Welcome to Gaia! ::

Considerate Marshmallow

16,800 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Silent Hill 3, mainly because it was the first SH I'd ever played in the series. Being so unfamiliar with the dark and disfigured otherworld, I'd just about get scared shitless going through a door due to the fact I had no idea what or how many things might be on the other side. Even today if I play it, I have to stop and look at something and say, 'what the hell is that?'

Played SH2, wasn't too crazy about it, tho. Getting chased by Pyramid Head sucked, but to be honest I was more intimidated by Nemesis from Resident Evil 3...probably because he was relentless, whereas PH would willingly leave one of the battles. In the Apartment he doesn't attack you, at least from what I remember. It's been years since I played SH2, so I wouldn't remember very much.

Fatal Frame is creepy, but I think the reason I don't get scared easily playing it is because some of the ghosts piss me off...like the ones that constantly warp and move around and...argh emotion_bigvein

Buggy Glitch

If we're going with jump scares from random monsters popping up out of nowhere with flashing lights and music changes, I'd have to go with Pokemon.

Damn Zubats...

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Definitely dead space 1, with either surround sound headphones or actual surround sound, in the dark as well.

The only game to ever give me actual anxiety, but I loved it. The atmosphere is a lot scarier than the actual necromorphs.

Dead Space 2 was alright, but I found it a little more comical than the first one. Plus the area's are a lot bigger than in dead space 1, where it was mostly claustrophobic hallways.

Also bioshock, not exactly scary persay (minus a few jump-scares), but it's a creepy enviroment. I enjoyed both of them.

Devout Man-Lover

9,700 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Salami Stops
If we're going with jump scares from random monsters popping up out of nowhere with flashing lights and music changes, I'd have to go with Pokemon.

Damn Zubats...

This. The mental anguish of running into your 20th bidoof is enough to make anyone go legit crazy. I like to think pokemon is a real test of mental endurance.

Invisible Genius

4,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Silent ****ing Hill 2.
Eternal Darkness.

Those two are the only legitimate Horror games that I find scary.

I'm more afraid playing Fire Emblem than I am playing a lot of horror games. (Partially because the Random Number Goddess is a horrifying being of terrible wrath.
RE6!!!! Lol jk

Prob fear and fear files. I need to check out dead space and silent hills some time.

Gracious Genius

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
I have always loved a good scary game but there are only really maybe 2 that have made me frost my pants not just for how scary they are but for how well crafted and beautiful they are and not just some gorefest like most B- movies you see these days.
I would say the scariest game I have played, still to this day is the remake of the first Resident Evil for the gamecube and (regrettably) the Wii. It very much belongs to the resident evil franchise from 1- (maybe) 4 before the entire franchise went to hell with Resident Evil 5 and above and all the awful non-canon games. They just became a tasteless brand of shooter games with once awesome villains gone mad and predictable lengths of horrible story.
Resident Evil 1 is still my favorite because for a 2002 game it still delivers a scary atmosphere that will be sure to scare anyone at night alone and has a soundtrack that fits in so well with the game and each of the sequences you will play through. The game is not as light on ammo as it should be, I would probably say that it needed to be alot more scarce and the game can be beaten in about 6-7 hours if you know what you are doing and you played a couple times but no matter how much you play it, it still brings you something exciting.
I've played Slender and it isn't that scary, not scary enough for me to say it's the scariest game I ever played. It's sorta redundant.

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
Amnesia, most defiantly. D: That scared the piss outta me.

Fanatical Prophet

Moke Moo Moo
Silent Hill 3, mainly because it was the first SH I'd ever played in the series. Being so unfamiliar with the dark and disfigured otherworld, I'd just about get scared shitless going through a door due to the fact I had no idea what or how many things might be on the other side. Even today if I play it, I have to stop and look at something and say, 'what the hell is that?'
Doesn't help that your protagonist is an exceptionally vulnerable teenage girl.
Friday the 13th for NES.

Eternal Businessman

18,765 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Daring Investigator 50
even though i only get frustrated,not scared, i would have to go with doom 3 since it always keeps you on your guard, there are a few creepy weapons, and you have to fight a thing that's the size of a 3 story building at one point.

Cat

Moke Moo Moo

I wouldn't recommend playing SH3 before SH1 to a SH newbie. It might get confusing.. :/

Cat

Since everyone has named the obvious, I'm going to say Haunting Ground.
Great story, and terrifying.
It's for the PS2.
I haven't played that many Horror-based games but out of the ones I played I'd have to say it was Nosferatu:Wrath of Malachi.Try it if you want....it's fun mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff