One of each 0.11188811188811 11.2% [ 16 ]
Don't know yet 0.14685314685315 14.7% [ 21 ]
Where did the Beasts go? 0.14685314685315 14.7% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 143 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28 29 > >>

Mega Elder

Its, free. To download and play online.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

But weren't you just talking about having to buy items and stuff for your character?

Mega Elder

Yeah, it will be like Gaia in that aspect.

To buy different in game items and character slots you'll have to pay doullars. And that's how they'll make their money.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

... That's even worse, lmfao.
I don't see how it is, considering how you don't have to pay if you don't want to.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Rath-Kun
Its, free. To download and play online.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

The Real Ryu Mamoru
I don't see how it is, considering how you don't have to pay if you don't want to.
Because most games like that are designed to work hard and earn what you equip, wear, etc.
Free to play, for all of us who are unemployed and have lots of time on our hands. sweatdrop
Nurses
The Real Ryu Mamoru
Because most games like that are designed to work hard and earn what you equip, wear, etc.

Which is pretty much the same as every other game ever?

Fashionable Bloodsucker

idk I'm just jaded because I found the repetitive-ness of the games unappealing. The fact that it's free is just telling me it's going to be the same game only now instead you are probably gonna have to shell out money to look cool.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

The Real Ryu Mamoru
Nurses
The Real Ryu Mamoru

Kind of like how this game is going to be the same Phantasy Star game you've played over and over again and still continue playing?

Proxy Explorer

6,050 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
SEGA said that they'll make sure that the cash items won't make a great difference for players who don't buy anything with real cash there. I can't confirm if their statement shall be true or not, but that's what they promised.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Nurses
The Real Ryu Mamoru
Nurses
The Real Ryu Mamoru

Kind of like how this game is going to be the same Phantasy Star game you've played over and over again and still continue playing?

She can't read my posts, but can someone quote me please so she can see what I have to say.

You mean like Halo? Gears of War 3? Call of Duty? Mass Effect? Pokemon? Street Fighter? Mortal Kombat? Resident Evil? Grand Theft Auto II and up?

It's always going to be the same game, but with something added on. I know you've paid @least $30-60 for those games.

Phantasy Star was a series that started out unique. A first person RPG on the SEGA Master System, where everything was pseudo 3D. It went from that to an over the top RPG like Dragon Quest for 3 games and then finally Phantasy Star Online broke the mold.

A fully 3D action RPG. It gave us a limited story, much like Borderlands did, and from there we made OUR OWN adventures with our characters. It also gave us the MAG system, which was similar to the Chao system but rewarded us with bonuses. That was the beauty of it, through all 4 levels we fought monsters, former allies, and made virtual and real friends online. We saved the world and when we were done, we were rewarded with an Ultimate Mode.

Phantasy Star Ep. II on Xbox and GC continued our story. We met more characters, newer enemies, and fought in the darkest depths of the ocean to save a dead man's soul from damnation. That was OUR story.

Then we got Phantasy Star Universe which took the PSO gameplay and expanded it with new characters, weapons, and attack system. The problem was that it didn't feel like our story, it was Ethan's story. Never really ours, even online didn't feel the same. It was fun in how expansive the worlds were, but didn't feel the same.

Phantasy Star 0 found the balance. With a gameplay that was similar Phantasy Star Online with a few tricks from PSU, plus a guided story it felt good.

With Phantasy Star Online 2 feeling like a mixture of PSO in terms of setting and us creating out own story mixed with PS0 gameplay, with a much better character customization system? It's like a dream come true and I've yet to hit that part where it's free to download and play.

What SEGA has created is no different than what Bungie has done with Halo, unless you like small add ons like jacking vehicles and customization? Because Bungie never do anything vastly different and yet you still pay $60 for their stuff.

Fashionable Bloodsucker

Mystelteinn
SEGA said that they'll make sure that the cash items won't make a great difference for players who don't buy anything with real cash there. I can't confirm if their statement shall be true or not, but that's what they promised.
Oh, good. :3 Well then, this game is shaping up to look better and better...

Mega Elder

Well I mean y'pay money on Gaia to look cool. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas