Welcome to Gaia! ::

Re:Favorite ME quote 3!

Hello, dead people! 0.091164095371669 9.1% [ 65 ]
Oh crap, a pop-up. 0.082748948106592 8.3% [ 59 ]
I may be drunk, krogan, but you're ugly. And tomorrow I'll be sober. 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 115 ]
You! I said a bad-a** not some scout whining like a quarian with a tummy-ache. 0.065918653576438 6.6% [ 47 ]
Huh. Nobody died." "I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better." "Nah, I'm good. " 0.20336605890603 20.3% [ 145 ]
"Wait, you're stopping me but not them? You son of a b***h!" "You don't have a grenade launcher, lady. Get lost." 0.13744740532959 13.7% [ 98 ]
I have ruled out the possibility of an artificially intelligent virus, unless it's *very* intelligent... and toying with me. 0.25806451612903 25.8% [ 184 ]
Total Votes:[ 713 ]

Golden Warrior

20,325 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I kind of satisfied with the Extented Cut DLC.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Leirus Non-Mercy
I kind of satisfied with the Extented Cut DLC.

I think if we got that ending instead, this EC then everything would've been fine.

Sure the plotholes of why all synthetics have to be destroyed the Destroy ending would never be answered or why Harbinger chose the form of the Star Child to speak with Shepard as in the Refusal ending.

But all we'd get are the complaints that our choices throughout 3 games didn't matter much in the end. All the Mass Relays exploding and then being perfectly fine in the next shot would've blown my head up again.

Most people aren't satisfied with it because the EC was just the same slide show pics.
I really want to thank Bioware. I felt desperately heartbroken and empty, as dramatic as that sounds, when I first encountered the ending. I actually made a new game and played with a different mindset. I wasn't despondent. I actually -enjoyed- the journey far more and will even make another ME1 character to start all over again, thanks to this DLC. It didn't answer everything but gave me what mattered most so I'm happy to say that yes, I do like the extended cut.

I think what made the original ending so horrific was that it killed replayability, which is a huge part of the Mass Effect series. Why would we want to go through so much, make and build upon all these choices, forge so many bonds when it all died off to something we felt we had no say in? Who the hell wanted to go through all of that all over, knowing how it ended?

I have so many feels right now I don't know where to put them. This was more than what I hoped for. Thank you, thank you, Bioware.

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
So I stumbled upon this today...I dont think it will be too long before these become a reality.
Mass Effect character skin hoodies.

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
-Radiant-Abyss-
So I stumbled upon this today...I dont think it will be too long before these become a reality.
Mass Effect character skin hoodies.

This is kind of old news. BioWare has said that they'd try to make a few, and if those do well, they'll make others.

However, BioWare giving away the new EC music is new news.
Am I the only one that didn't think ME3 didn't have an ending that was too bad?

It makes sense depending on how you look at it.
KingDeimon

And such a perspective is universal?

That's like saying a turd in a toilet looks similar to a salamander if you crane your neck one hundred degrees to the left. It doesn't take the fact that it's still a piece of s***.

If that was too crude for you, look at basic two-dimensional art of history. Some people will look at a work of Van Gogh and call it beautiful; some will see what they want to within the contours of each brush stroke, others still will point and say, "That there's purty, but I dunno what it is,", and more still will feel the piece within themselves more than see it with their eyes.

So sure, I guess it could be seen as great from where you stand. Might wanna clean your shoes before you walk on the carpet, though.

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

Professional Nerd

I still haven't gotten any of the stuff from the last DLC. I haven't been able to play ME3 much. :C

Aged Informer

Zombie Ryu
    I still haven't gotten any of the stuff from the last DLC. I haven't been able to play ME3 much. :C

With the change in the Gold Character cards it should get easier now. If your on PC or even not you may want to consider joining Legion Effect. Their still fairly active and if your on PC it's not hard to pick up a good Gold game off thier IRC.

That said... This is what I wanted out of the ending. At least the one where you refuse and stick it to Harbinger. If someone has played through and damn near 100% all three games I think more then a little super-awesomeness was due.

http://threepanelsoul.com/2012/07/04/on-hard-light-ocular-constructs/

Makes me want to rip out the assets from my PC copy and build this ending in SourceFilm.
â™  Anyone a fan of Community?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pure gold mash up.
I love how my favorite characters in Community play my favorites in ME (Troy = Garrus, Abed = Mordin).

Professional Nerd

Brasten
With the change in the Gold Character cards it should get easier now. If your on PC or even not you may want to consider joining Legion Effect. Their still fairly active and if your on PC it's not hard to pick up a good Gold game off thier IRC.

That said... This is what I wanted out of the ending. At least the one where you refuse and stick it to Harbinger. If someone has played through and damn near 100% all three games I think more then a little super-awesomeness was due.

http://threepanelsoul.com/2012/07/04/on-hard-light-ocular-constructs/

Makes me want to rip out the assets from my PC copy and build this ending in SourceFilm.

What's the change?

Nope, not on PC, 360. :c

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100

Dapper Genius

5,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
KingDeimon
Am I the only one that didn't think ME3 didn't have an ending that was too bad?

I thought the ending was fine as it was and if people weren't at the very least satisfied with EC, I don't think anything would satisfy them.

Aged Informer

Zombie Ryu

What's the change?

Nope, not on PC, 360. :c

Reinforcement Pack Changes

Basically if you've maxed out a Gold character cards appearances it will no longer drop a fairly useless duplicate. Now it will drop a level 4 consumable equipment. What I've noticed is that the net effect has been to speed up getting appearance unlocks for classes I haven't maxed yet. Then again I've gotten all the released class to date so I'm down to unlocks.

=====

Who wants to bet the new N7 classes are Ultra Rare Classes razz .

I want to see what the Pylon and Devastator Modes are about. Outside of the Korgan Battlemaster and a smartly played Vorcha there are not to many classes I'd define as "Tanky" in the "stand there and take all the bullets" sense. Human Vanguard is a bit iffy if your not host.

If there aren't any major bugs in this release and (cross fingers) they can slip a fix for ULM I'll give Bioware (at least the MP team) back some credibility. Aside from odd weapon over power issues in the last one nothing truely game breaking has been found yet. Still think Casey Hudson can go suck a lemon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff