Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Capitalist

3,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
So I recently picked up Divinity: Original Sin because I heard a lot of good things about it and heard from some that it takes them back to older RPG experiences like Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights (although the game may not play like them). Which got me to thinking: I missed out on those games growing up. Luckily most of these titles can be picked up on GOG now so my question is what game should I start with first?

The titles that I'm currently looking at are:

- Neverwinter Nights (either 2 or Diamond)
- Icewind Dale
- Nox
- Gothic 2
- Shadowrun
- Aarklash: Legacy

If there are any other awesome RPGs like these, please feel free to add.

Dangerous Genius

Shadowrun returns is pretty good in my opinion, but only Dragonfall and the community created games, Shadowrun will have you a bit disappointed if you just play the vanilla game. Otherwise go for it, just make sure you get shadowrun returns and you don't mean the horrible FPS.

Lonely Explorer

7,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Dragon quest..... By far the BEST rpg i've ever played my whole life, give it a chance !
Final fantasy tactics and FFT Advance are both really good and deep trpg. (You can try Tactics advance 2, but the only thing it really has going for it is a larger selection of job classes and spells and all that, but the story line is pretty dang awful)

Aged Gatekeeper

11,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200

Rogue Galaxy. Nobody in existence seems to know it, but it's an amazing game.
-QUATROPUS-
Luckily most of these titles can be picked up on GOG now so my question is what game should I start with first?

I'd say Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition. The sequel is a mixed bag, but the first game is okay, provided you just stick to the expansions and don't really touch the original campaign.

Darkness over Daggerford, Kingmaker, The Witch's Wake, and possibly A Dance With Rogues (if you're okay with adult content) are all free addons, and I'd say that they're probably worth price you'd pay for the full game on their own.

Dangerous Genius

Celly Sunbutt

I would like to point out he is looking for different kindsof games, and actually, roque glaxy was actually pretty popular when it came out for the PS2, but it pretty much has the kind of things you would expect in it for the kind of RPG it is. It has alot of playability but the ending is a bit cliche.

Familiar Shade

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200
this series was amazing
dungeons and dragons on xbox original is really good too,
i miss those days

Beloved Sweetheart

12,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: KO 200
Celly Sunbutt

Thank you for mentioning Rogue Galaxy emo That game is too fun.

Dapper Capitalist

3,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Chaos Dirge
Celly Sunbutt

I would like to point out he is looking for different kindsof games, and actually, roque glaxy was actually pretty popular when it came out for the PS2, but it pretty much has the kind of things you would expect in it for the kind of RPG it is. It has alot of playability but the ending is a bit cliche.
Yeah I'm not really looking for titles that seem to have an Eastern appeal to them, more like western dungeon crawling RPGs with ideas like DnD, whether old fantasy for science fiction.

But at least I have a title if I want something new to play.
Maybe some of the earlier TES games?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces