tried to customize it, the New 3DS XL didn't even pop up as an option.

Sadly it's almost twice as expensive as the ones I found on Aliexpress.
On the other hand; I can get pretty much whatever I want on my 3DS. Hmmm... It's probably worth putting out the cash to get it.
The shipping was pretty damn cheap anyway.

For my current system I have a faux leather case with drop protection.
Whenever I don't play it, even if it's just putting it down, I always fold it and put it into the case; Just in case. (Pun not intended.)

But an aluminum case would be neat when you are on the go. I haven't really found any that fit the New 3DS or the new 3DS XL yet; Just the old ones.

It might have been a recent addition? I haven't been on decal girl in a good while until a few days ago. If Aliexpress is cheaper I might check that out myself later; I at least need a decal for the outside to protect scratches. I like the carbon fiber look they gave the new models, but I prefer the matte finish from the old XL's for this sort of reason.

Ha, i'm sure it was intended. I'm not big on carrying pouches since I prefer things in my pocket, that and I know i'll drop something even if its in my hands. So far i'm using the foam slip on the 3DS cones in the box for scratxhes, and I either leave it in my backpack or put it in my pocket.

An aluminum one would be great. The only protective case that I've found that fits the new model is a clear one by Hori, but I dont want clear. A while ago capcom released some aluminum Monster Hunter cases, and they were pretty nice. It'd be great id someone could mass produce cases like thism

Aliexpress had this pretty thing as well as this one.
But I'm a vocaloid nut, so it might not be for everyone. There were a bunch more though.

Mine isn't actually a pouch. Pouches are soft. Mine is a hard-shell, with places for games and stuff.
So it still fits perfectly in my pocket, and I can bring everything along with me at the same time.
I need to get a new one when my XL arrives though. Blegh.

I'd want to use a aluminum case myself, but since it would probably cover the cool skins you'd be able to get, it would be sort of off.
Unless they made a lot of different neat ones. Then I'd be getting two or three, since it would be easier to switch out than those stickers.

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Meh. I just got a red one cause I knew I'd just get a special edition one down the road for a game I really want.

Also spend most of my time playing MH4U instead of my MM copy because.... MM just isn't as great as everyone hyped it up to be.

Dangerous Alchemist

16,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Fenix Alpha
Necronium
The European version comes with the Majoras Mask game pre-installed; So technically, buying a Majoras version nets me a special look on my 3DS XL without putting cash on "special looks."

On the other hand, it's so annoying to get. The only place I know I can order it at is a online store that won't get a new shipment in until a month from now.

And when it comes to looks, I could just order a vinyl skin to put on the new 3DS XL anyway.
However, finding a decent Vinyl skin supplier that ships to Sweden, and makes skins for the New 3DS XL, is really annoying to find.

Bottom line, I'm getting a New 3DS XL either way, because I want the faster processing, bigger size, better 3DS facial tracking, and so forth.

No point in waiting for a month on something that may never come, I'd say just get the black N3DS (or red if you prefer but black would be better for decals) and the physical game.
Doesn't EU have the regular New 3DS though? They come with swappable face/back plates which seem like they would be pretty cool.

You do have a valid point there, absolutely. I could get the regular New 3DS, since they are available here, as well as the backplates.
They are also cheaper than the XL by a bit.

However, the reason I've wanted a new 3DS from the beginning was because my 3DS is feeling so small and dainty.
My hands kind of cramp up after playing for a while; And that's just from playing simple stuff like Pokemon.
I can't even imagine how tedious it's gonna be to play Smash Bros with a normal 3DS. crying

Damn you, long piano fingers!

Dangerous Alchemist

16,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
SenatorShockwave
Meh. I just got a red one cause I knew I'd just get a special edition one down the road for a game I really want.

Also spend most of my time playing MH4U instead of my MM copy because.... MM just isn't as great as everyone hyped it up to be.

If you didn't already grow up with it, Majoras Mask isn't that fantastic of a game. Most remakes always come with a bunch of nostalgia.
It is also not very long. If you basically already know the game, it takes a very short time to finish.

In comparison to Monster hunter that is more based around a grind to get better gear, it has a lot more gameplay.
But if I want to grind enemies for gear, I'd rather just play Diablo.

My love of Majoras Mask stems from the fact that it's a pretty ******** up game for a Zelda title.
Use the souls of the dead as masks and keep repeating the same three days over and over, to finally save the world.

It should have had more temples though. Like say... Ocarina of time.

Indulgent Demigod

Necronium
Fenix Alpha
Necronium

You do have a valid point there, absolutely. I could get the regular New 3DS, since they are available here, as well as the backplates.

However, the reason I've wanted a new 3DS from the beginning was because my 3DS is feeling so small and dainty.
My hands kind of cramp up after playing for a while; And that's just from playing simple stuff like Pokemon.
I can't even imagine how tedious it's gonna be to play Smash Bros with a normal 3DS. crying

The New 3DS is a lil bit larger than the old one:
User Image

I know how you though, I have long fingers as well and the old 3DS felt cute and tiny in my hands and it was pretty awkward to get into a comfortable grasp. The XL version is considerably more comfortable to use and the larger screen is really nice.
I recently bought MM3D online (I'm lazy) and arrived by mail. I already preordered NEW 3DS XL online and arrived by mail. Look at my signature below.
Necronium

Hey! I saw you talking about decal skin and case. So, I already preordered MM3D case for NEW 3DS XL.

Dangerous Alchemist

16,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Fenix Alpha
Necronium
Fenix Alpha
Necronium

The New 3DS is a lil bit larger than the old one:
User Image

I know how you though, I have long fingers as well and the old 3DS felt cute and tiny in my hands and it was pretty awkward to get into a comfortable grasp. The XL version is considerably more comfortable to use and the larger screen is really nice.

I don't want to come off as a jerk, but as a big nintendo fan, and one that has been anticipating and waiting for the western release of the new 3DS; Don't you think I already know that the new 3DS is a tad big bigger than the normal one?

The size comparison between an old and new 3DS is... pretty much neglectable.
It's so small that you'd barely notice it, and therefore not one that I even ever considered.
The old 3DS is not just "a little too small" in comparison to the XL. It's... tiny. sweatdrop

I've seen the comparison in screen size up close, and I'm happy that even though the screen doesn't have better resolution, the games don't necessarily become more pixelated than what I thought they would. heart

Dangerous Alchemist

16,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Manny8O
I recently bought MM3D online (I'm lazy) and arrived by mail. I already preordered NEW 3DS XL online and arrived by mail. Look at my signature below.

What colour and stuff is the XL? I can barely see it from here and all.
But I really do like that case. Mrrr, I might get one of those.
Case wise, I will probably order a new one from Ebay, because it's cheap as dirt and they have a decent amount of different cases.
We'll see what I can find on there before I decide anything.

I'll have to decide what to customize on my decal as well, but Decalgirl is probably a little picky what I can choose and not to use for my 3DS.
And finding an artist whos art I'm allowed to use is a bit harder.
Necronium
Manny8O

What colour and stuff is the XL? I can barely see it from here and all.

It's black one. In US, they sell only red and black. So, I found black N3DS XL at Best Buy website. (Which is closer to my home.) That was only the last one in stock, but red N3DS XL sold out.

Indulgent Demigod

Necronium

I don't want to come off as a jerk, but as a big nintendo fan, and one that has been anticipating and waiting for the western release of the new 3DS; Don't you think I already know that the new 3DS is a tad big bigger than the normal one?

The size comparison between an old and new 3DS is... pretty much neglectable.
It's so small that you'd barely notice it, and therefore not one that I even ever considered.
The old 3DS is not just "a little too small" in comparison to the XL. It's... tiny. sweatdrop

I've seen the comparison in screen size up close, and I'm happy that even though the screen doesn't have better resolution, the games don't necessarily become more pixelated than what I thought they would. heart

I try my best not to assume too much and I didn't know how much you knew about the models. razz

Manny8O

This is my family handhelds (at least the ones that have survived through the years.)
It just recently got a nice shiny furry addition. biggrin
User Image

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Necronium
SenatorShockwave

If you didn't already grow up with it, Majoras Mask isn't that fantastic of a game. Most remakes always come with a bunch of nostalgia.
It is also not very long. If you basically already know the game, it takes a very short time to finish.

In comparison to Monster hunter that is more based around a grind to get better gear, it has a lot more gameplay.
But if I want to grind enemies for gear, I'd rather just play Diablo.

My love of Majoras Mask stems from the fact that it's a pretty ******** up game for a Zelda title.
Use the souls of the dead as masks and keep repeating the same three days over and over, to finally save the world.

It should have had more temples though. Like say... Ocarina of time.

I just think overall, 3D Zeldas haven't been the best.

And Monster Hunter as far as gearing goes it a lot more fun than Diablo, which I've logged too many hours. Because in MH you know what you want and you know what needs to be done to get it. Diablo is a lot like Destiny where it's, "I dunno where. I dunno when. But eventually, I will have what I want." Meanwhile, unlike Destiny which has ******** shitty RNG. Diablo has decent RNG.
Except in the case of some legendaries that are like "Whelp, this guy drops it every so often, so farm him."

Dangerous Alchemist

16,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Manny8O

Why does it look like it's white in the picture though? Do you have a Skin on it or something?

But yeah, they only sell in Black and Blue here. And as gorgeous the blue is, when I'm gonna set my theme vinyl stickers on it, it probably would be better off black.

Fenix Alpha

Growing up, I never really had the money to get any new handhelds, except the ones I'd get for christmas and stuff.
So my jump in handhelds have been: Gameboy Colour... Nintendo 3DS. gonk
So I had a fourteen year gap of not getting any new ones, and had to survive running with emulators and shoddy controllers.
Feels good to have some kind of disposable income now so I can get what I want. heart

SenatorShockwave

I never really grew up with many of the old Zeldas. They never had much of an impact on me.
People keep praising A Link to the Past like it's made out of gold and kitten farts, while I simply can't see why.
But I do quite like the Oracle of Seasons/Ages, as well as Links Awakening.

As long as they don't have a too set amount of things that drop from certain things, the drop system seems good in MH.
However, hopefully it's not as bad as Diablo once did it; This rare mob drops something. You need one to craft this item. Welcome to grinding the same monster over and over.
Because if that's the case, I'd prefer the Diablo RNG. At least then you get excited when something cool drops.

But yeah Destinys way to handle it was just terrible. I've wanted to try it, but only three classes and the lack of any decent gear system, makes me sort of not wanting to pay every month for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff