Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Creature

Reno Takamiya
I've only done that once for Tales of Vesperia's first boss Gattuso. That said, I shouldn't have to switch the difficulty from 'Normal' to 'Easy' just to beat the first boss in a JRPG. The only other Tales boss I hate is in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of The New World and it's Decus & Alice together. Difficulty settings are there for a reason. And that reason is to make the game easier or harder depending on the player. Switching them to a higher or lower setting doesn't make you any less of a gamer or ousted to be a cheater. My point being, you shouldn't feel like a cheater and/or ashamed for having to switch the in-game difficulty lower to progress.

Omg that's another game I have trouble with. We only got a 360 last Christmas and it's a family room system so I don't play often. But I'm currently stuck on the fish monster boss in the chunks of ice area. It's my first more modern Tales game. The battles just seem not as smooth and way harder than Symphonia or TotA.

Kawaii Pyromaniac

Naya Merai
La Dame Lut
The only downside is that you miss out on the badge for beating all bosses on Normal (unless you go back later). On the other hand, I don't have it either, so I'm not one to talk anyway.

I'll go back then whenever I'm stronger.
I think even when I went back for the conditional drops I was still playing on Casual. Not to mention that Casual =/= easier; some of the side/quest bosses are still plenty difficult (I'm looking at the Baboon King and Chameleon King in particular).

elms love's Princess

i wouldn't say its a bad thing
sometimes certain missions are just out of your skill level for that difficulty and you just wanna move on, i do it all the time ;o;

Magical Shounen

6,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
pointless thread.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Japantsu
pointless thread.

pointless post.

Eloquent Muse

Unless you imputed cheats to help you like I did for Legend of Legaia's final boss on the Playstation. Games aren't meant to be stressed over.

Space Werewolf

I used the missingno dupe glitch so many times in Pokemon Blue, and the box-switch dupe glitch in Silver. That's about it for non-PC stuff.

Do mods count? I frequently use mods to make things easier or less frustrating. Skipping the Fade in Dragon Age, lots of Torchlight 2 mods, tweaking Mount and Blade, a Skyrim mod that lets me break down equipment into ingots. I've used console commands in Elder Scrolls games to speed things along (tcl-flying over to fortresses and up to the top floor to grab Sigils in Oblivion; giving myself lots of iron ingots so I can have a pretty house in Skyrim) when I can't find a mod that I want.

...for me it really depends on whether or not the game cares about, or can detect, cheating/etc. I'm not going to turn on wizardmode when I get myself into problems in Dungeon Crawl, for example.

Magical Shounen

6,850 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
xLiemx
Japantsu
pointless thread.

pointless post.
wow great insult, i r8 8/8!

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points