Miroshii-chan
Shinobi PK
The GBA had a lot of good games. A few of my favorites include:

Golden Sun
Mother 3
Legacy of Goku 2/3
Pokemon 3rd gen
Fire Emblem

There are definitely more games to list but I can't think of them right now.

Mother 3 has always interested me. I only own one game from your list and the rest is on my wanted list.

Great choice of games! yum_puddi

Mother 3 is a great game. You'll have to download an English translation patch for it online though, unless you know Japanese.

15,525 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
The GBA had a lot of fantastic ports such as Sega Rally Championship and Silent Scope and some amazing originals like Racing Gears Advance and Car Battler Joe

It is one of the most I have collected for handheld wise, as the PSP is my most collected handheld system

Devoted Genius

8,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
Does anyone remember Drill Dozer?

That game was my jam. I thought it was really neat that it was one of the only GBA games to have the rumble feature.

gonk i want a gameboy advance sp but they're like 50$ on ebay

Clean Raider

Miroshii-chan
Chase_Meridian

I'm the kind of player that tends to level grind no matter what the game (on my last replay I have hundreds of hours on Sapphire and only 7 badges because EVERYBODY has to be at least level 50 before I get #8 and I need 200 of each berry and.....), so that biases me a bit. Level grinding is kind of a given with the Pokemon games.

The gen III games (Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, LeafGreen, FireRed) are great since they didn't have the same technological limitations that the older generations had yet stuck close to the same style (just with better sprites and lighting). Of course, I only had a GBSP to play with until last year's Christmas present (now I have a DSlite! The last style that can still play GBA games), so the newer Pokemon games weren't that accessible to me anyways.

Because of the different fighting styles between CotM and AoS, level grinding is more important in CotM. It's an older game, kind of a given. In AoS it's more that there are certain items you have to have in order to get a certain ending, but level grinding isn't quite as important. Healing is easier in AoS too.

I've only played two of the Wario Land games (IV for the GBA and I on the GB, actually had nightmares from that one when I was little), but I really liked IV. I like platformers in general, like some of the Castlevania games, but the slightly ruder humor and light heartedness in Wario Land was a nice break. I wish my brother hadn't sold that one on me. sad

I was already a big fan of the Yugioh series before buying the games, which probably influenced how much I like them. I remember a fair amount of card-based strategy games released on the GBA, and the Yugioh games would be much more appealing to people already fans of the manga or anime. There were about 6 games of varying quality released on the GBA that are card-based for the series. While I really enjoyed the game, I think I would be more frustrating to someone who didn't have the game rules drilled into the head prior to playing.

I totally do the same thing in Pokémon! I need every Pokémon to be the same level as my starter. So it's basically grinding and grinding continuously. ...and it takes me reaaaaally long.

I had a GBA SP after owning a DS lite for a few years so I'm basically going back in time step by step. Do you have a GBA SP with backlit screen? Also congrats on the DS lite! What's the color of your DS lite?

Good to know. Like really good to know, actually. It wouldn't have affected my sight on these games, it's just nice to know about clear differences. I mostly just list games I really like and get lost in whatever I love about it and forget about other important little things.

I'm almost into any type of games but I grew up with platformers mostly. They're WONDERFUL.
I think the GB Wario Land games are pretty cheap nowadays. You might get it back! I'm pretty sure these games are worth it. ♪

I'm pretty sure it's worth drilling the rules into my head. I'd totally do that for a game.

I think Pokemon would hold a lot less appeal for me if I didn't love level grinding so much. The internal battery in my Sapphire died so I'm forced to continue onward and 'complete' the game (just not the way I want to) since when I get the battery replaced it will erase my game. *sighs* Not the end of the world but frustrating after +500 hours.

I do have a backlit GBSP that I bought used while I was in uni. I don't care that I can't use headphones without an extra accessory, the backlit screen was such a wonderful development. While CotM's graphics were really beautiful they were so dark that playing on the GBA a bit of a headache. Playing on with a backlit screen made one of my favorites WAY more enjoyable (being excited about that makes me feel old).

My DSlite is black. I would've liked one in pink or red, but at the time they were more expensive. I hope I'll get as much use out of it as I had my old systems (my GBC and GBA still work but they're a hemisphere away).

I will probably give into temptation and try and buy back the Wario Land games. Just got to be wary about counterfeit games, but I don't think there's that big of a trade in fake Wario Land games (unlike Pokemon). If you're buying online (or even in stores) be careful. On ebay, there are tons of fake GBA games that are generally sold from China or Hong Kong. Some end up getting resold at game shops. xp

aBlackParade's Spouse

Fluffy Bunny

3,650 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Trader 100
Gh4stly
Your friend sounds incredibly pathetic; though no more so than the sheep she sent to relay this message.

You sound more pathetic to me, you only want negative attention and hurt other people just for fun. You're so great, being like that. As if there weren't enough people acting the same way you do. Alright. See you.

abyssbun's Spouse

Lonely Phantom

7,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
Gh4stly
abyssbun

Your friend sounds incredibly pathetic; though no more so than the sheep she sent to relay this message.

You're sickening to me. Stop getting off to being a complete d**k, jeez. She was great enough of a friend to say something about it. I didn't want to respond to something I didn't ask for, if you wanted to know. Now just leave me alone. I made a thread to have fun, not to feel like s**t. OFF YOU GO.

abyssbun's Spouse

Lonely Phantom

7,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
Gh4stly
abyssbun
You sound more pathetic to me, you only want negative attention and hurt other people just for fun. You're so great, being like that. As if there weren't enough people acting the same way you do. Alright. See you.

I want negative attention? I had no idea. I just assumed I was telling the world and its inhabitants how they are for my own enjoyment. Though really, that is awfully amusing coming from a child who claims to be "genderfluid" while simultaneously owning a tumblr account. By the way, if you think so poorly of me why would you want to see me again? Seems like quite the moronic remark to make.

Do you really think scanning an account to make a point works out for you? Leave my friend alone. Leave this thread alone.

Like I ASKED: FANS ONLY, okay? Just go. I am tired of hearing this.

abyssbun's Spouse

Lonely Phantom

7,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
Phrozen Pikachu
Miroshii-chan
Phrozen Pikachu

off the top of my head. Chrono Cross,Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core,Tales of Symphonia,Persona 3 Portable,The World Ends With You.

Well you can emulate them on pc as some are impossible to find. Only a few made it onto the e-stores on the 3ds/wii.

Whats on the sonic collection on the ds, skipped that game. Does t have sonic 3 biggrin ? Oooh SNES was goood Super Metroid and Chrono Trigger !!

I've heard of most of them. Sadly I don't own a lot of RPG games. Is it your favorite genre?

I suppose that that's true. It's sad that some games just get lost.

Sonic Collection DS comes with 4 games. Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles. ♪

SNES really was gooood! I play(ed) a lot of Donkey Kong Country & Super Mario All-stars on it.

Yeah it is sweatdrop

Oooh those were the games i was raised with on the sega genesis <3

Oooh mario all stars had so many mario games on one cartridge. Donkey kong one of the first few games that made 3d work in a 2d game.

Oh well, there are plenty of good games out there, still!

the sega genesis sound so gooooood. I own one game, but not the system. I never had the system. ...really weird hehe emotion_sweatdrop

I always played Super Mario 2 and 3 on there. Later on I got Super Mario World and it's my favorite one. c: and yesss! Don't forget about the music. ♪

abyssbun's Spouse

Lonely Phantom

7,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
Shinobi PK
Miroshii-chan
Shinobi PK
The GBA had a lot of good games. A few of my favorites include:

Golden Sun
Mother 3
Legacy of Goku 2/3
Pokemon 3rd gen
Fire Emblem

There are definitely more games to list but I can't think of them right now.

Mother 3 has always interested me. I only own one game from your list and the rest is on my wanted list.

Great choice of games! yum_puddi

Mother 3 is a great game. You'll have to download an English translation patch for it online though, unless you know Japanese.

It saddens me when some great games don't make it out of Japan. There are some gems out there.

abyssbun's Spouse

Lonely Phantom

7,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
DJ Parry Hotter
The GBA had a lot of fantastic ports such as Sega Rally Championship and Silent Scope and some amazing originals like Racing Gears Advance and Car Battler Joe

It is one of the most I have collected for handheld wise, as the PSP is my most collected handheld system

First of all, I really like your username.

I've seen a review of Sega Rally Championship! I like the way it looks. I'm into racing games.

You must have quite a collection.

abyssbun's Spouse

Lonely Phantom

7,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
cinamorolI

gonk i want a gameboy advance sp but they're like 50$ on ebay

I got my two gameboy SP's for quite a cheap price. But that's because I got one from a friend for like €15.- and another one from the market for €10.- with a load of games.

You should look for retro gaming sites! I got a link for you if you want it, but I can't remember the name. They're stationed in the Netherlands but they ship everywhere I think. But they miiiiight be expensive.

Tip: look for the GBA SP with backlit screen. (AGS-101)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff