Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
x-PerdxxBlade-x
Roxas_ The Kool Guy
OMG!!! I just got Gameinformer magazine yesterday, KHDDD was in there, the developer was talking about pputing the first couple of KHs on other systems,. He didn't say which but i hope its the ds
Dude sweet! I can't wait....
If the 1st 4 games of KH gets on DS or 3DS... I think i might have a baby!!!!!!!

Lonely Exhibitionist

Roxas_ The Kool Guy
x-PerdxxBlade-x
Roxas_ The Kool Guy
OMG!!! I just got Gameinformer magazine yesterday, KHDDD was in there, the developer was talking about pputing the first couple of KHs on other systems,. He didn't say which but i hope its the ds
If the 1st 4 games of KH gets on DS or 3DS... I think i might have a baby!!!!!!!
I think it would be counter-productive, the DS is a dying system that has worse capabilities than the PS2.

Dangerous Cutesmasher

Yoshpet
x-PerdxxBlade-x
Actually, yes, the main games DO use subtitles. EVERY single KH game in the entire series uses subtitles. Youtube it.

Also, the terms "spin-off" or "side-game" refer to games that are in the same franchise, but have nothing to do with the actual story. KH 3D is a direct sequel to KH 2, so it's not by ANY means a spin-off or side-game. It's an extremely important game because it pretty much ends right where KH 3 starts, just like CoM did that with KH 2. But this time around, KH 3D is 10 times more important than CoM was.

I was talking about subtitles as in "birth by sleep" not the fact that subtitles are used during cutscenes. confused

My complaint is that the narrative is being spread over multiple platforms. They're bad because they're not really side-games, they're all relevant and for many of us they are out of reach. I feel like I'm drowning and you guys are describing the water.

You shouldn't worry or have to feel that way because this is the argument I try to make with others all of the time. I'm a big fan of kingdom hearts but I hate how they suddenly decided to break into different systems. If you want others to get a taste of the series then don't make the first ones on the PS2 then the next on psp then DS then like a few months after a friggin DS come out then have KH DDD on DS 3D, just do like you did with CoM and put one on the GBA and one on the PS2 if you wanna do all of that. I stopped buying kingdom hearts games just because of how important the newer ones are to the storyline and plot, but I don't have the systems. I bought a DS just to play 356/2 days and it wasn't worth the money. I refuse to buy a psp for Birth by Sleep and refuse to buy a 3Ds right after the DS just came out not too long ago.
Oh & thank you Roxas_theKG-that was generous of you. emotion_kirakira
Aleelee
Yoshpet
x-PerdxxBlade-x
Actually, yes, the main games DO use subtitles. EVERY single KH game in the entire series uses subtitles. Youtube it.

Also, the terms "spin-off" or "side-game" refer to games that are in the same franchise, but have nothing to do with the actual story. KH 3D is a direct sequel to KH 2, so it's not by ANY means a spin-off or side-game. It's an extremely important game because it pretty much ends right where KH 3 starts, just like CoM did that with KH 2. But this time around, KH 3D is 10 times more important than CoM was.

I was talking about subtitles as in "birth by sleep" not the fact that subtitles are used during cutscenes. confused

My complaint is that the narrative is being spread over multiple platforms. They're bad because they're not really side-games, they're all relevant and for many of us they are out of reach. I feel like I'm drowning and you guys are describing the water.

You shouldn't worry or have to feel that way because this is the argument I try to make with others all of the time. I'm a big fan of kingdom hearts but I hate how they suddenly decided to break into different systems. If you want others to get a taste of the series then don't make the first ones on the PS2 then the next on psp then DS then like a few months after a friggin DS come out then have KH DDD on DS 3D, just do like you did with CoM and put one on the GBA and one on the PS2 if you wanna do all of that. I stopped buying kingdom hearts games just because of how important the newer ones are to the storyline and plot, but I don't have the systems. I bought a DS just to play 356/2 days and it wasn't worth the money. I refuse to buy a psp for Birth by Sleep and refuse to buy a 3Ds right after the DS just came out not too long ago.

but the DS is 7 years old, 6 at the time KH:358/2 and Re:coded came out, it should be no surprise Nintendo was getting ready to release the 3DS, DS was already at its prime, hence why nintendo is milking it while it has its last breath of life and dies officially.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Aleelee

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't satisfied with watching cutscenes on Youtube or reading summaries by fans online.

I'd like to buy KH3 so I can have (what I assume will be) the main trilogy but I might pass if the storyline is too divorced from the end of KH2.

Dangerous Cutesmasher

-Letat-
Aleelee
Yoshpet
x-PerdxxBlade-x

but the DS is 7 years old, 6 at the time KH:358/2 and Re:coded came out, it should be no surprise Nintendo was getting ready to release the 3DS, DS was already at its prime, hence why nintendo is milking it while it has its last breath of life and dies officially.

As my opinion: Whether or not it came out months or years ago, I'm not just going to buy another system every time they come out with a new one. I find it ridiculous and it wastes a great deal of money. Why buy a 3Ds when I'm (mine-as-well say) 100% sure that eventually a 4Ds(4 example) will come out pretty soon. I'm not even sure yet if the 3Ds can even play DS games. I have a DS lite, GBSP, PS2, Wii, (I think that's all), and I just find it too much to upgrade with every console/system. That is if I'm only interested in the system itself. Evolution and technology is just...doing too much these days.

Dangerous Cutesmasher

Yoshpet

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't satisfied with watching cutscenes on Youtube or reading summaries by fans online.

I'd like to buy KH3 so I can have (what I assume will be) the main trilogy but I might pass if the storyline is too divorced from the end of KH2.

Don't fret 'bout the small stuff. I feel more than your pain. Reading and watching videos can be more than a drag, and also a bit misleading as well as off. Nothing's like playing the real thing for yourself- holding that controller in your hands as you worked so hard to win a fight. Then you await that cutscene to come on as your reward. emotion_donotwant .....wait...now I sound like a huge game nerd.>w<
Aleelee
-Letat-
Aleelee
Yoshpet
x-PerdxxBlade-x

As my opinion: Whether or not it came out months or years ago, I'm not just going to buy another system every time they come out with a new one. I find it ridiculous and it wastes a great deal of money. Why buy a 3Ds when I'm (mine-as-well say) 100% sure that eventually a 4Ds(4 example) will come out pretty soon. I'm not even sure yet if the 3Ds can even play DS games. I have a DS lite, GBSP, PS2, Wii, (I think that's all), and I just find it too much to upgrade with every console/system. That is if I'm only interested in the system itself. Evolution and technology is just...doing too much these days.

one thing to clear up.
GBA - DS - 3DS
a 3DS is not the same as DS models *DS-Dslight, DSi-DSi(XL)*, its the successor, 8th generation. The 4DS as you call it or successor to 3DS wont arrive until 6-7 years. But we could see a "3DS-light" around christmas 2013. And a 3DS can play DS games since its backwards compatible. No ones saying you have to buy every new system, but you will have to get a 3DS model of some kind if you hope to play any games arriving from now to the next 6 years.

And as far as money goes, this is why i trade in old models, you save some while investing in the future. Its the same story for PS2 to PS3 or Wii to Wii-U , there will always be sucessors.

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Super Stardom
Roxas_ The Kool Guy
x-PerdxxBlade-x
Roxas_ The Kool Guy
I think it would be counter-productive, the DS is a dying system that has worse capabilities than the PS2.

True, but not everybody has a PS2. I mean i have no problem getting them on the PS2 since i now have one but, waht if your bout to go on a road trip, you can't play KHs while on the road, thts the only reason tht i want them to put it on DS

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Aleelee
Yoshpet
x-PerdxxBlade-x

OK. U might get mad when i ask you this question but, i forgot what i did tht was generous. If its something personal, then send me a PM. i want tell know one else.
If you ask me, I think that i have short memory lost

Lonely Exhibitionist

Roxas_ The Kool Guy
Super Stardom
Roxas_ The Kool Guy
x-PerdxxBlade-x
Roxas_ The Kool Guy

True, but not everybody has a PS2. I mean i have no problem getting them on the PS2 since i now have one but, waht if your bout to go on a road trip, you can't play KHs while on the road, thts the only reason tht i want them to put it on DS
The games graphics would be down-graded, and they'd have to remove voice-acting. What I think he meant was put it on the Playstation sStore/maybe Xbox marketplace.

Dangerous Cutesmasher

Roxas_ The Kool Guy

OK. U might get mad when i ask you this question but, i forgot what i did tht was generous. If its something personal, then send me a PM. i want tell know one else.

Of course I won't get mad, it's just an honest question. It wasn't really anything much. Its just that I got a message that you tipped one of my posts-nothing serious. Sorry if I made it seem like something that was a big deal. emotion_awesome
blaugh Maybe you should drink some coffee for that short term memory lost.
Super Stardom
Roxas_ The Kool Guy
Super Stardom
Roxas_ The Kool Guy
x-PerdxxBlade-x
Roxas_ The Kool Guy

The games graphics would be down-graded, and they'd have to remove voice-acting. What I think he meant was put it on the Playstation sStore/maybe Xbox marketplace.

Kingdom Hearts 1 or Re:Chain of Memories on 3DS, if we are talking portables.
If consoles then PS-store makes sense, hard to see XBL

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Super Stardom
Roxas_ The Kool Guy
Super Stardom
Roxas_ The Kool Guy
x-PerdxxBlade-x
Roxas_ The Kool Guy

Thts doesn't matter. AS long as you get to play the game on the go or at home is waht matters

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Aleelee
Roxas_ The Kool Guy

Of course I won't get mad, it's just an honest question. It wasn't really anything much. Its just that I got a message that you tipped one of my posts-nothing serious. Sorry if I made it seem like something that was a big deal. emotion_awesome
blaugh Maybe you should drink some coffee for that short term memory lost.

emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces