Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mir Teiwaz
Lazarous
Really? Crossover? In this day and age, what NIC doesn't automatically translate over a straight cat5?
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

The original XBOX didn't, as far as I can remember.

I always had to use a hub or a router because we never had a crossover cable.

The Original Xbox did do this actually. though normally it was safer to use a hub/switch.
DEM0N1337
Mir Teiwaz
Lazarous
Really? Crossover? In this day and age, what NIC doesn't automatically translate over a straight cat5?

The Original Xbox did do this actually. though normally it was safer to use a hub/switch.
Actually a causal google search regarding the original Xbox system link cable reveals it was in fact a crossover and not a standard RJ45 via everything from product reviews to alternate options recommended via product matches.
Dampylle
DEM0N1337
Mir Teiwaz
Lazarous

Actually a causal google search regarding the original Xbox system link cable reveals it was in fact a crossover and not a standard RJ45 via everything from product reviews to alternate options recommended via product matches.

Considering i owned 2 of them and did weekly LAN parties with and without hub/switch they did in fact do that.

Chatty Fatcat

10,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Big Tipper 100
Go get some ethernet cables and your good to go. They are cheap.

Supercharged Sex Symbol

You need some CAT5 network cables to connect the systems through a gateway, which means you also need a router or switch.

Directly connecting the systems does not work as far as I know (experience).

5,750 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Informer 100
now i'm confused

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items