i miss them too.
i hardly use cheat codes and game sharks these days

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Silver Highlights
You know when you're at a menu and you enter Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A to make something neat happen? I don't see much modern games do that these days. Or at least the games that I am aware of, so please correct me of any games whose cheat codes I do not know of. But seriously, I kinda miss entering cheat codes because it's like casting a magic spell to unlock secrets of the universe. And said secrets could be new modes, minigames, new characters, weird perks, etc. Nowadays some games that I see who put "cheats" are simply unlockables that you toggle on/off after achievements/in-game currency.

If it makes you feel any better, the recently released Shovel Knight has literally 300 cheat codes that can be activated by way of using different character names when starting a new file....

Yacht Club Games really went all-out on the quality of this game; it's a homage to everything that was RIGHT with the primarily-2D-era of platformer-adventure games...

Lupine Gatekeeper

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Gaian 50
man the last time I remember putting cheat codes in for anything was on the master system to make Alex the kid easiyer ( yeah I know razz ) that and I also rembmer on the mega drive if you had sonic and knuckles 3 and put in Sonic the heghog in the top you'd end up with a really cool little mini game running round collecting the blue orbs. And if you put in Sonic 2 you could run around the game as knuckles and DESTROY everything. Man thouse where the days.
I just got Marvel Vs Capcom on the dreamcast and had to input a code for gold war machine and roll mrgreen

Shirtless Sex Symbol

Same here. I remember the days of going to Blockbuster and instantly going online to see the cheats of whatever game I had for the week or so. Sucked to get one that had only guides available, made me so much less interested lol
has anyone here used a game shark?

Distinct Bear

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
Totally agree. The last game where I was able to have post story quality cheat fun was Saints Row 3 and 4.

Blaming the introduction of achievements for it though. Can't have fun anymore because people want e-peen so bad and developers don't want to code in turning achievements off during it. Sad devolution.

Distinct Bear

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
Jin-Andrews

Yeah, but that requires purchasing one and risking corruption of games if you get the wrong codes.

People just want the quick and easy built in cheats that are save file friendly.
The Real Neoxis
Jin-Andrews

Yeah, but that requires purchasing one and risking corruption of games if you get the wrong codes.

People just want the quick and easy built in cheats that are save file friendly.

the last game shark i bought was for my old ps2. xp
there was one time when i used game shark codes for a pokemon game in a game boy advance emulator. all my pokemon turned into bad eggs upon using the codes. xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff