Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

Okay, I got the help I wanted. Thank you very much. ♥

Okay, so here's the thing. I know that my boyfriend's been wanting a Vita, so I decided I want to get him one.
Here's the problem though: I'm completely lost when it comes the the memory card.

What do you guys think is the best size card I could start out getting? I'd love to be able to get one of the larger ones, but I'm a little tight on money so even the system is pushing it a little.

So my overall question to you guys is, do you think that I would have to buy the larger card right off the bat? Or would an 8gig or so be okay to start off with only a couple games?

I'm not too much of a gamer, barely play them actually, so I'm rather useless when it comes to trying to figure out these things myself. I'm not exactly how the whole card thing works, like how the storage is and how much it takes up and all that, so that's why I'm here!

Thank you very much for you time.

Also for a little additional just in case: With the memory cards being such a high price, I was wondering if anyone knew of any place where they could be a little cheaper. I already searched through Amazon and there's nothing really that's cheaper except the 4 GB ones, but from what games I've looked at it's pretty much useless to try to get that one.

I have a VITA all I have is a 4GB. I've downloaded Facebook, Netflix, and Youtube and they took like no room at all an i think that was to the actual system itself. I only two games and the save files are super tiny, the only reason you might want to get a big memory card is if you want to download full games such as games that were on the PSP. And those usual take about 2-3 gigs of space if that. So if you're not looking to download full games at the moment just get the 4 gig. that's really all you need to start out with.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

I've never heard of a single game for the VITA requiring a 32GB card.

I had several app-things, PSP games and a few VITA games on my 4GB card with space to spare.

Dapper Dabbler

DFAngelWolf18

Mir Teiwaz

I remember looking at the back of one of the games where it says what size card it needs and it took up that much space that it needed the 32. I can't remember which one it is though, I'm not very good at remember titles if they don't spark enough interest.;;

But anyways, oh that's a great relieve then. Thank you guys for your help.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Lishi-Chan
I remember looking at the back of one of the games where it says what size card it needs and it took up that much space that it needed the 32. I can't remember which one it is though, I'm not very good at remember titles if they don't spark enough interest.;;

That was probably 32KB, or something like that.

Dapper Dabbler

Mir Teiwaz

...Ohhhhh, yeah that would make sense. See I was very confused about that.haha
Well, I never said I was the most observant person.;;

Well, once again thank you for your time.
Mir Teiwaz
Lishi-Chan

That was probably 32KB, or something like that.

no they sell 32 gigs
Lishi-Chan
Okay, so here's the thing. I know that my boyfriend's been wanting a Vita, so I decided I want to get him one.
Here's the problem though: I'm completely lost when it comes the the memory card.

What do you guys think is the best size card I could start out getting? I'd love to be able to get one of the larger ones, but I'm a little tight on money so even the system is pushing it a little.

So my overall question to you guys is, do you think that I would have to buy the larger card right off the bat? Or would an 8gig or so be okay to start off with only a couple games?

I'm not too much of a gamer, barely play them actually, so I'm rather useless when it comes to trying to figure out these things myself. I'm not exactly how the whole card thing works, like how the storage is and how much it takes up and all that, so that's why I'm here!

Thank you very much for you time.

Also for a little additional just in case: With the memory cards being such a high price, I was wondering if anyone knew of any place where they could be a little cheaper. I already searched through Amazon and there's nothing really that's cheaper except the 4 GB ones, but from what games I've looked at it's pretty much useless to try to get that one.

i say get the biggest one you can afford.
but dpeneds on what
if your doing mostly downloading games (not apps) then get the biggest card you can
if your doing games from store then i say a 8 gig is fine.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Ryuna_08
no they sell 32 gigs

We're talking about a game that supposedly uses up 32 gigs on its own. She may have misread "3200KB" or "32 MB" as gigs. I dunno. It was a possible answer because I've never heard of a VITA game taking up so much space.

If such a game existed, I imagine I would have heard something about it by now.

esmeabloodlynn rolled 12 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, 2, 6, 2, 2, 5 Total: 42 (12-72)

I think this is cool. why wont this let me post
Well go for it.It's a wise purchase.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas