Welcome to Gaia! ::

>Vita is just an indie console handheld now
>People haven't been listening to Sony
>Sony is no longer supporting the Vita
Wut?

inb4: "Greentexting on Gaia!" responses.

Actually we have been listening to Sony. PS Vita Will Play Host To Fewer First-Party Games.

Remind me, where does it say that the Vita is headed to kick the bucket? You know what else has a bunch of indie games? Tablets and Smartphones.

By the way, never assume anything. It just makes you look silly.

Quote:
Yoshida stressed that the company’s still going to continue to support the system with plenty of digital releases like Entwined and Fat Princess: Piece of Cake. And, of course, there are still bigger titles such as Freedom Wars and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on the way. Will these, along with the slew of cross-buy indie games, be enough to hold your attention in the future, though?

Akaru Renuji
The PS Vita is still going to see well over 150+ games (and they're not all indie games) on the system from different developers.

Even though, It's already been pointed out by me (and others) that it's more of a Japanese/niche handheld and that it's still getting well over 150+ Japanese/niche titles and that includes indie games as well. Take it as you will. I already know that you'll take the information that I've provided you with more than once and change it up into something else that proves the opposite just to make yourself seem right.

Hardcore Unicorn

My major problem with the Vita is that it near impossible to find games sometimes. Now this could be due to me living in a region that doesn't always get every release that every other region gets but pretty much every game store around town has maybe one or two Vita games in stock if any at all. Sure I could download titles but there's something nice about having physical copies. I suppose I could also order games online but I'd much rather be able to pick a game or two while I'm out running errands.

The Vita isn't done for but it's very clear the Vita is not Sony's priority and probably will never be.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Fapbuddy
Here's what i researched so far:
- Lack of western developers.
- Not for avid gamers, there are more crappy indie games for it.
- Doesn't seem like Sony is even interested in supporting the handheld device anymore
- Still overpriced accessories.
- 512mb RAM only
- Smartphones are stronger than this gaming device

Is it still a good investment?

1. gaming is not determined by country of origin. thats retarded.
2. "not for avid gamers" rofl. I guess pc is also for casual gamers too since it has bar none, the most indie games out there, am i right?
3. developers make games, kid. not console producers.
4. wtf accessories you need? Its a portable.
5. ram? really? You gonna argue hardware for the currently highest quality graphic screen on any portable gaming device up to date and you talk of 512ram? do you know what 512 ram with optimization can do? let me put it this way: disgaea 4 runs on it, a ps3 game ported over and loses nothing.
6. oh. you wanna play angry birds on it?

like seriously I can't tell if you're trolling here. "Here's what I researched". your points are absolutely ridiculous.

You should purchase the system for your wants/needs not what it is. Did you know that even though pc is bar none of the strongest devices, developers on pc optimize for the wider range of low to mid tier pc. in fact, out of all the steam users only (0.87%) fall into the top tier pc gaming level(with all the bells and whistles). guess how many games are produced for them? Even crysis doesn't go that high.

might as well go and buy a notebook then,for a bit more money it would have probably double the specs. but hey, miss out all the JRPGS, actionyplatformers, sword art online and upcoming freedom wars/tales of hearts.

with my research, they were not making fire emblem for anything else but the 3ds. with my further research, no current plans to have freedom wars, sword art online or soul sacrifice on any other system.
Akaru Renuji
Wut?

Actually we have been listening to Sony. PS Vita Will Play Host To Fewer First-Party Games.

Remind me, where does it say that the Vita is headed to kick the bucket? You know what else has a bunch of indie games? Tablets and Smartphones.

Quote:
Yoshida stressed that the company’s still going to continue to support the system with plenty of digital releases like Entwined and Fat Princess: Piece of Cake. And, of course, there are still bigger titles such as Freedom Wars and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines on the way. Will these, along with the slew of cross-buy indie games, be enough to hold your attention in the future, though?

Akaru Renuji
The PS Vita is still going to see well over 150+ games (and they're not all indie games) on the system from different developers.

Even though, It's already been pointed out by me (and others) that it's more of a Japanese/niche handheld and that it's still getting well over 150+ Japanese/niche titles and that includes indie games as well. Take it as you will. I already know that you'll take the information that I've provided you with more than once and change it up into something else that proves the opposite just to make yourself seem right.

albeit, a dead console.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Fapbuddy
Akaru Renuji
Wut?

Quote:

Akaru Renuji

albeit, a dead console.

vita baiting confirmed.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Akaru Renuji
Dollwhore

I know this is off topic, but how is the sword art game?

No worries, it's a good game.

However, the developers still went with the "Engrish" translation from the Chinese copy. Which isn't horrible since you can still understand it but it makes trying to complete quests and find where you need to go a bit more tedious than it needs to be.

It's also another JRPG with a dating sim aspect with multiple girls that you can get with and also have in your party. You can even have some bromance time with your buddy Klein. The game was only released digitally in Europe and North America.

the quest themselves actually tell you what needs to be done on what floor.

it cant get any easier, not without a way point. the text background, is more or less story and loads of games have quest backgrounds which makes no sense.

now for the dating sim aspect, that is where the translations hurts since it isn't straightforward at times and becomes guess work.

everything else is explained in another way(skills have stat explanations, quests have counters) so you won't be lost and if you've played mmos before its...very much a single player mmo thats actually fun.

Hilarious Hunter

8,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Dollwhore
Akaru Renuji

Hmm I may just need to buy a vita to play sword art, because I love the anime.

If you love the anime then I would definitely recommend it.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
Vita has no games? So.....what are the 22 games I have for it, not counting digital?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff