Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
I'm in a bind here, and i'm not sure what to do... I'm saving up for a new computer because i can't play games worth a crap on this one... at the rate i'm earning money i may have enough in 3 weeks to buy it, and i'll get it in another 2 weeks...

Problem is, there are some REALLY badass games out...

First off, there's Borderlands two, Which, if i dont get soon everyone and the grandmother will have beaten and co-op won't be as fun...

The there's Dishonored... which looks like a wonderful single palyer experience that i was to try out! (although it's goodness will be preserve throughout the years...)

I have money at Gamestop right now, so i could get either of these on the 360 if i decide i can't wait... but i've been choosing PC games over 360 games because i enjoy a keyboard and mouse a bit more, especially for shooters. So should i splurge and get one of these games on the 360? or wait until i get a new computer and play it there?

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Wait for a new comp.
A computer, a long-term investment that will reward you for years, vs. the latest AAA title that will only keep its novelty until the next game comes out and everyone starts raving about that one.

There will always be another title a month later that you can buy and be a part of the community, especially with November and the Christmas season coming soon.

Hilarious Noob

Archaix_the_Ghast v2
A computer, a long-term investment that will reward you for years, vs. the latest AAA title that will only keep its novelty until the next game comes out and everyone starts raving about that one.

There will always be another title a month later that you can buy and be a part of the community, especially with November and the Christmas season coming soon.

Agreed 100%
Nomps
Archaix_the_Ghast v2

Agreed 100%

Pretty much this. I second Archaix_the_Ghast v2's statement.

WHY SUCH A LONG NAME?! scream

Friendly Fairy

Your point about the co-op in Borderlands 2 not being as fun when everyone gets bored of the game is valid (I would think). If that's a crucial thing for you, then maybe drop a few bucks on that game first. It'll delay your getting a new computer by like, what, a week at most?

Mega Man-Lover

9,975 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hygienic 200
Well, considering how Borderlands 2 is $60 and I'm assuming the rate you work makes you more than that, I say just get Borderlands 2 to play with your buddies on the Xbox and keep working to get that new computer.

Also, I'm hoping you're building it up from scratch, right? Not buying a factory-built one at Best Buy, right?

Shirtless Raider

Splurge on 360 games, at least you have an option to pay a new price or you can cheap your way out and buy preowned (<- favorite option)

Cultist

Save up for a computer. You'll be much happier with it.

Devoted Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
midnitevil

The problem isnt really saving up for the computer, i have money at Gamestop in preorders that i coudl put down for any game, but the question is do i want to buy the game for 360 NOW while it's still popular and new, or wait for my new computer to get here so i can buy it for the computer instead, even though most everyone else will be done with it by then.

Cultist

Starfox64x
midnitevil

The problem isnt really saving up for the computer, i have money at Gamestop in preorders that i coudl put down for any game, but the question is do i want to buy the game for 360 NOW while it's still popular and new, or wait for my new computer to get here so i can buy it for the computer instead, even though most everyone else will be done with it by then.

If you have gamestop money, then buy it for Xbox now. Doesn't sound like you would use that money for anything else anyway

Devoted Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
midnitevil
Starfox64x
midnitevil

If you have gamestop money, then buy it for Xbox now. Doesn't sound like you would use that money for anything else anyway

Well if i had a choice, i'd try to put it into Steam giftcards to purchase them on there, if i can't do that, i'd put them on some 3DS games (god knows my 3DS library needs an update...)

Cultist

Starfox64x
midnitevil
Starfox64x
midnitevil

Well if i had a choice, i'd try to put it into Steam giftcards to purchase them on there, if i can't do that, i'd put them on some 3DS games (god knows my 3DS library needs an update...)

Which would you enjoy more? B2 on 360? or 3rd games?

Devoted Explorer

7,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
midnitevil
Starfox64x
midnitevil
Starfox64x
midnitevil

I dunno, It would either be some enjoyment now, later, or MUCH later... so i have no idea.

Cultist

Starfox64x
midnitevil
Starfox64x
midnitevil
Starfox64x
midnitevil

I dunno, It would either be some enjoyment now, later, or MUCH later... so i have no idea.

I'd go with the second option, but that's just me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff