Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Friend Goop
I'm tempted to buy the New 3DS XL since it's out in my country (SUCK IT AMERICA) but I still have a functioning vanilla 3DS. Problem is that it has a crack near one of the outside cameras, so I doubt I could sell it. It's purely cosmetic, however.

So what I'm planning to do is give it to my 22 year old sister. We used to both play video games and I want to get her back into it.

I'm tempted to buy her Animal Crossing: New Leaf since I know that's a good casual game, but it's also a time waster, and she isn't fond of time wasters. I'm definitely buying her Mario Kart DS since mum and I both have it and we can all verse each other, and she likes the Mario Kart series. She doesn't like games with violence.

Basically... She's a filthy casual. What I'm after for her are games that don't require too much time or effort for the 3DS or normal DS and don't have violence. Keep in mind I live in the PAL region so I'm stuck with whatever I can get in this region.

Also she does not like Pokemon. At all.

Exactly how intolerant is she of violence? Because I'm generally of the opinion that Kirby is NEVER a wrong answer, even if it's not always the best answer. Triple Deluxe is the most recent, and has been out for about six months even in PAL-land. But if even Kirby is too "violent" for her, then stick to Mario Kart and abandon further searching.

(OTOH, you might consider Professor Layton or Phoenix Wright, though they're not what I'd call "filthy casual" games.)

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Diabolical Indulgence
You've got the Professor Layton games.

I've actually gotten my mum one of them for Christmas, since she likes mysteries. Not sure if my sister would like them...

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Dante Rebellion Sparda
She's 22 and doesn't like anything violent?

Dunno. Nintendogs?

Yeah I know... She used to be able to stand SSB but now it makes her feel sick. Hell, she even unlocked Ness on the original one.

Ah I'd forgotten about Nintendogs! She'd probably say something like, "I could get a real dog/cat" but idgaf. They don't s**t everywhere and aren't pains in the arse.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Hidden Gnomes
there's another 3ds out? how am i supposed to keep track of all this? honestly

You can't unless you sacrifice your soul to Nintendo.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Sex Robots
Is Zelda too violent?

...Maybe?? She's very anti-violence. I'm not sure how she feels about them.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
SuperShipWaifus
My Friend Goop

holy ******** she is casual
but she also sounds like a pure and innocent maiden

Anyways, you might want to check out Style Savvy: Trendsetters. For a "girls" game, it's honestly well done and I was pretty surprised at it. It's a fashion game, but pretty addicting thanks to the actual effort that was put into this game.

The Professor Layton series might be up her alley, the gameplay is entirely based on solving puzzles and is styled like a point and click adventure game. There's hardly any violence, except for a few times but it's only in cutscenes. Here's an example, and if something like this would disturb your sister, well then, yeah.
+++

The only other things I can think of would be Super Monkey Ball and any of the Harvest Moon games, but she might consider the last one a time waster.

I think you'd have more luck with eshop titles such as Weapon Shop De Omasse, Art Academy, and possibly Mighty Switchforce?

Inorite?
You stay away from my sister!!! emotion_donotwant

Okay, thanks!!

Ah she's good at puzzle solving, and likes those kinds of games. Someone else suggested it to me as well. Problem is, I've already gotten one of them for my mum for Christmas... I know there's one for the 3DS so I'll see if it's not too expensive.

I've never seen a Super Monkey Ball game in person down here...
Yeah, I think she'd consider HM a time waster.

Cheers!

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Snort Like A Pig
what does she think of super smash? or maybe even bravely default o: ?

She can't stand SSB any more... :C

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Pessimist
How about the Harvest Moon games? They're similar to Animal Crossing, though with more farming.

I think she'd consider them time wasters. She isn't really into farming type games.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Dead Channel
Mario Kart involves violence.
If she doesn't like time wasters, she shouldn't enjoy playing games in general.

It isn't continually beating/shooting the crap out of people, though.

The thing is that she used to. When we were younger, she was actually pretty good at video games.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Undeathly
Everything but Monster Hunter.

That's a lie and you know it.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Bluecandescent
Literally every game is either

1. a time waster
or
2. violent
(or both)

If you aren't fighting, then you're wasting time in a life sim or an art game or a puzzle game. Not saying that time wasters are bad games, nothing wrong with being casual. But her options are extremely limited.

Does she even want your 3DS?

There are bound to be some that are neither out there, hence why I asked this forum.

By "time waster", I mean games that you can easily spend 12 hours a day playing. She is a ~responsible adult~ now, and she doesn't like how long I spend playing video games.

Dunno. I don't want to say to her, "I'm giving you my 3DS" when I'm merely tempted to buy the new one, and then decide against getting the new one, thus dashing her hopes.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Sandokiri
My Friend Goop
I'm tempted to buy the New 3DS XL since it's out in my country (SUCK IT AMERICA) but I still have a functioning vanilla 3DS. Problem is that it has a crack near one of the outside cameras, so I doubt I could sell it. It's purely cosmetic, however.

So what I'm planning to do is give it to my 22 year old sister. We used to both play video games and I want to get her back into it.

I'm tempted to buy her Animal Crossing: New Leaf since I know that's a good casual game, but it's also a time waster, and she isn't fond of time wasters. I'm definitely buying her Mario Kart DS since mum and I both have it and we can all verse each other, and she likes the Mario Kart series. She doesn't like games with violence.

Basically... She's a filthy casual. What I'm after for her are games that don't require too much time or effort for the 3DS or normal DS and don't have violence. Keep in mind I live in the PAL region so I'm stuck with whatever I can get in this region.

Also she does not like Pokemon. At all.

Exactly how intolerant is she of violence? Because I'm generally of the opinion that Kirby is NEVER a wrong answer, even if it's not always the best answer. Triple Deluxe is the most recent, and has been out for about six months even in PAL-land. But if even Kirby is too "violent" for her, then stick to Mario Kart and abandon further searching.

(OTOH, you might consider Professor Layton or Phoenix Wright, though they're not what I'd call "filthy casual" games.)

Very intolerant. She can't even stand SSB any more and that violence is very cartoonish. She does like Kirby since she used to use him a lot in the original N64 version of SSB.

She used to watch me play the WiiWare versions of Pheonix Wright games, and she did like them. But finding them physical copies of them is such a pain and she wouldn't like the newest one. I know bc I've finished it.
My Friend Goop

You're right... Monster Hunter is probably too casual for her.

Deathly Spark

12,875 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
Undeathly
My Friend Goop

You're right... Monster Hunter is probably too casual for her.

Damn straight.
My Friend Goop

Very intolerant. She can't even stand SSB any more and that violence is very cartoonish. She does like Kirby since she used to use him a lot in the original N64 version of SSB.

She used to watch me play the WiiWare versions of Pheonix Wright games, and she did like them. But finding them physical copies of them is such a pain and she wouldn't like the newest one. I know bc I've finished it.

Yeah, then get Kirby Triple Deluxe. Maybe take her to your local games store and let 'er see if there's anything that might strike her fancy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff