Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
So I'm producing some videos that critically review video games, the first ones of which will be about Drakengard and Drakengard 3. But rather than just examine one video game per episode that people may or may not have played, I also want to cover some broad topics. For example, Errant Signal made a video talking about politics in video games, and TotalBiscuit made a video about what he thinks defines a video game (in his case, there has to be a failure state that tests the player in some way).

Any suggestions for what topics to discuss? I'd rather they can be applied to more than one game, that way viewers won't feel left out on what they never got around to trying out.
i suggest not making any videos.
The continuation & relevance of console wars. Which doesn't exactly pertain to any specific "video game". The purchasing of used games that have been around since the Atari 2800 but now people are finally 'doing' a thing about it. People act like developer will go out of business if a few hundred people buy their game used. Personally, unless it's a niche/Japanese game I don't see the issue. If people buy a game like Call of Duty (which has been proven to sell like hotcakes) used instead of getting it new after release I don't see the problem.

Need I mention, that GameStop isn't the only company now getting on the USED/Pre-Order bus? You've also got Amazon, BestBuy, Target, Ebay, Wal-Mart etc. All that are taking in traded games, sell used and take pre-orders? The end of "used" games would mean a big hit to all of these companies and more that I haven't even listed. Then you have those games that I even doubt developers make a huge profit on like those really old games from 6 or 7 years ago huge mountains of shovelware/casual games come to mind.

Then you have games without a developer like Kingdoms of Amalur, Murdered Soul Suspect, etc.

EDITED
Normally I don't encourage people making videos about games because pretty much everything's been done by better people already but if you are gonna talk about something, and I assume no one on this forum would be able to stop you anyway, then pick something that isn't horribly overdone or at least causes some amount of critical thinking in your audience.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff