Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Today after I was done playing Tales of Xillia and turned off the game, the screen suddenly went black... Followed by 3 beeps after it... I waited for about 5 minutes... Tried holding the on/off button for like 20 seconds... But since the thing wouldn't shut off, I unplugged the power cord and then put it back in... Now the PS3 is working just fine again... Something similar happened once a while ago where the system would reboot with 2/3 beeps... This is a 2-month-old PS3...
So I was wondering... Should I be worried? Or do healthy PS3's just have little hiccups like this every now and then? It doesn't happen often as I've bin playing the PS3 for multiple hours a day for these past 2 months... But it's kinda starting to worry me... cat_surprised
Healthy PS3's are definitely prone to hiccups, just as older ones are.

The 3 beeps usually means that the console is resetting the screen resolution, but if you're not noticing a difference then I wouldn't worry.

Are you turning off the game via the quit button, or just powering off the console? If you're using the quit button and it's crashing the console then consider testing it with other games. If the same thing happens with other games then it's your PS3. If it doesn't, then it's a bug in the game.

If you're just using the power button while in-game then it's an a-ok reaction from your console smile

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
touch the butt

The 3 beeps usually means that the console is resetting the screen resolution, but if you're not noticing a difference then I wouldn't worry.

Are you turning off the game via the quit button, or just powering off the console? If you're using the quit button and it's crashing the console then consider testing it with other games. If the same thing happens with other games then it's your PS3. If it doesn't, then it's a bug in the game.

If you're just using the power button while in-game then it's an a-ok reaction from your console smile

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I end the games through the Home menu before turning off the console through the menu... It happened with different games (previous time with a Demo I think) so I don't think it's game related... cat_sweatdrop
YunaSama
touch the butt

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I end the games through the Home menu before turning off the console through the menu... It happened with different games (previous time with a Demo I think) so I don't think it's game related... cat_sweatdrop
Oh dear sad

If you get an error report number at any point then it would be worth reporting it to Sony, alternatively google the number and it may give you a solution.

In the mean time, clean out your machine and make sure there's no dust trapped in the vents. Ensure it's well ventilated while you're using it to minimise the chance of it overheating.

But unless you're seeing any adverse effects of the crash then try not to worry too much. Sony do provide a repair service should you need to use it in the future smile

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
touch the butt
Oh dear sad

If you get an error report number at any point then it would be worth reporting it to Sony, alternatively google the number and it may give you a solution.

In the mean time, clean out your machine and make sure there's no dust trapped in the vents. Ensure it's well ventilated while you're using it to minimise the chance of it overheating.

But unless you're seeing any adverse effects of the crash then try not to worry too much. Sony do provide a repair service should you need to use it in the future smile

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Didn't get any error reports I think... cat_sweatdrop

My PS3 is on a well-ventilated place and I'm removing dust form it's outside twice a week (there's barely any dust though)... The weather has bin kinda hot here lately but my PS3 doesn't really seem to mind... My little superslim always keeps it's cool... cat_smile

But thanks... Guess it really are just little hiccups... There are no side-effects whatsoever... PS3 always works perfectly again right after rebooting... It also endures many hours of constant gameplay (bin at it for 9 hours straight yesterday)... I'm glad now that there's no need to be worried about it... cat_whee

Sending it to Sony, huh... I really don't hope it'll ever come to that... I don't really trust the mail here... And being PS3-less while I still have so much to play would be a pain... PS3's aren't exactly cheap so I really wouldn't want it to get lost somehow... I'd rather keep a machine with some minor malfunctions then going through all that... As long as it's not something major that makes it unusable that is... cat_stressed

pls niu 's King

Magical Shoujo

probably just hiccups because of the heat. tho mine is working perfectly in the same weather.

Also did you get Tales of Graces F during the Big in Japan sale last month? Sooooooo goooooooooood. The combat system is so awesome that I've been grinding since the first area. crying heart

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Possibly Erotic Art
probably just hiccups because of the heat. tho mine is working perfectly in the same weather.

Also did you get Tales of Graces F during the Big in Japan sale last month? Sooooooo goooooooooood. The combat system is so awesome that I've been grinding since the first area. crying heart

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The funny thing is that it has cooled down for a few days now... But since these kind of hiccups are normal, I'm glad that there's no need for me to worry... cat_smile

No, I just go it from the local game store here for a good price... Was a nice surprise that it included a bonus CD & DVD too... I already finished played the game about a month ago, including the Future Arc... Was the 1st game along with Drakengard 3 that I played on my PS3 (which I got in May)... It was a really great game... Great combat system, touching story, lovable characters... I really don't understand why so many ppl think this is a bad game... Will definitely replay it sometime when the story isn't as fresh in my memory anymore... cat_whee

pls niu 's King

Magical Shoujo

YunaSama
Possibly Erotic Art

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The funny thing is that it has cooled down for a few days now... But since these kind of hiccups are normal, I'm glad that there's no need for me to worry... cat_smile

No, I just go it from the local game store here for a good price... Was a nice surprise that it included a bonus CD & DVD too... I already finished played the game about a month ago, including the Future Arc... Was the 1st game along with Drakengard 3 that I played on my PS3 (which I got in May)... It was a really great game... Great combat system, touching story, lovable characters... I really don't understand why so many ppl think this is a bad game... Will definitely replay it sometime when the story isn't as fresh in my memory anymore... cat_whee

They had all the PS3 Tales of games in the PSN store for 10 euros a game except for Symphonia Dawn which was 5(hearing it's really crappy). Now those are amazing deals! Yeah, I'm level 20 and have so many titles maxed out already and I just got Pascal in my team. Enjoying this game a little bit way too much. redface

Xillia was okay, but Vesperia was my favorite before Graces F. Such a good series overall.
Is this your first playthrough of Xillia?

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Possibly Erotic Art
YunaSama
Possibly Erotic Art

They had all the PS3 Tales of games in the PSN store for 10 euros a game except for Symphonia Dawn which was 5(hearing it's really crappy). Now those are amazing deals! Yeah, I'm level 20 and have so many titles maxed out already and I just got Pascal in my team. Enjoying this game a little bit way too much. redface

Xillia was okay, but Vesperia was my favorite before Graces F. Such a good series overall.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I... Think I misses that sale... Though I already had Graces f & Xillia on PS3, Symphonia on GameCube, and Symphonia Dawn of the New World on Wii... cat_sweatdrop

I don't have a XBox 360 (chose the PS3 instead) and I'm not planning to get one just to play 1 game on it either... So I can't really say much about Vesperia... I watched the prequel movie though... It was pretty good...

Yeah, is was my 1st playthrough... Went with Milla 1st... Will play through Jude's side sometime as well... cat_3nodding

pls niu 's King

Magical Shoujo

YunaSama
Possibly Erotic Art
YunaSama
Possibly Erotic Art

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I... Think I misses that sale... Though I already had Graces f & Xillia on PS3, Symphonia on GameCube, and Symphonia Dawn of the New World on Wii... cat_sweatdrop

I don't have a XBox 360 (chose the PS3 instead) and I'm not planning to get one just to play 1 game on it either... So I can't really say much about Vesperia... I watched the prequel movie though... It was pretty good...

Yeah, is was my 1st playthrough... Went with Milla 1st... Will play through Jude's side sometime as well... cat_3nodding

Should've started with Jude's first. Gives you a better perspective on the overall story. blaugh

You didn't happen to get your PS3 at a Saturn sale right after Koning's dag, did you? 4laugh

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Possibly Erotic Art
YunaSama
Possibly Erotic Art
YunaSama
Possibly Erotic Art

Should've started with Jude's first. Gives you a better perspective on the overall story. blaugh

You didn't happen to get your PS3 at a Saturn sale right after Koning's dag, did you? 4laugh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I heard as much... But I really love Milla's perspective... And dat hair you get after her playthrough... Can't say I have any regrets... cat_whee

Nope... Got mine with my holiday money in May... Around the 27th or so... Bought a 500 GB one for €240 at Intertoys... I don't think any sane person would step outside and enter the idiotic orange zone on Koning's day anyway... cat_razz

Timid Bookworm

10,500 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I get the same sometimes but only noticed it when my PS3 gets hot because i've played a game for a stupid amount of time. But i never tend to worry about it because it eventually goes off by itself.

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
The same thing happened to me once about a year ago. I never ran into that problem again. I'm not sure what caused it.

Levykins's Bae

Prodigal Guildsman

14,925 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Signature Look 250
At least it's nowhere nearly as bad as when an update basically killed my ps3 back in 2012. I had to wipe everything. And then reinstall the update through usb and then it took a few days to do it right.

I got Graces F about a month after it came out. And Xillia, I got during Black Friday for $20... (price matched at walmart since I wasn't going to stand in the overcrowded gamestop for who knows how long.)

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Game consoles tend to hate the heat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers