Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
I'm just curious on what the gaming community things of them. Are people actually interested in the games or is it more toward the individual person's commentary?

I mean I'm just curious because I don't really hear much about people's opinions on Let's Playing in general.

Do you like or hate it? What games are really interesting to see someone else play and what's not? And for those of you who do watch Let's Plays... who's your favorite Let's Player(s)?
I think Helloween4545 is a pretty cool guy. Eh plays horror games and doesn't afraid of anything.

2,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Jozza
I think Helloween4545 is a pretty cool guy. Eh plays horror games and doesn't afraid of anything.

"He doesn't afraid of anything."? What the...?

Well, that aside, I do not watch them. I simply do not care and would much rather play the game myself as opposed to watching someone else play it.
Caine8949
Jozza

Well, that aside, I do not watch them. I simply do not care and would much rather play the game myself as opposed to watching someone else play it.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pretty-cool-guy

NSFW? DON'T TRUST IT AND LEAVE! YOU HAVE THE WARNING ON THE PAGE, SHOULDN'T NEED ME TO TELL YOU!

6,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
Caine8949
Jozza

Yeah I know what you mean.. although I was just wondering if people who couldn't get certain games or people who were interested in games but can't buy them watch LPs and such...

Dapper Dabbler

7,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
i really dont understand them.

i understand humorous ones, but the completely serious "im going to record myself doing a run through of this entire game and post all 30 hours on youtube" ones make no sense to me

if i was willing to devote that much time to it
i would play the game

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
I prefer watching live streams myself, but I do like watching Tobuscus streams, he's pretty entertaining.

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
In the case of DeliciousCinnamon, it's both the game and the commentary. xD

Lightbringer

I haven't watched many LPs, but generally I watch ones of games that I've already played. I don't really care to watch someone else play through it in regular fashion, unless it's something like a puzzle game with multiple ways of solving it. Being witty is a must, since it's essentially an animated lecture.
if I want to seriously watch the game for the story, then no I don't want a peep out of the recorder. If they want to make side comments its more appropriate to make it one of those notes, now if I want to watch, for example amnesia and I want a good laugh, I'll sure as heck watch someone scream and make jokes, funny as hell but not when I want to read story on some game I prob will never buy or I just want to see a different ending to a game with multiple endings

^^^^^^^ funny as heck

Distinct Lunatic

4,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
The only reason I would watch a "Let's Play!" is for tips, tricks and hidden stuff to help you along.

Like showing the hidden upgrade capsules in the Megaman X games.

Cultist

Pinkie Pyro
The only reason I would watch a "Let's Play!" is for tips, tricks and hidden stuff to help you along.

Like showing the hidden upgrade capsules in the Megaman X games.

This. Or to watch the walk through if I'm stuck at some point. I don't need your jokes or funny observations at every other second. I'd prefer you leave it to a comment or two once in a while, where you explain some error/bug you may encounter at a specific part, or a secret, or something useful. When I'm browsing for something to watch, as soon as I hear any commentary, I go back and search for a different video instead.

Lonely Smoker

I love watching LP's! But I don't like watching commentators play console games unless they're old ones from the PS1 era and down.
Eye only read the text versions at the archive. Eye tried watching a video of one, but the human voice just got in the way of the game itself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff