Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Dabbler

8,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I posted this at another forum, but I thought I would share my wisdom!

I'm all about the horror games, though, so I will give you my 2 cents on the best horror games money can buy/rent!!

Silent Hill 1 - You are Harry and your daughter has gone missing! Guess where she is? Silent Hill of course! Your introduction to this town in best given in game 1. Harry is pretty tough and it's perfect for the beginner! You might get keeled a few times though. It doesn't start out slow like 2 and 3, so you'll start freaking out right away!
Gore, violence, crazy critters, etc. etc. The violence is you killing monsters. It's not like GTA, killing random people or anything like that.

LOVE love love Silent Hill! 1 is probably the best, but each holds a special place in my heart!

This one has the best radio sounds, too.

Unique to 1: Teh dead babies in the school! GAH! ******** freaky things!

Music - 10! There are places you will REFUSE to go because the music there is absolutely horrifying!

Special - Look closely at the drawings the children made in the school. You'll get your first intro to Pyramid Head here.

Sirens in this game mean you're heading into dark silent hill! Listen for it!

Silent Hill 2 - Restless Dreams

GOOD good. Depressing as all hell. This one starts off REAL slow. You've got to run for like 30 minutes to actually get to Silent Hill because the roads are closed, etc.

You are James. Your wife passed away from a terrible disease but you recently recieved a letter from her. She is waiting for you in Silent Hill. So get moving!!!

This game will break your heart no matter which ending you get. I cried. XI Sad stuff, but it's a GREAT game with good plot and plenty of getting scared and screaming your head off.

Unique to 2 - The real Pyramid Head guy. BTW, you can't kill him so when you run into him you'd best be running like hell! Don't be like me and start screaming while James is just standing there wondering why you aren't moving him away! XD Poor James . . . sorry about that!

Music: Good and creepy. If you hear the sirens you'll know Pyramid Head isn't far so listen up!

Special: Don't forget to steal Pyramid Head's sword near the end of the game. it's a great prize! Good for killin' the final boss!!!

The radio effects aren't as scary in this game.

Silent Hill 3:

Your first SH appearance as a girl! You are Heather and you're drawn to Silent Hill by something inside of you. It seems to be dark Silent Hill all the time XI But it gets worse, so don't fret!

This one also strats off a bit slow, but it's a good and freaky game!

Lots of cut scenes and talk in this game. The most difficult final boss of any Silent Hill lives in this game. Beware! Save up your ammo or you'll get toasted!!!

Unique to 3 - You're a chick! Kick a**! And the "monkey" monsters are actually out in the open with you in this game. They're HUGE and they've got one hell of a reach so watch ouy! I call them meatgrinder hands in this game. S'what they look like!

Music - Hella good! I love the soundtrack to this game. It's awesome!

Special - Pay good attention to all the notes and stuff. You'll recognize things from the first game . . .

Silent Hill 4 - The Room:

EGAD the most unique of the series by far! You are Henry Townsend and you don't even LIVE in Silent Hill! But your room sucks you into it, so have fun with that! There is some ******** up s**t happening to your apartment and your mind is all messed up. You go through portals to Silent Hill and to get out of your room since somebody has you locked in!!!

Unique - You're not IN Silent Hill! You were just minding your own business! Also, there are different controls to make Henry look where you want him to look so that's good! And there are ghosts. You can't kill them, you just hafta run! Beware!

Music - Good, good times! Not as good as the others, though, unfortunately.

Special - DO NOT take that goddamn doll! You'll find out later in the game what I mean. Trust me, it's only trouble!!

Fatal Frame - HELLA good! You are a Japanese girl and your brother has gone missing in this weird haunted mansion, so you go to find him! Killing ghosts relies on you saving your film and camera powers! You banish them with the camera. Truly unique! And you can keep a photo album of your fave shots!!!
The end SUCKS, though. It pissed me off!!!

Fatal Frame II - Curse of the Crimson Butterfly -

You get to be twin Japanese girls investiagting a haunted town. Again, you get the camera obscura to banish ghosts. It's very scary! A great game!

Forget about Resident Evil. It's boring. Not scary at all once you've played these!!!!
I don't know, Pokemon was pretty scary...
Biohazard 4.
Must add~
I have never really seen a scary video game...

Tipsy Dabbler

8,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
OOOH! Haven't played BioHazard 4!

I know that all the Resident Evil games suck . . . in my opinion, anyway XI. Clocktower was a rip-off that was the most UNSCARY game of all time!

But I need to play Siren!!! That's supposed to be really scary!!!
Trust me. Biohazard / Resident Evil 4 will unlock more twists to the Umbrella plot, I think. Although I've played it, I haven't reach that far. Not only that, but it's quite damn hard... Seeming how you can have over twenty mobs chasing you while you're equipped with only a gun and a knife. Heh.
Siren, what is that about?
yeah the silent hill series is scary but RE4 is going to be better

Tipsy Dabbler

8,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Oh man, RE has never done a thing for me. I just never found it very scary at all. I'm sorry!

Siren is like . . . sort of like SH I hear, but you get to see from the critters' points of view sometimes as they're like stalkin' after you and it's supposed to creep you out! I guess there are several playable characters (?)
It just sounded sooo great the first time I heard about it!

Since you seem so enthralled with RE 4, I suppose I'll have to give it a shot. I sure hope it isn't as boring as I found the other ones!

What other games do you guys find totally freaky?
i played the 2nd crimson butterfly....its scary...but not as much as SL2
Best horror game every is Eternal Darkness. It's got the whole "sanity meter" thing. That's awesome. If that's way down and you try to save, sometimes it says you data is corrupted and crap like that. It's enough to drive you INSANE!
I love the Fatal Frame series. The scariest games I've ever played. The ghosts were just terrifying. Same in the second game, but I like Silent Hill 4 and Siren alot, too. I've played Clock Tower 3, it wasn't exactly scary but the Panic Meter was so realistic. Each of these games have these brave heros that just approach the monsters and start beating them up. In Clock Tower, if the panic meter goes up, you start to lose control of the character. In desperate sitiuations, isn't it normal to panic and lose control? That's what makes it Clock Tower interesting...

Feral Storyteller

Kittydudette
Best horror game every is Eternal Darkness. It's got the whole "sanity meter" thing. That's awesome. If that's way down and you try to save, sometimes it says you data is corrupted and crap like that. It's enough to drive you INSANE!

T__T I could never finish that game because of that....
What about splatterhouse?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ai, I love the RE series. crying And RE4 is going to completly redefine the series, & perhaps survival horror - although it looks more like 'action horror' to me. It's going to kick so much a**! xd

I have Siren. It's kinda dull. You should rent it before you buy it, because it might bore you a little. But, if you're an SH fan wanting more games to play, then you might just love it. 3nodding

Eternal Darkness does freaking rule. The Insanity Meter is sheer genious. Some of the stuff is really freaky - I don't want to give away too much, but one is where these bugs show up all over your screen - erk. Another, your TV acts like it just turned off, & you hear these weird noises. ;.;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff