Welcome to Gaia! ::

5200mike's Wife

6,050 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
I've been watching the gameplays for hours now. I'm on Kingdom Hearts II. How are the rest of the games that came out? emo sweatdrop blaugh 3nodding xd question

Tipsy Knight

iReidthadream
I've been watching the gameplays for hours now. I'm on Kingdom Hearts II. How are the rest of the games that came out? emo sweatdrop blaugh 3nodding xd question
Well as someone who has played every single Kingdom Hearts game released in the states they are all amazing. Sometimes the gameplay changes were weird between games but stories were always great. I particularly loved KH2 and Birth By Sleep.

Ruthless Rogue

Do Axel's Hips Lie?
Used to be a giant kingdom hearts fan. Emphasis on used

It was hard to keep up with all the console jumping the series did, but I managed to play most of them. I feel like they really screwed up with the story. Looking back at the plots it just seems like a ******** of "Everyone is inside Sora's heart and everyone is Xeanort, including Sora's heart"

Just seems like the more the series went on, the more convoluted the general plot became. They had a perfect premise with 1 where it was "The darkness preys on the human heart and turns people into shadows" and 2 was still fine because of "If someone loses their heart, their body stays behind". But then they added unbeings and whatever the dream monsters were called......it's a big mess.

imo of course.

Omnipresent Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Every game is beautiful.

Dapper Capitalist

3,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Gameplay of KH: enjoyable if tedious and repetitive at times.
Story of KH: Anime nonsense.

Smitten Kitten

16,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
I loved 1, replaying it now, and 2. I didn't really like the games for the DS/GBA that came out...

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Mock Pride
Used to be a giant kingdom hearts fan. Emphasis on used

It was hard to keep up with all the console jumping the series did, but I managed to play most of them. I feel like they really screwed up with the story. Looking back at the plots it just seems like a ******** of "Everyone is inside Sora's heart and everyone is Xeanort, including Sora's heart"

Just seems like the more the series went on, the more convoluted the general plot became. They had a perfect premise with 1 where it was "The darkness preys on the human heart and turns people into shadows" and 2 was still fine because of "If someone loses their heart, their body stays behind". But then they added unbeings and whatever the dream monsters were called......it's a big mess.

imo of course.

and alot of people would agree with exactly what you said.

the story became more and more convoluted for sad sake of just exapnding the series. one game in particular, 358/2 days shined simply as it added almost nothing to the story and literally created -spoilerX- where at the end, -spoilerX- didn't happen. like a dream almost.

KH is beginning to add alot of needless plotholes and 'twists' where it ruins rather than improves the story.

Wrathful Shade

They're all great... except for Chain of Memories, (as well as the Re: version), and Re: Coded. I really don't like those.

Quotable Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
The gameplay is great.
I like it alot.

As everyone else in this thread has said, the story DID become convoluted.
But I read that they did that in case Disney decided to quit before Kingdom Hearts III... or something like that?

I mean look at the cast of Original Characters / Square Enix chars.

Quotable Lunatic

7,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Geistly
Starlogical

For you.

A good read I suppose.

And also the system jumping.
Good thing I borrowed a friend's DS along with 358/2 Days, and another friend's PSP with KH BBS.
Now I just need to play KH 3D.

Fluffy Noob

I've only played KH: Recoded and I loved it.
biggrin DD
Haven't read any of the other post on here, so sorry if I am repeating stuff, but anyways Kingdom Hearts is my favorite series.
There seems to be a common misconception that the handheld games are spinoffs. This is wrong. They are very important to the story, play them all if you don't want to be confused. Except for Re: Coded. It's kind of important but just read the KH wikia page on it. The game sucks and isn't worth it, I only played it because I love the series and have to beat every game. Also, if you can, play Re: Chain of Memories instead of the GBA version. Basically the same thing, the controls are a lot better and obviously so are the graphics. I have too much to say about this game, just play them all and have fun o.o
Ahh I really wish I could have gotten a PS3 instead of a 360 so I could buy the HD remakes sad
I love this game play and easy equipment, story works fine but i never did play birth by sleep. so if it really ruins things i guess i will have to wait till 2.5 hd in December to play it. or recode, but im sure its fine. As i think most of those games are past events if it just picks up were sora left of they may just be brushed under the rug. So i just don't know.

I loved KH2 most of all, expect for the new arena rules. it added more, story, game play, levels , and the gummi ship levels i looked forward to kh2. My only complaint is the organization 13 was a lot more interesting once I learned more. The info on it was divided, true we learn most of the groups orgins, but not the inner workings. so kill so guy of it was just killing some different color heartless at time, so it talk it added nothing. Axel's attachment to roxas in kh2 after i finished 358/2 (i think thats the number) had such a great impact. i wish they hadn't hidden away moving and interesting things like that to different systems and games. If you got to relive some of roxas memories through out kh2, meeting the members would be different and what makes it so sad is it wouldn't have take much. Axel's death would be much sadder, or make more sense as to why he was willing to kill for some one we didn't really get to meet, but for a 1 minute. Boss fights would be more intense or helpful, sora gets his a** kick for the first round but than roxas memories kick in and he fights the guy on even term. Teh only memores we get back are the fake ones of roxas, its not terrible just so many opportunities wasted.

And i hated chain, story was good knowledge but it doesn't matter, literately the game made it filler as you kill anyone who would remember in the end and you lose all memories of the events any ways. Also card system sucked.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff