Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you don't like to read: 99% of the community say this game is trash and despised 10x more than anything ever made. I love it... everyone hates me for it... sad face. What do you think?

So I bought the game and just finished the Leon campaign and I have to admit. Truly the best game I've bought this year. I really got the same feeling I did with RE4. I found myself getting into the story while actually getting some scares here and there! At the end I just looked back and realized what an amazing game it turned out to be and how much fans would bombard this with love.

Then I got to the reviews and other people's opinion. I red trough angry rants, people wanting to boycott the game? Saying it's worse than any other RE game ever made. S**t story, s**t gameplay, s**t characters... And I honestly think that I'm the only one who thinks it was just a gigantic success. It makes me sad. I don't even feel like playing the game anymore because, what's the point? I can't discuss it with anyone... people will think I'm an idiot for thinking this a worthy game. I've tried to look for reasons on why the game sucks but... but, I- I- I just don't know anymore... cry

What do you think on the game?
While it's by no means flawless, it's the best RE I've played.
Nothing can out-awful Code Veronica, imo.
Because quicktime events are poor design that remove control from the player? Because it relies heavily on cutscenes which, while interesting to watch, aren't what makes a good video game? Deaths that are forced on you like being hit by a train in a cutscene despite moving out of its way in gameplay. Over reliance on scripted set pieces? Poor third person shooter mechanics? Easily exploitable melee system? It's a classic case of "looks cool, plays terrible."

Eloquent Streaker

I guarantee you every bit of the bitching about the game is due to the fact that it's more action game than survival horror game.

I was supposed to be playing it this weekend, but my friend's ex-girlfriend screwed him out of it. The pre-order was under her name, and even though she doesn't play Resident Evil, she went in to a GameStop nowhere near her house, paid off the game, and took it home just to spite him.
I've got some serious problems with the game,
And while it's not as bad as everyone is crying about it does have problems.

Personally I hate that even if I'm cautious and shoot trap zombies in the head,
the bullet does nothing.
(So I assume it's actually a dead guy)
but then when I walk over it then it jumps me.
That is complete bullshit.

I also hate the almost Kung-Fu like zombies that you fight.
In the Campus there were zombies that would be a far distance from me,
Run to get closer,
(That's fine still)
But then they would be a good 12-15 feet away and do this ******** crouching tiger hidden dragon jump,
and punch me.
It seriously looks like something out of a Martial arts movie.
And that's where I draw the line.

Also the fact that some of the common zombies,
(while playing on the normal difficulty)
Have seriously taken 6+ shots to the head to kill.

One woman in particular took 6 head shots, a shotgun blast, 2 melee's and a final ground melee to kill.
And she was just a common infected, standing around in the campus.

Then there was the train that just instantly killed me.
I heard the partner scream,
"Watch out for the train!"
(The scene after your out of the tunnel and there are the two railways, just before all the zombies creep infront of the spot light)
And one second later,
(didn't even have enough time to move having heard the warning)
The train hit me from behind and I died.
People are bitching and moaning about so man QTE's,
but that time I would have loved one to dodge the train.
Nope, gave me nothing.

So yeah... that's just a few of the problems I've come across in my first few hours of playing.

But all those things that are wrong being said...
The things I've pointed out aside...
I've enjoyed it.
Some parts I thought were TOO dark, and with no option to use the flashlight that I know Leon has,
But I like that it still kinda feels like RE4.
The Atmosphere is good,
and it does still deliver those tense moments where I have to decide fight or flight.

I feel like they do give a little too much ammo,
but at the same time the option to dual wield pistols chew's through that pretty fast.

I haven't got a chance to use the skills yet, but I am kinda excited too.
i saw a video of RE6 where they were being chased by a tank running away in a motorcycle jumping a chopper in slow mo etc etc i can see why some guys said it was like a michael bay movie

when capcom said they wanted to compete with COD they took it too literally if you ask me
If 99% of the community thinks this game is terrible, then 98% of the community are fans who are butthurt that the franchise has changed and are criticizing the game according to what they believe it should be rather than what it is. As already pointed out, it's not perfect by any means, but it's better than what came before it.

Newbie Noob

11,000 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Bashful Flatterer

I'm not even going to bother getting it, I've seen the reviews, the fact that Capcom attempted to get the game out (at least here in Australia) before we could read proper reviews and you know.. they said they wanted to complete with Call of Duty which I personally find revolting.

Anyways, I'm not really surprised because Capcom always either s**t on their good IP's like Megaman, or make you pay for on-disk content or other shenanigans like that. On another note, it's kinda silly for you to stop playing a game because you can't speak to anyone about it.. that's me saying that I'm not going to listen to heavy rock/metal because my friends all like the top 40 hits. It's just dumb? You should play what you enjoy, regardless of what anyone says. Games were created for you to enjoy personally, if no one wants to play it with you or talk to you about it at least you can enjoy it by yourself. You also don't have to share it, haha razz
Rev Dawning Gun Mage
I've got some serious problems with the game,
And while it's not as bad as everyone is crying about it does have problems.

Personally I hate that even if I'm cautious and shoot trap zombies in the head,
the bullet does nothing.
(So I assume it's actually a dead guy)
but then when I walk over it then it jumps me.
That is complete bullshit.

I also hate the almost Kung-Fu like zombies that you fight.
In the Campus there were zombies that would be a far distance from me,
Run to get closer,
(That's fine still)
But then they would be a good 12-15 feet away and do this ******** crouching tiger hidden dragon jump,
and punch me.
It seriously looks like something out of a Martial arts movie.
And that's where I draw the line.

Also the fact that some of the common zombies,
(while playing on the normal difficulty)
Have seriously taken 6+ shots to the head to kill.

One woman in particular took 6 head shots, a shotgun blast, 2 melee's and a final ground melee to kill.
And she was just a common infected, standing around in the campus.

Then there was the train that just instantly killed me.
I heard the partner scream,
"Watch out for the train!"
(The scene after your out of the tunnel and there are the two railways, just before all the zombies creep infront of the spot light)
And one second later,
(didn't even have enough time to move having heard the warning)
The train hit me from behind and I died.
People are bitching and moaning about so man QTE's,
but that time I would have loved one to dodge the train.
Nope, gave me nothing.

So yeah... that's just a few of the problems I've come across in my first few hours of playing.

But all those things that are wrong being said...
The things I've pointed out aside...
I've enjoyed it.
Some parts I thought were TOO dark, and with no option to use the flashlight that I know Leon has,
But I like that it still kinda feels like RE4.
The Atmosphere is good,
and it does still deliver those tense moments where I have to decide fight or flight.

I feel like they do give a little too much ammo,
but at the same time the option to dual wield pistols chew's through that pretty fast.

I haven't got a chance to use the skills yet, but I am kinda excited too.

This hits the nail right on the head, perfectly.

Not to mention a lot of cheap deaths caused by glitches and some sloppy game mechanics here and there, but this is most of what I had problems with in-game.

Still a blast to play, though.

Questionable Prophet

7,100 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
jeatstream15
If you don't like to read: 99% of the community say this game is trash and despised 10x more than anything ever made. I love it... everyone hates me for it... sad face. What do you think?

So I bought the game and just finished the Leon campaign and I have to admit. Truly the best game I've bought this year. I really got the same feeling I did with RE4. I found myself getting into the story while actually getting some scares here and there! At the end I just looked back and realized what an amazing game it turned out to be and how much fans would bombard this with love.

Then I got to the reviews and other people's opinion. I red trough angry rants, people wanting to boycott the game? Saying it's worse than any other RE game ever made. S**t story, s**t gameplay, s**t characters... And I honestly think that I'm the only one who thinks it was just a gigantic success. It makes me sad. I don't even feel like playing the game anymore because, what's the point? I can't discuss it with anyone... people will think I'm an idiot for thinking this a worthy game. I've tried to look for reasons on why the game sucks but... but, I- I- I just don't know anymore... cry

What do you think on the game?

Haven't played the game yet, but ******** everyone else's opinions. You enjoyed the game, it really doesn't matter what other people think of it. Just have a good time playing.

Distinct Hunter

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
DynaSuarez Wrecks
If 99% of the community thinks this game is terrible, then 98% of the community are fans who are butthurt that the franchise has changed and are criticizing the game according to what they believe it should be rather than what it is. As already pointed out, it's not perfect by any means, but it's better than what came before it.
People compare this game to the ones that were released before but the only other u can really comapre it to is RE5. People disagree with the game because its leaving Survival Horror, or really it already left survival horror. You think you're buying a Horror game when its a 3rd Person Shooter. And about Reviews,you should really try the game on your own instead of basing your opinion off of others.

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150

I love that Resident Evil went action (RE4 is by far my favorite, and one of my favorite action games ever), but this one, based on everything I've heard, sounds like a bad action game AND a bad horror game. What's left, Capcom? What's left?

Aged Lunatic

Requiem in Mortis
I guarantee you every bit of the bitching about the game is due to the fact that it's more action game than survival horror game.

Which is the same whining I've put up with in the fandom ever since 4.

BUT, it is still fair to judge whether or not the game holds up as a good action-er.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff