Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maynard is god

yes 1 100.0% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]

I have this game and I have a few questions. This is the first pokemon I have ever played. First off how do you play online with other people? Like my husband has Ruby and we want to play together but not necessarily just want to battle each other. Is there a way to go to each others worlds and fight together? Does it have to do with traveling through the secret hide out? Also what is the point of the secret hideout? Another question and something that is pretty annoying, is there a quest log anywhere in this game? Like if I talk to someone, then go do something for a few hours (IRL) I may forget what they said when I go back to play. I wish there was written down objectives..

So the point is
Catch em all
Defeat the gym leaders
finish the storyline

is that all right?

Oh yeah what do I do with this egg? How long till it hatches and do I have to leave it on me?
Brena hates randos
I have this game and I have a few questions. This is the first pokemon I have ever played. First off how do you play online with other people? Like my husband has Ruby and we want to play together but not necessarily just want to battle each other. Is there a way to go to each others worlds and fight together? Does it have to do with traveling through the secret hide out? Also what is the point of the secret hideout? Another question and something that is pretty annoying, is there a quest log anywhere in this game? Like if I talk to someone, then go do something for a few hours (IRL) I may forget what they said when I go back to play. I wish there was written down objectives..

So the point is
Catch em all
Defeat the gym leaders
finish the storyline

is that all right?

Oh yeah what do I do with this egg? How long till it hatches and do I have to leave it on me?

Welcome to the world of Pokemon. Also, for future reference, there is a Pokemon subforum and here's a link to it i am a link click me.

Anyways here we go:

+ There is no way for both of you to essentially "play together". You can't enter each others worlds and do stuff, it's strictly a singleplayer game in that regards. Although Pokemon Black and White/Black and White 2 had a feature that allowed you to enter each other's worlds, do some limited play, etc. As well, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum also had an area that allowed players to actually play with each other, other than battling.

+There's no real point to secret bases, other than being just a nifty thing to have more connectivity with others. You can also create a custom Gym, per sey by adding secret pals. Once you add people to your base, if someone else gets your secret base in their game, they can battle your "Gym".

+There is no quest log, and to be honest it's not that hard to forget. But if you need one for yourself, your 3DS has a notepad function, just press home and you can get to it from one of the top buttons on the home screen. It won't exit your game for you either.

+Eggs need to be hatched by keeping them in your party. Pokemon are split off into egg groups, and each group requires a number of steps to hatch (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that). Having a Pokemon with the ability Flame Body while also having an egg will reduce the number of steps needed to hatch the egg.

And yeah, those are pretty much the points to the game.

Perfect Winner

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
both you nailed it. That is pretty much the point of the game. Though most try to max out their little pokemon to whoop on others easier. Eggs depending on how you do it take around 6-9 mins of running *riding a bike is easier*back and forth along a long stretch of road till it hatches. Make it a long stretch. The shorter you have to move the longer its going to take to hatch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff