Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eternal Lunatic

I mean, if I have the figures, can I make Venom kick Mickey Mouse's Illuminati wizard a**? I'm not 100% sure how it works. It seems extremely gimmicky but I want Buzz Lightyear to go binge drinking with Tony Stark, or at least pretend they're binge drinking. I'm referring to the latest version of the game, I mean are the Marvel characters compatible with the other characters?

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I'm not exactly sure how it works with the Marvel additions, but first and foremost, you have to remember that this is a game marketed towards children. Everything is simplified to appeal to that demographic.

As far as gameplay is concerned, the story mode for each toybox world is fairly short and repetitive and you're doing a lot of the same thing, just in different amounts. Not all of the worlds feature genuine combat; in Monster's University, you can only stun enemies, whereas in Pirates of the Caribbean, there is actual combat. You cannot go into a toybox world with a character not from the set. So, Steve Rogers can't run around the Imcredibles world.

Multi-player is generally limited to the main toybox, which consists mainly of building things with structures you collect from the various worlds. This takes a lot of patience and imagination, since you're the one making up the activities. I'm not sure if you can do multi-player story line if you use characters from the same set.

Eternal Lunatic

Strawberry Requiem
I'm not exactly sure how it works with the Marvel additions, but first and foremost, you have to remember that this is a game marketed towards children. Everything is simplified to appeal to that demographic.

As far as gameplay is concerned, the story mode for each toybox world is fairly short and repetitive and you're doing a lot of the same thing, just in different amounts. Not all of the worlds feature genuine combat; in Monster's University, you can only stun enemies, whereas in Pirates of the Caribbean, there is actual combat. You cannot go into a toybox world with a character not from the set. So, Steve Rogers can't run around the Imcredibles world.

Multi-player is generally limited to the main toybox, which consists mainly of building things with structures you collect from the various worlds. This takes a lot of patience and imagination, since you're the one making up the activities. I'm not sure if you can do multi-player story line if you use characters from the same set.

Let's see... what I mainly want is to be able to put Iron Man on the same screen as Buzz Lightyear, and stuff like that. Are you sure this isn't possible in any type of toybox mode?

Thieving Sex Symbol

16,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100
General Kcuf Ffo
Are you sure this isn't possible in any type of toybox mode?

As far as I know, it would only work in multi-player and in the main toybox for the game, not one of the worlds that comes with the characters.

Eternal Lunatic

Strawberry Requiem
General Kcuf Ffo
Are you sure this isn't possible in any type of toybox mode?

As far as I know, it would only work in multi-player and in the main toybox for the game, not one of the worlds that comes with the characters.

PERFECT! That's exactly what I wanted. Do you think the current pedestal for the Xbox One version will work with Infinity 3.0? That one is either rumored or confirmed to have Star Wars characters...

Sparkly Conversationalist

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • First step to fame 200
If you use them in Toybox then you can use whatever characters you'd like.
The characters from 1.0 is completely compatible with the 2.0 game/toybox.

But the old playsets aren't compatible.

Eternal Lunatic

Monique Smiling

Fair enough, all I want to do is combine them ******** in the toybox. Can you make them fight each other?

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • First step to fame 200
General Kcuf Ffo
Monique Smiling

Fair enough, all I want to do is combine them ******** in the toybox. Can you make them fight each other?

If you and another person each are controlling a characters you can fight eachother.
There's also an ability tier which you can use to lvl up the characters for more powers, attack damage etc.

Eternal Lunatic

Monique Smiling
General Kcuf Ffo
Monique Smiling

If you and another person each are controlling a characters you can fight eachother.
There's also an ability tier which you can use to lvl up the characters for more powers, attack damage etc.

Ah okay. So I can't make the computer control any of them?

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • First step to fame 200
General Kcuf Ffo
Monique Smiling
General Kcuf Ffo
Monique Smiling

I'm pretty sure you can't. But there's enemies that you can beat up.
But you could play online and do it that way? smile

Eternal Lunatic

Monique Smiling
General Kcuf Ffo
Monique Smiling
General Kcuf Ffo
Monique Smiling

I'm pretty sure you can't. But there's enemies that you can beat up.
But you could play online and do it that way? smile

Ah, perhaps. In the toybox are you able to take enemies and elements from older Disney and the Marvel characters? My main focus is how much can be, well, mixed together.

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • First step to fame 200
General Kcuf Ffo
Ah, perhaps. In the toybox are you able to take enemies and elements from older Disney and the Marvel characters? My main focus is how much can be, well, mixed together.

When you use 1.0 characters in the toybox of 2.0 you unlock the things you got in the old game with them. You can also collect sparks and buy old enemies etc. for the toybox. You basically can get anything from the 1.0 experience (except playset playability).

Eternal Lunatic

Monique Smiling
General Kcuf Ffo

When you use 1.0 characters in the toybox of 2.0 you unlock the things you got in the old game with them. You can also collect sparks and buy old enemies etc. for the toybox. You basically can get anything from the 1.0 experience (except playset playability).

Ah okay! But still some things that may have originated from those playsets? In your own crazy mash-up land and whatnot...

Well, that sums up all of my questions more or less! My only remaining one is... Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars - is it confirmed, or just rumored? Because adding Darth Vader to the party would be legendary.

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • First step to fame 200
General Kcuf Ffo
Monique Smiling
General Kcuf Ffo

Ah okay! But still some things that may have originated from those playsets? In your own crazy mash-up land and whatnot...

Well, that sums up all of my questions more or less! My only remaining one is... Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars - is it confirmed, or just rumored? Because adding Darth Vader to the party would be legendary.

Yeah you get stuff from the playsets with you too. Characters, buildings etc.etc. smile

Rumour smile
But I can say this much that if you collect all the characters in Disney Infinity 1.0 you unlock a lightsaber, so I bet the rumour isn't so much off wink

Eternal Lunatic

Monique Smiling
General Kcuf Ffo
Monique Smiling
General Kcuf Ffo

Yeah you get stuff from the playsets with you too. Characters, buildings etc.etc. smile

Rumour smile
But I can say this much that if you collect all the characters in Disney Infinity 1.0 you unlock a lightsaber, so I bet the rumour isn't so much off wink

Oh yeah! I saw that. Can you use the lightsaber in 2.0 at all?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff