Welcome to Gaia! ::

Re:Favorite ME quote 3!

Hello, dead people! 0.091164095371669 9.1% [ 65 ]
Oh crap, a pop-up. 0.082748948106592 8.3% [ 59 ]
I may be drunk, krogan, but you're ugly. And tomorrow I'll be sober. 0.16129032258065 16.1% [ 115 ]
You! I said a bad-a** not some scout whining like a quarian with a tummy-ache. 0.065918653576438 6.6% [ 47 ]
Huh. Nobody died." "I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better." "Nah, I'm good. " 0.20336605890603 20.3% [ 145 ]
"Wait, you're stopping me but not them? You son of a b***h!" "You don't have a grenade launcher, lady. Get lost." 0.13744740532959 13.7% [ 98 ]
I have ruled out the possibility of an artificially intelligent virus, unless it's *very* intelligent... and toying with me. 0.25806451612903 25.8% [ 184 ]
Total Votes:[ 713 ]

Anyone with a PS3 enjoying the multiplayer? biggrin

Winner

19,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I'm on 360, but congrats that you guys finally get to take part in an Operation!

I went in planning to play some Silver matches to get used to them to get maybe remotely good enough for Gold.... I ended up in a Gold match first thing because I put it on "Any challenge." We were on Firebase White and against Geth, but we wiped without finishing even the first objective (Wave 3). sweatdrop (My boyfriend says it was just bad planning, and that we would've done okay if we had just been in a more defensible position. We had a Salarian Engineer, a Quarian Infiltrator, my Geth Infiltrator, and a Batarian Soldier.)

Then I played a bronze match to give myself an "easy win." Whole party wiped without finishing the first objective. (Wave 3)

Played another bronze match, wiped at wave 7 or 8 when the host left and I ended up alone. [I hate you Firebase: Reactor!]

Played another bronze match, wiped at wave 10 because I was 3-manning it with someone who I guess wasn't listening to their mic and didn't know that you really should be doing the objectives, not running around trying to get kills. Or AT LEAST try to stay next to your teammates (it was one of the upload the data files ones, not activate/deactivate 4 things in different places) so it's easy to revive you.

I didn't finish a single match successfully. So I gave up and will be studying for finals for a while because it's a far less depressing use of my time, at least for now.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
FyoraSilverwolf
Preston886

With your Geth Infiltrator I'd go as my Turian Sentinel to compliment. Sniping and Tempest with Disruptor ammo.

We'd probably need a Krogan Soldier or Turian Soldier for heavy damage/fire.

An Quarian Infiltrator would be much appreciated as well.

I wish my boyfriend could play at the same time as I play. gonk He's really good at the Soldier class. (Of the choices, he'd be Turian though, because he doesn't have any Krogans, to my knowledge.)

[The reason he can't is because we live together with only one copy of ME3. We have two TVs, two 360s, because we lived apart not too long ago. But only one copy of ME3. sad ]

My gamertag is FyoraSilverwolf, same as my username, since I don't think I mentioned it recently. 3nodding

I'll add you tonight.

I'm at a convention today actually so it's a bit crazy...if I don't do anything tonight I'll play with you tomorrow.

I made a thread about this because I didn't know that this was here and mine was kind of a fail ;-;

BUT.

I was wondering what choice everyone picked for the ending, and what your reasoning was for it.

I picked control (blue) because throughout the entire game, I bitched to my friend that I wanted to join the Illusive Man, because he had it right all along. When Starchild told me my options at the end, I was honestly grinning like a maniac, and went immediately to the stun baton handles or whatever the ******** those things were.

Briefly considered fusing all organic and synthetic life, but changing the genetic makeup of literally everything in the galaxy without anyone's input would have been a d**k move imo. Also, I couldn't get behind anything that left the reapers physically on an inhabited planet, because if I understood the game right, indoctrination can occur even from dead reapers. So, basically, with the green option, Earth along with every other major planet is absolutely covered with derelict reapers just waiting to indoctrinate all of the remaining citizens. Combine that with the fact that there are no more mass relays, and there is virtually no escape from them. Yes, they can be physically destroyed now that they've been deactivated, but it will take a long-a** time, and mass indoctrination could potentially happen in that time (from what I understand).

Winner

19,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
Preston886

I'll add you tonight.

I'm at a convention today actually so it's a bit crazy...if I don't do anything tonight I'll play with you tomorrow.

I hope to be out and about during the main part of the day tomorrow, but everything closes at like 8 or 9 (Eastern), so I should be home by then. I'll be playing tonight and whenever I'm home tomorrow, (so long as my boyfriend sticks to Old Republic, which it seems like he will) so any time is fine.

The Geth Infiltrator is at 20 now, and I'm getting an Asari Adept to that point as well (Asari Adept is way better at fighting Cerberus than the Geth Infiltrator is.) The Adept is at level 11 currently. I've been buying Spectre Packs in hopes of getting new characters to try, since all except one of the ones I don't have are Rare.

Something else I have to make sure of for the Gold attempts is that I have Medi-Gel on hand. :/ I'm always running out of it. I have plenty of the other consumables though.

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
FyoraSilverwolf
Preston886

I'll add you tonight.

I hope to be out and about during the main part of the day tomorrow, but everything closes at like 8 or 9 (Eastern), so I should be home by then. I'll be playing tonight and whenever I'm home tomorrow, (so long as my boyfriend sticks to Old Republic, which it seems like he will) so any time is fine.

The Geth Infiltrator is at 20 now, and I'm getting an Asari Adept to that point as well (Asari Adept is way better at fighting Cerberus than the Geth Infiltrator is.) The Adept is at level 11 currently. I've been buying Spectre Packs in hopes of getting new characters to try, since all except one of the ones I don't have are Rare.

Something else I have to make sure of for the Gold attempts is that I have Medi-Gel on hand. :/ I'm always running out of it. I have plenty of the other consumables though.
Do you put rules on yourself?
I try my best not to use Medi's until after wave 6 unless theres some team wiping disaster happening. Same goes for my rockets. The health/ammo refills though I rarely use anyway unless I'm using a low level class, unless i just got surrounded sad

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
This is most definitely late, but I'm sure someone's missed this.
*summed up, a ME3 writer tells that he and just about the rest of the entire team had nothing to do with writing the ending, and that it was just Casey Hudson and the lead of the writing team or something behind the terribleness*

Quote:
“I have nothing to do with the ending beyond a) having argued successfully a long time ago that we needed a chance to say goodbye to our squad, b) having argued successfully that Cortez shouldn’t automatically die in that shuttle crash, and c) having written Tali’s goodbye bit, as well as a couple of the holo-goodbyes for people I wrote (Mordin, Kasumi, Jack, etc).

No other writer did, either, except for our lead. This was entirely the work of our lead and Casey himself, sitting in a room and going through draft after draft.

And honestly, it kind of shows.

Every other mission in the game had to be held up to the rest of the writing team, and the writing team then picked it apart and made suggestions and pointed out the parts that made no sense. This mission? Casey and our lead deciding that they didn’t need to be peer-reviewe.d

And again, it shows.

If you’d asked me the themes of Mass Effect 3, I’d break them down as:

Galactic Alliances

Friends

Organics versus Synthetics

In my personal opinion, the first two got a perfunctory nod. We did get a goodbye to our friends, but it was in a scene that was divorced from the gameplay — a deliberate “nothing happens here” area with one turret thrown in for no reason I really understand, except possibly to obfuscate the “nothing happens here”-ness. The best missions in our game are the ones in which the gameplay and the narrative reinforce each other. The end of the Genophage campaign exemplifies that for me — every line of dialog is showing you both sides of the krogan, be they horrible brutes or proud warriors; the art shows both their bombed-out wasteland and the beautiful world they once had and could have again; the combat shows the terror of the Reapers as well as a blatant reminder of the rachni, which threatened the galaxy and had to be stopped by the krogan last time. Every line of code in that mission is on target with the overall message.

The endgame doesn’t have that. I wanted to see banshees attacking you, and then have asari gunships zoom in and blow them away. I wanted to see a wave of rachni ravagers come around a corner only to be met by a wall of krogan roaring a battle cry. Here’s the horror the Reapers inflicted upon each race, and here’s the army that you, Commander Shepard, made out of every race in the galaxy to fight them.

I personally thought that the Illusive Man conversation was about twice as long as it needed to be — something that I’ve been told in my peer reviews of my missions and made edits on, but again, this is a conversation no writer but the lead ever saw until it was already recorded. I did love Anderson’s goodbye.

For me, Anderson’s goodbye is where it ended. The stuff with the Catalyst just… You have to understand. Casey is really smart and really analytical. And the problem is that when he’s not checked, he will assume that other people are like him, and will really appreciate an almost completely unemotional intellectual ending. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it.

And then, just to be a d**k… what was SUPPOSED to happen was that, say you picked “Destroy the Reapers”. When you did that, the system was SUPPOSED to look at your score, and then you’d show a cutscene of Earth that was either:

a) Very high score: Earth obviously damaged, but woo victory

b) Medium score: Earth takes a bunch of damage from the Crucible activation. Like dropping a bomb on an already war-ravaged city. Uh, well, maybe not LIKE that as much as, uh, THAT.

c) Low score: Earth is a cinderblock, all life on it completely wiped out

I have NO IDEA why these different cutscenes aren’t in there. As far as I know, they were never cut. Maybe they were cut for budget reasons at the last minute. I don’t know. But holy crap, yeah, I can see how incredibly disappointing it’d be to hear of all the different ending possibilities and have it break down to “which color is stuff glowing?” Or maybe they ARE in, but they’re too subtle to really see obvious differences, and again, that’s… yeah.

Okay, that’s a lot to have written for something that’s gonna go away in an hour.

I still teared up at the ending myself, but really, I was tearing up for the quick flashbacks to old friends and the death of Anderson. I wasn’t tearing up over making a choice that, as it turned out, didn’t have enough cutscene differentiation on it.

And to be clear, I don’t even really wish Shepard had gotten a ride-off-into-sunset ending. I was honestly okay with Shepard sacrificing himself. I just expected it to be for something with more obvious differentiation, and a stronger tie to the core themes — all three of them.”

To think, even those Holo-goodbyes weren't in the original game plan :/ He was damn set on ruining the last 2-3 hours of ME3 it seems.
-Radiant-Abyss-

Wait so, he had nothing to say about the multiplayer!?

What a hack!

Profitable Raider

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Lost Dynamis
-Radiant-Abyss-

What a hack!
Lol this was posted over a month ago on some site, so i guess it wouldnt have any relevant news.
-Radiant-Abyss-
Lost Dynamis
-Radiant-Abyss-

What a hack!
Lol this was posted over a month ago on some site, so i guess it wouldnt have any relevant news.

Nah I was just kidding.

Though I truly do wonder the validity of that. I have a hard time believing that would have gone unnoticed after all this time.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Lost Dynamis
-Radiant-Abyss-
Lost Dynamis
-Radiant-Abyss-

What a hack!

Nah I was just kidding.

Though I truly do wonder the validity of that. I have a hard time believing that would have gone unnoticed after all this time.

Penny Arcade forums under his account.

Popped up on a few websites before BioWare forced PA to erase the posts concerning it.

Post has ended up on several websites, which BioWare has been trying to have shut down.

We're spreading the word of this message faster than BioWare can shut us down for.

Also to former BioWare Designer, Christina Norman, ******** you.

Barton Lover

44,325 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Rebuilder 100
Preston886

Ok, I've obviously missed something. From what I remember, she left BioWare a bit after ME3 was announced, so I'm not aware of what people are mad at her about.

Thieving Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
soren_alenko
Preston886

Ok, I've obviously missed something. From what I remember, she left BioWare a bit after ME3 was announced, so I'm not aware of what people are mad at her about.

At GDC this year she went on record to say that as consumers we have no right to say anything about video games. We're only to buy and play the games themselves, not create experiences.

Basically she called us lambs to the slaughter about buying video games and playing them, specifically about ME3.

Dangerous Survivor

Regarding the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer; I really wanted to take part in Operation Exorcist this weekend, but I keep getting kicked from matches and even if I were actually to get into a match I'm not sure how effective I'd be as a teammate.

I usually use the Asari Justicar and I'm pretty good with her. I can outscore my teammates in Silver, but I lag soooo much because I've got a lousy internet connection. It's not my fault! >_< xD

Winner

19,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
-Radiant-Abyss-
Do you put rules on yourself?
I try my best not to use Medi's until after wave 6 unless theres some team wiping disaster happening. Same goes for my rockets. The health/ammo refills though I rarely use anyway unless I'm using a low level class, unless i just got surrounded sad

I just don't use Medi-Gel until I'm either about to bleed out or get squished. I only use rockets if there's a big baddie that I think we have no chance to take down (like if it's only two of us and there's an Atlas, that hasn't even been touched yet, bearing down on us, or if there's a 60%+ alive Banshee and an untouched Brute in the LZ or upload circle. Things like that. If there's a Prime or 2-3 Pyros in the LZ or upload circle, I'm already dead so... lol )

And I just never use the other consumables. xd

Lately, I've also made it a rule to not use what Medi-Gel I've gotten on Bronze matches, when I've played them. I have 1 Medi-Gel left right now from the 5 I got, because I used 2 in a Gold attempt (we made it to Wave 7, and we weren't even talking to each other!) and 2 over the course of a number of Silver matches.

My experience making it to Wave 7 on Gold against Cerberus using an Asari Adept makes me think it might be better to go with the Adept for a Gold match. Whether against Cerberus or Reapers, I'm not sure. Probably Cerberus with the wanting to kill Phantoms thing. [I figured out how to properly kill Phantoms (Stasis! Which I otherwise never use) after the Gold match, so I think I'd do better next time. Not to mention I wasn't even level 15 at the time and I'm level 18 now I think.]

Related to being squished: How does a Geth get squished? They're metal!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff