Welcome to Gaia! ::

Re:Favorite ME quote 3!

Hello, dead people! 0.091164095371669 9.1% [ 65 ]
Oh crap, a pop-up. 0.082748948106592 8.3% [ 59 ]
I may be drunk, krogan, but you're ugly. And tomorrow I'll be sober. 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 115 ]
You! I said a bad-a** not some scout whining like a quarian with a tummy-ache. 0.065918653576438 6.6% [ 47 ]
Huh. Nobody died." "I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better." "Nah, I'm good. " 0.20336605890603 20.3% [ 145 ]
"Wait, you're stopping me but not them? You son of a b***h!" "You don't have a grenade launcher, lady. Get lost." 0.13744740532959 13.7% [ 98 ]
I have ruled out the possibility of an artificially intelligent virus, unless it's *very* intelligent... and toying with me. 0.25806451612903 25.8% [ 184 ]
Total Votes:[ 713 ]

Hallowed Hunter

Nero-Sama
Samani
Nero-Sama
Samani
Are we done yet? ._.

Feel free to ignore this, but this is just my two cents. I think multiplayer was meant to be canon, but considering all the choices it's possible to make in the ME universe, there were bound to be flaws. As for the whole Prothean thing, well, if Bioware brings in a whole s**t load of Javiks, then they're just ******** themselves over.

/shrug

It's funny that you say that. I for one am a Paragon to the core. Except when it comes to certain things. Like shooting a certain N7 Impostor in the foot, or punching a disobedient Quarian Admiral in the gut because he should have stuck to the goddamn plan. So, that being said, IF I could afford the multiplayer fees and Gold Membership fees, the Multiplayer Races working together to take out the Heretics, Cerberus and The Reapers makes complete sense.

And about the "Project Phoenix". I have a cool little theory that could possibly make a bit more sense. My friend Pat and I were talking about this, and how it doesn't make sense that Protheans are running around killing Reapers and Cerberus and no one noticed. Basically, Pat put it like this. Say, for example, that Alliance Forces found a Collector vessel and reverse engineered them into pseudo-Protheans. Anyone know what I mean by that?

I'm sorry, you lost me there. Gold membership fees? Am I totally missing out on something?

I suppose that would make sense. Well, as much as any of "Protheans running around trying to re-save the galaxy" would. Ryu's probably right. Bioware's probably just gonna pull something out of their collective a** to be like "Hey guys. This is how it works. End of story."

I use Xbox360. They charge money per month for me to even have access to Multiplayer option in every online game. Most of them straight up require your account to be gold. They've got 3 tiers of online here on 360. Bronze, Silver and Gold. That's what I mean.

What? There aint no bronze! Just Xbox LIVE Free(Silver) and Xbox LIVE Gold.

7,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Dardanos Immortalis
Nero-Sama
Samani
Nero-Sama
Samani
Are we done yet? ._.

Feel free to ignore this, but this is just my two cents. I think multiplayer was meant to be canon, but considering all the choices it's possible to make in the ME universe, there were bound to be flaws. As for the whole Prothean thing, well, if Bioware brings in a whole s**t load of Javiks, then they're just ******** themselves over.

/shrug

It's funny that you say that. I for one am a Paragon to the core. Except when it comes to certain things. Like shooting a certain N7 Impostor in the foot, or punching a disobedient Quarian Admiral in the gut because he should have stuck to the goddamn plan. So, that being said, IF I could afford the multiplayer fees and Gold Membership fees, the Multiplayer Races working together to take out the Heretics, Cerberus and The Reapers makes complete sense.

And about the "Project Phoenix". I have a cool little theory that could possibly make a bit more sense. My friend Pat and I were talking about this, and how it doesn't make sense that Protheans are running around killing Reapers and Cerberus and no one noticed. Basically, Pat put it like this. Say, for example, that Alliance Forces found a Collector vessel and reverse engineered them into pseudo-Protheans. Anyone know what I mean by that?

I'm sorry, you lost me there. Gold membership fees? Am I totally missing out on something?

I suppose that would make sense. Well, as much as any of "Protheans running around trying to re-save the galaxy" would. Ryu's probably right. Bioware's probably just gonna pull something out of their collective a** to be like "Hey guys. This is how it works. End of story."

I use Xbox360. They charge money per month for me to even have access to Multiplayer option in every online game. Most of them straight up require your account to be gold. They've got 3 tiers of online here on 360. Bronze, Silver and Gold. That's what I mean.

What? There aint no bronze! Just Xbox LIVE Free(Silver) and Xbox LIVE Gold.

Huh... I thought there were three tiers... Well, that just goes to show y'all just how little I know about online. Because I'm dirt ********' poor, lol. Man, PS3 Owners have it easy. As to PC Owners. Although I have to say, I'm hella angry at PS3 players. They just HAD to b***h about getting a copy of Mass Effect for their system. Mass Effect was supposed to be Microsoft exclusive.

Hallowed Hunter

Nero-Sama

Huh... I thought there were three tiers... Well, that just goes to show y'all just how little I know about online. Because I'm dirt ********' poor, lol. Man, PS3 Owners have it easy. As to PC Owners.

Would it be a bad idea to tell you I have all three? burning_eyes

Nero-Sama
Although I have to say, I'm hella angry at PS3 players. They just HAD to b***h about getting a copy of Mass Effect for their system. Mass Effect was supposed to be Microsoft exclusive.

Well that's a little mean spirited. Besides I've seen a lot of Xbox player do the exact same with Uncharted and MGS4.

7,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Dardanos Immortalis
Nero-Sama

Huh... I thought there were three tiers... Well, that just goes to show y'all just how little I know about online. Because I'm dirt ********' poor, lol. Man, PS3 Owners have it easy. As to PC Owners.

Nero-Sama
Although I have to say, I'm hella angry at PS3 players. They just HAD to b***h about getting a copy of Mass Effect for their system. Mass Effect was supposed to be Microsoft exclusive.

Well that's a little mean spirited. Besides I've seen a lot of Xbox player do the exact same with Uncharted and MGS4.

Hey, I'm the type of gamer who understands that certain titles are supposed to be ONLY for a certain system. I for one, would LOVE to have a copy of Infamous 1 and 2 for XBOX, but I realize that that is one of Sony's properties. I understand why systems must have mascots and exclusive games. I don't b***h too much if I see a game for PS3, which will never see the inside of an XBOX360. It just makes me wish I had a PS3. That's all.

That being said, I'm tired of players feeling like any awesome game which is supposed to be exclusive to one system or another going and complaining to Company X to release it on System Y. Exclusivity is supposed to happen. I remember when Mass Effect 1 launched, it was pumped as "ONLY FOR XBOX360" and I was happy. Because that meant that I wouldn't have to worry about system fan-boys bitching about which version was better.

Hallowed Hunter

Nero-Sama
Dardanos Immortalis
Nero-Sama

Nero-Sama

Hey, I'm the type of gamer who understands that certain titles are supposed to be ONLY for a certain system. I for one, would LOVE to have a copy of Infamous 1 and 2 for XBOX, but I realize that that is one of Sony's properties. I understand why systems must have mascots and exclusive games. I don't b***h too much if I see a game for PS3, which will never see the inside of an XBOX360. It just makes me wish I had a PS3. That's all.

That being said, I'm tired of players feeling like any awesome game which is supposed to be exclusive to one system or another going and complaining to Company X to release it on System Y. Exclusivity is supposed to happen. I remember when Mass Effect 1 launched, it was pumped as "ONLY FOR XBOX360" and I was happy. Because that meant that I wouldn't have to worry about system fan-boys bitching about which version was better.

They aren't supposed to be exclusive. The companies who actually make would prefer to reach as wide an audience as possible. The only reason there are exclusives is because big companies like Microsoft and Sony buy up the developers so that they can't develop games for the competition. Taking assets away from the competition is as important as gaining the assets for themselves.

System fanboys bitching about which is better? For one thing, PS3 never got ME1.

For another you are bitching about the other system getting your systems precious game. And you complain about fanboys bitching.

7,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Dardanos Immortalis
Dardanos Immortalis
Nero-Sama
Dardanos Immortalis
Nero-Sama

Nero-Sama

They aren't supposed to be exclusive. The companies who actually make would prefer to reach as wide an audience as possible. The only reason there are exclusives is because big companies like Microsoft and Sony buy up the developers so that they can't develop games for the competition. Taking assets away from the competition is as important as gaining the assets for themselves.

System fanboys bitching about which is better? For one thing, PS3 never got ME1.

For another you are bitching about the other system getting your systems precious game. And you complain about fanboys bitching.

It's perfectly reasonable wanting to play a great game without having to fork over an extra couple hundred bucks just to play it.
But objecting to others getting to play a great game just because you want to hoard it to yourself? It's not like its switching exclusivity. You still get to keep it. Everyone wins. to think otherwise is just selfish.

I know that PS3 fans never got ME1. That was never in question, Immortalis.

The point I was making was that Mass Effect as a SERIES was supposed to be for XBOX and PC only.

http://youtu.be/nqBpRJ7qgaM
This trailer is the one I'm talking about.

And yes. I b***h at PS3. Because they feel (for the most part) that it's alright for them to have system exclusive content, however any time another system has something of their own, they want a piece of it. Once again, I cite my adoration of Infamous 1 and 2, along with the fact that I'd love to have other games that I can't quite think of right now.

I also understand that there are Microsoft players who want other system exclusive games. We're probably not going to get them. And I'm fine with this. Because every system needs their own exclusive games. Beside that, there's the fact that I never said that I hated them for this fact. I merely stated that I was angered by the fact that they basically got their way, but far be it for them to make an equal trade. Even if they did, I wouldn't much care.

Who said anything about hoarding? I merely said that there has to be system exclusivity or the business might risk a monopoly forming on the end of the developers. What happened to the days of systems having an abundance of system-specific games. Sega had Golden Axe, and Sonic the Hedgehog. Nintendo had Super Mario, Kirby, and Legend of Zelda. Sony had Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, and Metal Gear Solid (even though yes, the previous games in Metal Gear had been on Nintendo). Microsoft had more shooters and certain RPGs that were only released on their systems. That's what I'm talking about here.

Professional Nerd

I don't really mind people complaining about wishing they had another console's exclusives. I don't blame them. I kinda hate exclusives because it just means I have to buy all the consoles. XD;

Honestly I think console wars are a bit stupid. I got a 360 because it was cheaper than the PS3 at the time, and sometime this year I want to get a PS3 for various exclusives (The Last of Us is what finally made me cave and decide I really want a PS3 though). I don't give a damn about the hardware (well.. as long as it's working properly), I just want to play games.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Nero-Sama

The point I was making was that Mass Effect as a SERIES was supposed to be for XBOX and PC only.

And yes. I b***h at PS3. Because they feel (for the most part) that it's alright for them to have system exclusive content, however any time another system has something of their own, they want a piece of it. Once again, I cite my adoration of Infamous 1 and 2, along with the fact that I'd love to have other games that I can't quite think of right now.
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

The difference here is that games like Infamous and Uncharted are made by developers that Sony owns, which means they aren't allowed to release their games on another console, where as Bioware is not owned by Microsoft. Bioware is owned by EA, who publishes games for pretty much any relevant system that's out right now.

Even Capcom backpedaled on the exclusivity of Resident Evil 4 about a year or so after it came out to cash in on that, what reason would Bioware have to NOT port Mass Effect 1 over to the PS3? People would obviously pay for it.

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Mir Teiwaz
Nero-Sama

The difference here is that games like Infamous and Uncharted are made by developers that Sony owns, which means they aren't allowed to release their games on another console, where as Bioware is not owned by Microsoft. Bioware is owned by EA, who publishes games for pretty much any relevant system that's out right now.

Even Capcom backpedaled on the exclusivity of Resident Evil 4 about a year or so after it came out to cash in on that, what reason would Bioware have to NOT port Mass Effect 1 over to the PS3? People would obviously pay for it.
Us PS3r's got somewhat lucky in that respect with ME2 getting the 10 minute "comic" that lets us make our choices for ME1. But after playing ME2/3 4 times through each (nearly started my 4th me3 run) I would most definitely buy ME1 for the whole experience.
Mir Teiwaz
Nero-Sama

I'd imagine because Microsoft Studios has the rights to ME1.

7,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Lost Dynamis
Mir Teiwaz
Nero-Sama

It is this fact that initially lead me to hope that Mass Effect would stay an XBOX Exclusive title.

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Lost Dynamis
Mir Teiwaz
Nero-Sama

You're right on the money. The PS3 will never get ME1 because Microsoft owns the distribution rights to it.

Hallowed Hunter

Nero-Sama
Lost Dynamis
Mir Teiwaz
Nero-Sama

It is this fact that initially lead me to hope that Mass Effect would stay an XBOX Exclusive title.

It's not as if you're losing out, whether it stayed exclusive or not.

7,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Dardanos Immortalis
Nero-Sama
Lost Dynamis
Mir Teiwaz
Nero-Sama

It's not as if you're losing out, whether it stayed exclusive or not.

Why do you insist on making this personal? It's not personal preference. It's business.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff