Welcome to Gaia! ::

skyryo
Shadow of the Colossus( simply amazing game - take out 16 different colossus), Final Fantasy 12( its a love or hate game among players, personally the license grid beats 10's sphere grid).

There's a lot more but this will do.

Eh, I think that depends on where you live. If you live here in America, they're pretty much the same. Everyone ends up learning the same thing and has all the same abilities. If you live overseas, though, I know that XII at least has a job system instead of the open ended license board. Whether it has a license board at all or not, I don't know, but I do know it's more of a specialization system like the job system.
Otherwise, they're practically the same thing. I like the sphere grid system better, it's more entertaining and satisfying to look at. Plus, there's no way in hell you're going to fill the whole grid, unless you're like me and you have to platinum it on PS3. sweatdrop If I'd played normally, though, everyone would still be specialized in their own way. XII is so big, I wouldn't be surprised if you filled the whole thing out just by playing normally.

Benevolent Strawberry

27,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hmm... my most memorable games for ps2 were Okami and Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm.

There was a few ps2 games I'd have liked but they were never had an Australian release. A few Tales games spring to mind. ^_^;;

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
Persephone Vaeros
skyryo
Shadow of the Colossus( simply amazing game - take out 16 different colossus), Final Fantasy 12( its a love or hate game among players, personally the license grid beats 10's sphere grid).

There's a lot more but this will do.

Eh, I think that depends on where you live. If you live here in America, they're pretty much the same. Everyone ends up learning the same thing and has all the same abilities. If you live overseas, though, I know that XII at least has a job system instead of the open ended license board. Whether it has a license board at all or not, I don't know, but I do know it's more of a specialization system like the job system.
Otherwise, they're practically the same thing. I like the sphere grid system better, it's more entertaining and satisfying to look at. Plus, there's no way in hell you're going to fill the whole grid, unless you're like me and you have to platinum it on PS3. sweatdrop If I'd played normally, though, everyone would still be specialized in their own way. XII is so big, I wouldn't be surprised if you filled the whole thing out just by playing normally.

oh you're talking about the ff12 international zodiac version. yeah that is a japanese import copy. I have not played it. I did like the fact that having a character needed to equip a bow is very important given some monsters throughout the game are flying-types.

I did try making them all different as much as possible but having them equip different weapons like fran equip a bow, ashe equip a staff and vaan had a sword.

the characters in the past game did wear the same armor bought in the armor shop so I don't understand why people always have to complain about something being the same.

there is always something for them to complain about: keep it the same people complain. keep it too different and people freak out.
skyryo
oh you're talking about the ff12 international zodiac version. yeah that is a japanese import copy. I have not played it. I did like the fact that having a character needed to equip a bow is very important given some monsters throughout the game are flying-types.

I did try making them all different as much as possible but having them equip different weapons like fran equip a bow, ashe equip a staff and vaan had a sword.

the characters in the past game did wear the same armor bought in the armor shop so I don't understand why people always have to complain about something being the same.

there is always something for them to complain about: keep it the same people complain. keep it too different and people freak out.

I heard they might be remaking 12 as an HD Remaster like they did X&X-2. I would honestly cry if they did. I haven't played very much of XII, but I liked it a lot and how it went off of the Ivalice setting, like Tactics did.
Yeah, I know. I actually like X-2 and its break from being a very serious, somber game. Is it silly? Yeah. Does it take itself seriously? No, but that's what I like about it. It's got a level of charm to it that, if you let yourself like it, I think a lot of people wouldn't hate it so much. But, it's not like the other games and it's silly, so it's automatically dismissed. That's how it will always be though, no one is ever truly happy. It will always either be too similar to previous games, or too different from previous games.

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200
Balananca
Greetings.

I feel like playing some PS2 era games and I'd like to hear what were your favorite PS2 games?

I really liked MGS 2 and 3, Jak & Daxter trilogy, FF X and Devil May Cry and I still have those games so there's no need to mention those. I want to play something I haven't played before.

What do you suggest?

JRPGs

Rogue Galaxy
Shadow Hearts Trilogy
Xenosaga Trilogy
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
Romancing Saga: Minstrel Song
Suikoden V

Others
Zone of the Enders (Well, available on the PS3 and 360)

Etcccc
Monstrocker

Shadow Hearts Trilogy

Omfg how did I forget about Shadow Hearts crying This comment is very important, OP.
Champions of Norrath is another good one. I'm afraid I might be coming back to this thread as I remember good games. sweatdrop
Definitely Shadow of the Colossus.
Also Fatal Frame and Resident Evil 4. Dragon Quest VIII is fun too.
Persephone Vaeros
skyryo

I heard they might be remaking 12 as an HD Remaster like they did X&X-2. I would honestly cry if they did. I haven't played very much of XII, but I liked it a lot and how it went off of the Ivalice setting, like Tactics did.
Yeah, I know. I actually like X-2 and its break from being a very serious, somber game. Is it silly? Yeah. Does it take itself seriously? No, but that's what I like about it. It's got a level of charm to it that, if you let yourself like it, I think a lot of people wouldn't hate it so much. But, it's not like the other games and it's silly, so it's automatically dismissed. That's how it will always be though, no one is ever truly happy. It will always either be too similar to previous games, or too different from previous games.

I liked x -2 being able to use different dress spheres to become a different class. Although I remember having all 3 dark knights use darkness on the enemies to be an easy win for battles.
Disgaea 1 and 2, La pucelle: tactics, Ratchet and Clank trilogy as well as deadlocked, project snowbling (an underrated fps) breath of fire IV, devil may cry 1 and 3. (yes, those two) the onimusha collection (though only 2 and 3 is good.) Onimusha, dawn of dreams, Mega man X8 or anniversary collection, Primal, Beyond good and evil, Tekken 5 (4 was lacking), Bujingai, Tenchu: Wrath of heaven, Shadow tower, Shinobi, and all three GTA games. Drakengard, Silent hill 2-4, Fatal Frame, Killer 7,

Just to name a few. biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces