Welcome to Gaia! ::

Re:Favorite ME quote 3!

Hello, dead people! 0.091164095371669 9.1% [ 65 ]
Oh crap, a pop-up. 0.082748948106592 8.3% [ 59 ]
I may be drunk, krogan, but you're ugly. And tomorrow I'll be sober. 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 115 ]
You! I said a bad-a** not some scout whining like a quarian with a tummy-ache. 0.065918653576438 6.6% [ 47 ]
Huh. Nobody died." "I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better." "Nah, I'm good. " 0.20336605890603 20.3% [ 145 ]
"Wait, you're stopping me but not them? You son of a b***h!" "You don't have a grenade launcher, lady. Get lost." 0.13744740532959 13.7% [ 98 ]
I have ruled out the possibility of an artificially intelligent virus, unless it's *very* intelligent... and toying with me. 0.25806451612903 25.8% [ 184 ]
Total Votes:[ 713 ]

Professional Nerd

It would have had to have happened after I died.

Glad to know it wasn't just me though. I've never had a game glitch out on me that bad before and that coupled with the 360 freezing afterwards... yeah kinda put me off ME3 for a while. XD;

I may not end up doing Olympus, all I feel like playing today is Borderlands and I won't be home tomorrow. :c
I don't know if it's just me(or crappy computer)but everything's been really slow on MP for me lately.

I'm thinking it's probably because of heavy traffic due to Olympus.

Anyone else having this problem?? My stuff isn't usually this slow even on Operation weekends.

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

7,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
So, I was doing some thinking. Remember when a certain someone said "This is not the end of the Mass Effect Universe. It's just the end of Shepard's story." That goes to say that there might be another Mass Effect game in the make. Now, the Reapers are dead, the main antagonists are gone. What could possibly present a challenge for the likes of the N7 forces and the Citadel?

Then it hit me.

The Yahg.

(Codex Entry for The Yagh)
The yahg are a sentient race of towering humanoids native to the world of Parnack, known for their violent and aggressive nature. Consummate predators, the yahg possess unrivaled perceptiveness and mental adaptability. Discovered by the Citadel Council in 2125 CE, the yahg were unceremoniously barred from interaction with Citadel space after massacring the Council's delegation.

This is what I could see happening. The Yahg, aware of the weakened state that the Citadel and the Alliance are in after having the reapers hit them, could possibly amass an axis of evil consisting of races that have lost their homeworlds, the Batarians and the Raloi, as well as numerous other races could all attack either the Citadel itself, or Council race colonies, in an attempt to destroy and replace the Counsel.

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Nero-Sama
So, I was doing some thinking. Remember when a certain someone said "This is not the end of the Mass Effect Universe. It's just the end of Shepard's story." That goes to say that there might be another Mass Effect game in the make. Now, the Reapers are dead, the main antagonists are gone. What could possibly present a challenge for the likes of the N7 forces and the Citadel?

Then it hit me.

The Yahg.

The yahg are a sentient race of towering humanoids native to the world of Parnack, known for their violent and aggressive nature. Consummate predators, the yahg possess unrivaled perceptiveness and mental adaptability. Discovered by the Citadel Council in 2125 CE, the yahg were unceremoniously barred from interaction with Citadel space after massacring the Council's delegation.

This is what I could see happening. The Yahg, aware of the weakened state that the Citadel and the Alliance are in after having the reapers hit them, could possibly amass an axis of evil consisting of races that have lost their homeworlds, the Batarians and the Raloi, as well as numerous other races could all attack either the Citadel itself, or Council race colonies, in an attempt to destroy and replace the Counsel.
As smart as the Yahg are, they're only as advanced technologically as about 1960's america. I remember some little tidbit saying they were close to launching their first rocket into space. They dont have any real way to contact anyone else, since the council forbids other species from approaching their planet.

Clean Sex Symbol

-Radiant-Abyss-
Nero-Sama

Then it hit me.

The Yahg.

As smart as the Yahg are, they're only as advanced technologically as about 1960's america. I remember some little tidbit saying they were close to launching their first rocket into space. They dont have any real way to contact anyone else, since the council forbids other species from approaching their planet.

Escaped uplifted yahg from Sur'Kesh could have stolen spaceships and technology to jump them forward

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Poppycawk
-Radiant-Abyss-
Nero-Sama

Then it hit me.

The Yahg.

Escaped uplifted yahg from Sur'Kesh could have stolen spaceships and technology to jump them forward
could have, sure, but then again look at the shadow broker. With all his resources, he never seemed to care enough to help out his race. Plus, a single yagh on a spaceship reaching his home planet during the reaper invasion seems unlikely. Intellegent or not, that one yahg was a test subject, and revenge would most likely be on his minf over the advancement of his race.

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Consumer 100
Also wouldn't it be hard to do sequels with the whole terrible endings making the universe really strange. I mean maybe you could use the destroy ending but that would mean no Geth and who wants that? Control makes the looming eye of god Shepard take every thing to a insecnificant level. While Synthises is well just stupid from start to finish so who would want to play in that enviroment? It is most likely they are just going to make spin offs and sides stories if they do make a new Mass Effect. That or someone is smart enough to create a better ending and base a sequel off that.

Honestly though I'm just rambling on with my thoughts and it is more likely Bioware will move to another project or franchise for awhile unless the EA overlords force more Mass Effect.

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Welp, I managed to make the guy who made the Homeworlds comics mad.

He uploaded some of the early pages (see the page in question here), and I noticed that one was showing a lead-in to a scene from ME2. I noticed a continuity error and pointed it out, and the guy said that he didn't like it, and that it doesn't matter because it's a comic and not the game. He promptly blocked me from commenting on his work further.

Nice to see that not only does BioWare hire such nice people, but those that care about their work's continuity so much.

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
soren_alenko

He uploaded some of the early pages (see the page in question here), and I noticed that one was showing a lead-in to a scene from ME2. I noticed a continuity error and pointed it out, and the guy said that he didn't like it, and that it doesn't matter because it's a comic and not the game. He promptly blocked me from commenting on his work further.

Nice to see that not only does BioWare hire such nice people, but those that care about their work's continuity so much.
Did you screencap it? D: hope you did

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
-Radiant-Abyss-
soren_alenko

Did you screencap it? D: hope you did

The comments should still be there (my username on deviant art is soren7550, so look for comments on said pic from that username and the uploader's).

EDIT: Never mind, did a screencap.
User Image

The helmet in question, which he wears up until Shepard talks to him during his recruitment mission:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
soren_alenko
Well the guy is a dumb >.> Without the helmut, it'd be easy for "anyone" to tell its Garrus. Who cares if its "boring as s**t." At that moment in time, youre not supposed to know its Garrus >.>

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
-Radiant-Abyss-
soren_alenko
Well the guy is a dumb >.> Without the helmut, it'd be easy for "anyone" to tell its Garrus. Who cares if its "boring as s**t." At that moment in time, youre not supposed to know its Garrus >.>

You tell him that. I can't comment on his works anymore, so I have to leave that to you guys. (I was going to reply something similar to that to him, but he replied and blocked [which I hate with a passion])

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
soren_alenko
-Radiant-Abyss-
soren_alenko

You tell him that. I can't comment on his works anymore, so I have to leave that to you guys. (I was going to reply something similar to that to him, but he replied and blocked [which I hate with a passion])
It obviously wouldnt matter to some uppity idiot like that. Im sure that as far as he sees it, this is his work and is getting paid to put out HIS work, instead of the actuality of it being a story he is only illustrating.

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
-Radiant-Abyss-
soren_alenko
-Radiant-Abyss-
soren_alenko

It obviously wouldnt matter to some uppity idiot like that. Im sure that as far as he sees it, this is his work and is getting paid to put out HIS work, instead of the actuality of it being a story he is only illustrating.

Still, there's that part of me that wants to go all "NERD HORDE RAGE!" on his a**.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff