Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

Your point is negated by the fact that the game is not that pleasant on its own. It's boring, lacks content, and its pseudo-RPG elements hold it back from achieving anything worthwhile. Either they need to expand them or remove them completely and if they were to do the latter, it would take away any reason for someone who isn't a dimwitted child to play it. Actually, there is no reason to play it as it is because there are much better sandbox games out there but that's besides the point.
Hexstus
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

Your point is negated by the fact that the game is not that pleasant on its own. It's boring, lacks content, and its pseudo-RPG elements hold it back from achieving anything worthwhile. Either they need to expand them or remove them completely and if they were to do the latter, it would take away any reason for someone who isn't a dimwitted child to play it. Actually, there is no reason to play it as it is because there are much better sandbox games out there but that's besides the point.

*shrugs* Well, whatever. You're entitled to your opinion on a game that sold millions before it was even out of alpha because it obviously has something that is fun and pleasant.
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp
*shrugs* Well, whatever. You're entitled to your opinion on a game that sold millions before it was even out of alpha because it obviously has something that is fun and pleasant.

Argumentum ad populum.
Hexstus
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

Argumentum ad populum.

So, your opinion and the opinion of the relative minority that don't like the game are the only ones that actually matter? :/ Sorry, I don't argue with people that use opinion to argue against statistics...
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

You're using a fallacy to justify your claim that the game is "pleasant". That, by the way, is your opinion and a wrong one at that. Of course there's a good chance you're one of the simple-minded children I spoke of that enjoy the game despite its lack of substance.
Hexstus
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

You're using a fallacy to justify your claim that the game is "pleasant". That, by the way, is your opinion and a wrong one at that. Of course there's a good chance you're one of the simple-minded children I spoke of that enjoy the game despite its lack of substance.

Because millions of people--people who are old enough to have credit cards and jobs and their own money to buy a game with, by the way--would have purchased, and continue to purchase, and continue to play, and continue to enjoy a game that wasn't pleasing to them in some way? That makes so much more sense.
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

Argumentum ad populum.
Hexstus
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

Argumentum ad populum.

Uh huh. You used that one already. How about these? Statistical majority. Collective consciousness. Ratings from several of the more popular game publications.
I could go on...
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

I'll just keep linking that same article if you want to spout the same stupid argument.

Conservative Regular

Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp
Hexstus
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

Because it was Lego the video game in all but name

Fashionable Entrepreneur

9,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Building stuff is a game. Legos and puzzles have been popular amongst adults, I think the point of Minecraft isn't too beat it but to come up with interesting designs and challenges. I mean there are war servers where people fight one another starting with nothing. That's a challenge because if you die then your stuff is gone and you have to start over or kill someone and take their stuff.

I don't even understand your argument, it's stereo typed... Are you a troll?

Hexstus
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

Hexstus
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

I'll just keep linking that same article if you want to spout the same stupid argument.

Using the same "article" as your argument repeatedly when I have used several, and can continue to use more just shows how weak your argument really is.
Texadar
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp
Hexstus
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

... And?
People enjoy legos. Probably a lot of the people that played with legos as a kid enjoy playing Minecraft.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp
Texadar
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp
Hexstus
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

... And?
People enjoy legos. Probably a lot of the people that played with legos as a kid enjoy playing Minecraft.
That doesn't make it good. By that logic, Twiligh is Shakespeare quality and Justin Beiber is the greatest hit to music in decades.
Fated raison detre
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp
Texadar
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp
Hexstus
Dirk Dagger--Space Pimp

... And?
That doesn't make it good. By that logic, Twiligh is Shakespeare quality and Justin Beiber is the greatest hit to music in decades.

:/
Uh, no... That does not fit with the logic at all... Just because something is good and people enjoy it does not automatically make it the greatest thing ever. Because someone likes eating bologna does not necessarily mean that they think that bologna is as good as prime rib.
I do not think Minecraft is the greatest game ever. But I do think it is a good game, and I do enjoy it. So do many, MANY people all over the world. I'm sure some of them enjoy it so much they would say that it is the greatest game ever, but I'm not in the habit of speaking in hyperbole.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff