Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Cutesmasher

Super Stardom
Aleelee
Sadly the only thing about getting this game is that I really don't feel like getting a new system, especially for 1 game. I guess I'll just watch all of the cutscenes instead of buying...
What other types of games are you interested in?

Well.. I gotta think. Usually I like buying games like action, fantasy, RPGs, but here really isn't a definite genre...just whatever catches my eye and seems interesting really.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Yoshpet
smashbrolink
All of that money that goes into making each new entry in the series, though. That's more than enough reason to spread it around a bit.
The relevant narrative can be viewed on youtube for those who don't have the money to afford the other system's it is on. What counts is that most people get the chance to experience at least one game in the series, which spreading it out to multiple systems facilitates.^_-

I don't mind them making spin-off titles for other platforms, I just wish the narratives were isolated. Use spin-off titles for character back-story (Birth by Sleep) or new storylines, not awkward inbetween titles.

People like me who only were interested in the main game are confused when there are huge leaps in the narrative and the people who don't have Sony that try a spin-off title won't feel like they're jumping into the middle of a veritable mess of confused story-telling. crying

Well, again, Youtube. It's been around long enough that anyone who is confused can have their blanks filled in for them quite easily. There's also Wiki's that give clear, concise storyline explanations for those who can't follow the story through videos.
For those who aren't huge fans of the series, or who are only interested in certain titles and don't want to spend money on all of them, that's what those sources are there for.
Again, I can sympathize with the desire to have a straight-line of soft-ware to make following it all a lot easier. Heck, at this point in time, I'm probably worse off, living situation-wise, than you are, when it comes to cash. But I still don't mind the spread out because anything I can't afford, I can still watch, while I save up TO afford it.
Besides, in the long run, having more systems will be useful, because I may find other titles for said systems that will give them longer life. That's not a bad thing at all, and it keeps money flowing into the companies in order to keep titles pumping out.

Lonely Exhibitionist

Yoshpet
Super Stardom
Except CoM got a PS2 release and was probably a bad example.

When did this happen? I just googled it. Never heard/saw this particular port before. eek
December 2nd, 2008

Lonely Exhibitionist

Yoshpet
Super Stardom
When was it ever announced that it would be a trilogy besides recent interviews? The only inclination that was ever given was KHII's ending which was just a trailer for BBS.

It has been in discussion between the fanbase speculating and developers hinting since the release of KH2. They made it pretty clear it would be awhile because there's a lot of money in infinite "relevant" spin-off titles.

You can pretend that the official production announcement will be the first time anyone has ever even imagined KH3 as a reality but that would be playing dumb. Like...incredibly dumb. gonk
Never have the words of a sequel left devs mouths until recently.

Rich Genius

Yoshpet
smashbrolink
Yoshpet
I lost interest in the series when they postponed production of Kingdom Hearts 3 so they could pump out hordes of side games for various consoles, all of which are inconveniently tied to the main narrative.

Thankfully, this new one isn't one of those side-games.
This is one of the ones in the main line, detailing the events leading into Kingdom Hearts 3. It will explain how both Sora and Riku gain the power necessary to stand up to the adversity that is waiting for them in KH3.

I would consider any portable release a side-game especially since the main series doesn't make use of subtitles. One of my complaints in the post you quoted was that I don't enjoy the main story being entangled in this cross-platform spam.
Actually, yes, the main games DO use subtitles. EVERY single KH game in the entire series uses subtitles. Youtube it.

Also, the terms "spin-off" or "side-game" refer to games that are in the same franchise, but have nothing to do with the actual story. KH 3D is a direct sequel to KH 2, so it's not by ANY means a spin-off or side-game. It's an extremely important game because it pretty much ends right where KH 3 starts, just like CoM did that with KH 2. But this time around, KH 3D is 10 times more important than CoM was.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
x-PerdxxBlade-x
Actually, yes, the main games DO use subtitles. EVERY single KH game in the entire series uses subtitles. Youtube it.

Also, the terms "spin-off" or "side-game" refer to games that are in the same franchise, but have nothing to do with the actual story. KH 3D is a direct sequel to KH 2, so it's not by ANY means a spin-off or side-game. It's an extremely important game because it pretty much ends right where KH 3 starts, just like CoM did that with KH 2. But this time around, KH 3D is 10 times more important than CoM was.

I was talking about subtitles as in "birth by sleep" not the fact that subtitles are used during cutscenes. confused

My complaint is that the narrative is being spread over multiple platforms. They're bad because they're not really side-games, they're all relevant and for many of us they are out of reach. I feel like I'm drowning and you guys are describing the water.

Rich Genius

Yoshpet
x-PerdxxBlade-x

I was talking about subtitles as in "birth by sleep" not the fact that subtitles are used during cutscenes. confused

My complaint is that the narrative is being spread over multiple platforms. They're bad because they're not really side-games, they're all relevant and for many of us they are out of reach. I feel like I'm drowning and you guys are describing the water.
Oh my bad haha.

Rich Genius

Yoshpet
x-PerdxxBlade-x

Also Birth By Sleep was really important to know too since it introduces the main enemy for KH 3 and explains a whole bunch of s**t. Like why Roxas looks like Ven, etc. and much more.
I can't wait until E3
We're just a month away and I'm pretty sure that we are getting the english trailer that day!

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
He So Flawless
I can't wait until E3
We're just a month away and I'm pretty sure that we are getting the english trailer that day!

Yea. If last year was nice, think about how this year is going to be

Rich Genius

He So Flawless
I can't wait until E3
Yup. It's confirmed. I CAN'T WAIT.

Rich Genius

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
x-PerdxxBlade-x
He So Flawless
I can't wait until E3
Yup. It's confirmed. I CAN'T WAIT.

i hope they go in depth about halo 4, black ops 2 and in the KHs

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
OMG!!! I just got Gameinformer magazine yesterday, KHDDD was in there, the developer was talking about pputing the first couple of KHs on other systems,. He didn't say which but i hope its the ds

Rich Genius

Roxas_ The Kool Guy
OMG!!! I just got Gameinformer magazine yesterday, KHDDD was in there, the developer was talking about pputing the first couple of KHs on other systems,. He didn't say which but i hope its the ds
Dude sweet! I can't wait....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces