Welcome to Gaia! ::

Re:Favorite ME quote 3!

Hello, dead people! 0.07823613086771 7.8% [ 55 ]
Oh crap, a pop-up. 0.083926031294452 8.4% [ 59 ]
I may be drunk, krogan, but you're ugly. And tomorrow I'll be sober. 0.16358463726885 16.4% [ 115 ]
You! I said a bad-a** not some scout whining like a quarian with a tummy-ache. 0.066856330014225 6.7% [ 47 ]
Huh. Nobody died." "I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better." "Nah, I'm good. " 0.20625889046942 20.6% [ 145 ]
"Wait, you're stopping me but not them? You son of a b***h!" "You don't have a grenade launcher, lady. Get lost." 0.13940256045519 13.9% [ 98 ]
I have ruled out the possibility of an artificially intelligent virus, unless it's *very* intelligent... and toying with me. 0.26173541963016 26.2% [ 184 ]
Total Votes:[ 703 ]

Profitable Raider

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I really should play this more instead of cod :/ Then I'll stop spending real monies on the packs D: .

And the Devastator/Slayer classes sound oh so fun x3...Definitely that Slayer one.

Dapper Nerd

4,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Brasten
Reinforcement Pack Changes

Basically if you've maxed out a Gold character cards appearances it will no longer drop a fairly useless duplicate. Now it will drop a level 4 consumable equipment. What I've noticed is that the net effect has been to speed up getting appearance unlocks for classes I haven't maxed yet. Then again I've gotten all the released class to date so I'm down to unlocks.

Ahh, okay! Sounds cool!

Dude I wasn't too hyped for more human classes but they sound pretty awesome. o_o

Profitable Raider

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Single Player DLC Rumor

Yay, i love the stumble button. Havent done any research into this, but the idea could be interesting.

Aged Informer

-Radiant-Abyss-
Single Player DLC Rumor

Yay, i love the stumble button. Havent done any research into this, but the idea could be interesting.

I think this got posted a few pages back. Could have been on BSN. My take remains the same that this makes the scene with the Star Child even less logical. From all the "leaks" it just feels like Hudson is digging himself deeper into a hole he shouldn't have even started.

If they really wanted to put out an SP DLC that was actually worth the money to buy it, a full blow go a really meaningful ending that actually takes into account the range of choices made from ME1 to ME3 is where they need to spend their energy.

Call me hung-up if you wish, but without an option to truely spit in Harbinger's and pull it off– kinda makes going after DLC like Leviathan seem pointless. At the end of the game you'll be back at the same three non-choices. Now if Leviathan adds such a option I may consider it.

Personally I'd like to see a Crucible DLC that lets you change the "equation" of the final encounter. Preferably in ways that Hudson doesn't force feed to me.

Proxy Raider

12,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Champion 300
They got a new good-looking Sci-Fi background with the new RIG. Finally the perfect entourage for my geth.
Brasten
-Radiant-Abyss-
Single Player DLC Rumor

I think this got posted a few pages back. Could have been on BSN. My take remains the same that this makes the scene with the Star Child even less logical. From all the "leaks" it just feels like Hudson is digging himself deeper into a hole he shouldn't have even started.

If they really wanted to put out an SP DLC that was actually worth the money to buy it, a full blow go a really meaningful ending that actually takes into account the range of choices made from ME1 to ME3 is where they need to spend their energy.

Call me hung-up if you wish, but without an option to truely spit in Harbinger's and pull it off– kinda makes going after DLC like Leviathan seem pointless. At the end of the game you'll be back at the same three non-choices. Now if Leviathan adds such a option I may consider it.

Personally I'd like to see a Crucible DLC that lets you change the "equation" of the final encounter. Preferably in ways that Hudson doesn't force feed to me.

Additionally, wouldn't recruiting or enlisting the aid of a Reaper be counter-intuitive to the ending? I mean, given the three choices at the end, Leviathan will either be controlled by Shep, rewritten via synthesis, or destroyed utterly.

Beyond that, having a Reaper consciously support the organics of this cycle would boost their technology, their understanding of Reaper defenses, and their own offensive endeavors exponentially, making most (if not all) of the adventure virtually useless. Heck, it could probably even go so far as to spoil the Star Child twist, thus giving Shepard insight to just tell the little p***k (a.k.a. Harbinger) to go jog on.

Of course, Casey couldn't possibly be so clever. No, he has to protect his artistic perspective and troll the fan base that can produce a better plot and ending than he can. Frickin' A!

11,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Champion 300
Kentasko
Brasten
-Radiant-Abyss-
Single Player DLC Rumor

Additionally, wouldn't recruiting or enlisting the aid of a Reaper be counter-intuitive to the ending? I mean, given the three choices at the end, Leviathan will either be controlled by Shep, rewritten via synthesis, or destroyed utterly.

Beyond that, having a Reaper consciously support the organics of this cycle would boost their technology, their understanding of Reaper defenses, and their own offensive endeavors exponentially, making most (if not all) of the adventure virtually useless. Heck, it could probably even go so far as to spoil the Star Child twist, thus giving Shepard insight to just tell the little p***k (a.k.a. Harbinger) to go jog on.

Of course, Casey couldn't possibly be so clever. No, he has to protect his artistic perspective and troll the fan base that can produce a better plot and ending than he can. Frickin' A!

Bleh, to be completely honest I reckon that if the info on this DLC is true, then Leviathan in a stunningly original plot twist is still actually working with the Reapers and was just jerking you around for shits and giggles. Or it sacrifices itself to save Shepard and co.

neutral

Aged Informer

Vahlok

Bleh, to be completely honest I reckon that if the info on this DLC is true, then Leviathan in a stunningly original plot twist is still actually working with the Reapers and was just jerking you around for shits and giggles. Or it sacrifices itself to save Shepard and co.

neutral

Unfortunately I remember people digging around in the PC files on BSN and finding bits of bits of data showing Leviathan can end up as a war asset. So no, there is unlikely to be some "brilliant" twist. Essentially it's just Hudson trying to push people toward the Synthesis ending where everyone, organic or synthetic, is given full "free" will.

11,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Champion 300
Brasten
Vahlok

neutral

Unfortunately I remember people digging around in the PC files on BSN and finding bits of bits of data showing Leviathan can end up as a war asset. So no, there is unlikely to be some "brilliant" twist. Essentially it's just Hudson trying to push people toward the Synthesis ending where everyone, organic or synthetic, is given full "free" will.

Hmm, intriguing. So it can ally with us after all...see I do like the idea of a Reaper ally, it may seem stupid to some, but it shows that not all Reapers want in on the big Reaper plan and I kinda like that, they're not all borg-like or cyberman-like.

Also, ******** the Synthesis ending, I just find it to very wrong, forcing that upon the entire galaxy and I hate how the devs are trying to push it as the "best" ending players can choose. At least that's what it feels like anyway.
Vahlok
Brasten
Vahlok

neutral

Hmm, intriguing. So it can ally with us after all...see I do like the idea of a Reaper ally, it may seem stupid to some, but it shows that not all Reapers want in on the big Reaper plan and I kinda like that, they're not all borg-like or cyberman-like.

Also, ******** the Synthesis ending, I just find it to very wrong, forcing that upon the entire galaxy and I hate how the devs are trying to push it as the "best" ending players can choose. At least that's what it feels like anyway.

In other words, Leviathan is the same sort of defecting entity as, say, the Elites (or Sangheili) in Halo 2 under the Arbiter's charge, or the Lambent Locust in Gears of War?

I find it hard to believe that of the thousands upon thousands of Reaper constructs that there are, they would allow any sort of dissension among their ranks, let alone let any survive that would be so bold as to support organics. Also note that this Leviathan is also the same being that the Batarians took back to their hegemony, and what also allowed the Reapers to initially obliterate their navy and military at the start of the game, which is supported by numerous accounts including Balak's, who is a DLC antagonist from the first ME.

Sounds like a load of bollocks to me, whatever it turns out to be.

Barton Lover

20,250 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
New mods to be released along with Earth multiplayer DLC:
http://minus.com/m9oODlCCo/4g

Aged Informer

Basically expanding the mods out to the other classes of weapons. In think the SMGs ae getting an AP mod and the ARs are getting a Melee add-on.

What I really want are extra clips mod for all the guns. The ARs could really use some extra thermal clip charges pool, not just more in the clip.
-Radiant-Abyss-
Single Player DLC Rumor

Eeee! I'm actually excited about this!

Never thought the EC could pacify the unrest of my soul enough to enjoy anything else about this game... but it has. I am so simple. sad

Barton Lover

20,250 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Ok, so from what I've played so far, the new maps are good and fun, the Phantom (can't remember what she's really called) is fun to play as (takes a little getting used too), some of the new mods won't let you use other mods, the new shotty is pretty good, the pistol is good according to the boyfriend, and bla bla bla, LOOKIT WHO I MET!:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mr. Gavin Dunne, aka Miracle of Sound, aka that guy who made those Mass Effect songs among others!

Dapper Nerd

4,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
    Aw, that's awesome Soren! I don't think he has any songs I don't love, honestly. Even the ones for games I haven't played.
They just make me want to play those games.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff