Welcome to Gaia! ::

Opinions on the apparent clone/alternate of Marth? What do you think she is? Happy to see her?

Personally, I'm hoping that she's a clone of Marth and picks up Roy's old spot: A slightly slower Marth that's geared more toward power in general rather than a sweet spot.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Interesting Codger

2,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Not really sure what to expect from her, but I'm glad we're getting two new Fire Emblem characters. Robin offers a far more unique moveset, so it'd be a bit disappointing if Lucina were put in instead of Robin - getting both is perfect, though.

If you wanna keep bringing in more Fire Emblem characters, Nintendo, be my guest. biggrin

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.She looks like a cool character... But I'm more exited for Robbin... He looks like a really interesting character to play... And you can play him as a cool-looking female too... cat_whee
I'm happy because that's another waifu in this game for me.

It needs to be renamed Super Smash Waifus

I kind of hope she isn't a Marth clone, even though she's basically a ladyboy Marth.

Dapper Capitalist

3,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Could really not give a s**t. I could accept Marth being there and having Robin and Ike be completely different in terms of play styles and movement, but Lucina looks weak.

She was probably put in because of fan service for the series.

Hilarious Lunatic

24,840 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
The alt argument as far as Lucina is concerned is ridiculous. Does the alt for Wii Fit Trainer have his own page? Nope. She has her own page, and people are dismissing her as a Marth alt costume because: 1, her moves so far are too similar to his; 2, the front page of the website has her banner smaller than Robin's; 3, same banner also doesn't say Newcomer on it; 4, her outfit looks like his (it was like that in FE:A because she disguised as him, so of course they're gonna keep it that way for her Smash reveal)

She is a clone. The people saying otherwise aren't gonna accept that until Sakurai comes out and says it himself. Until then, they are gonna be putting down/out right ignoring all other evidence that says otherwise.

Or they could just be butthurt Shulk/Issac fans (I know I'm disappointed neither was revealed, but seriously...I know this is the internet but have some common sense...)
Gaya Tan
I'm happy because that's another waifu in this game for me.

It needs to be renamed Super Smash Waifus

I kind of hope she isn't a Marth clone, even though she's basically a ladyboy Marth.
All her moves look visually identical to Marth so....at this point there's no arguing that she's a clone.

That said, we can always hope that she's at least a good clone that plays completely different. or maybe even have lot of unique customizable specials

Distinct Bear

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
I was ok with the idea somewhat as I don't care for Marth to begin with, but then they denounced Chrom as an assist who would have been great and pretty much revealed over the other half of the video that the spot was taken by an all too familiar move set character.

I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Like if they want to make Marth again, but different in some way, just bring back Roy for the fans.

Quotable Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
To be fair, either Lucina or Chrom for FE:A would've made for a pretty cloney experience overall (then again, it could be justified if you've actually played Awakening.
I'm just glad they decided to put in someone that's a mage.

On another note, I was highly disappointed when the footage of Captain Falcon was him mostly getting beaten up by Robin.

Distinct Bear

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
Aoki-Star
To be fair, either Lucina or Chrom for FE:A would've made for a pretty cloney experience overall (then again, it could be justified if you've actually played Awakening.
I'm just glad they decided to put in someone that's a mage.

On another note, I was highly disappointed when the footage of Captain Falcon was him mostly getting beaten up by Robin.

I still would have preferred a clone Chrom over Marth with longer hair so I could differentiate them, but I have to admit I'm pretty satisfied Robin popped in at least.

And you know, the inevitable Captain Falcon that people seriously considered wasn't going to happen.

Romantic Grabber

She's either going to be a clone like Roy was or just a skin for Marth.
Either way I'm still a bit disappointed that she'll be on or the other but I'm still excited that she's in the game anyway.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

I'm not a fan of Awakening, so I couldn't care less.

I'm still waiting on Ness. I mean I know he's a part of the core cast but I'm still worried for my main.

Aoki-Star

I agree, I didn't like Captain Falcon's treatment either.

Dapper Capitalist

3,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
The Real Neoxis

And you know, the inevitable Captain Falcon that people seriously considered wasn't going to happen.

No one ever thought that. Falcon has been a flagship fighter since the N64. It's the same reason why Ness will show up before release too.

Now you can argue that they rid it of Metaknight, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf, but they really did it due to the amounts of characters they have for those games anyways (Kirby has 2, Pokemon has 4, and Zelda has 4). Dropping out their only fighter from F-Zero and Earthbound doesn't seem like a likely thing to do.

Distinct Bear

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
-QUATROPUS-
The Real Neoxis

No one ever thought that. Falcon has been a flagship fighter since the N64. It's the same reason why Ness will show up before release too.

Now you can argue that they rid it of Metaknight, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf, but they really did it due to the amounts of characters they have for those games anyways (Kirby has 2, Pokemon has 4, and Zelda has 4). Dropping out their only fighter from F-Zero and Earthbound doesn't seem like a likely thing to do.

To be fair, I should have put "some people" because I have come across several people worried he wouldn't pop up for whatever reason, mostly being the late introduction.

Either way, you can't claim 100% on anything.

In a relationship with every woman

Diamond Dog

14,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Megathread 100
Extremely happy. The first character in Smash series since Sheik's appearance in Melee that actually make me excited for the game. Now only if we could have Simon Belmont and Midna.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff