Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mir Teiwaz
AphAsian
An example similar to OP's point, there are tons of people who post around reddit often who try to claim that not only Destiny is a horrible game, but it was a waste of their money.

Those same people have gotten 100+ hours of gameplay from it though.

I don't understand people's idea of a game not being "worth the money" when they successfully invested 100+ hours into it. Either the game was actually somewhat enjoyable for them to continue playing for so long, or they're masochists who enjoy wasting hours upon hours on something they don't even enjoy.
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

It's called trying to justify that they dropped $60 to preorder a game that didn't turn out to be like what they wanted.
AKA : "I'm going to play this ******** videogame and If it does not meet every expectation I've ever had for a single thing in my entire life and meets those expectations in the way that I want them to be met I'm going to be super angry."

In the end, entertainment is entertainment. It's not like those people bought / watched an 2 hour movie and was upset that they wasted their $30 dollars on it. They bought a $60 dollar video game and was able to receive hundreds of hours of entertainment from it, which is a good deal. Yes, Destiny didn't turn out to be everything they wanted, but money to time ratio, it was a good investment that kept them entertained even if they now wonder "why" they played it for so long.

I'd like to believe that people are reasonable enough to know when a game isn't fun or enjoyable, and thus won't spend hundreds of hours playing it. I didn't like both of the last Call of Duty's that came out. I didn't spend more than 10 hours on either of them. Probably combined.

Demonic Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I wasn't having fun with xbox. So going back to Nintendo games...those were fun.

Eternal Gatekeeper

Their own bitter disappointment and dissatisfaction in life are translated into a video game that they have no responsibility for, allowing them to b***h freely without guilt.

A game is a GAME. An entertaining diversion, not a way of life. If you get your panties in a bunch over the small, insignificant glitches bound to happen in a game, created by imperfect humans, you're only justifying your own unhappiness.

*goes to play Saints Row 3*
<3

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWeen shellan yorra accroad mea, sarla oz enne.
Titil yehah, presia yorr wis yehah, presia yanje.

I haven't had more fun with a video game than the time I spent playing Ar noSurge back in September.

Easily my game of the year.

Perfect Lover

11,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
twilightROT
Their own bitter disappointment and dissatisfaction in life are translated into a video game that they have no responsibility for, allowing them to b***h freely without guilt.

A game is a GAME. An entertaining diversion, not a way of life. If you get your panties in a bunch over the small, insignificant glitches bound to happen in a game, created by imperfect humans, you're only justifying your own unhappiness.

*goes to play Saints Row 3*
<3

Have you met the mayor of stillwater, yet?
It's pretty great.
Gamers are NEVER happy.

Lavish Husband

I play games for games.

Rarely ever do I nitpick, because I know I might as well like what I just dropped 30-50 bucks on.

Not saying I ignore issues, I just don't seek them out.
Actually, more people enjoy video games than ever before. With the introduction of consoles that are somewhat multimedia devices as well, and a wider range of games, there is now worldwide acceptance of video games. Whereas years ago, the stereotypical gamer was a 30-year-old male that sat on his a** in his parents basement. The ratio of genders of gamers is almost 50:50. Professional racing drivers now use video games such as Gran Turismo to help perfect their skills. I've seen the introduction of Nintendo Wiis in nursing homes to give the elderly something to do.

However, what I think you mean is we are criticizing games more now, and in an age where the world is connected via social media, it's sooo easy to criticize. Personally, I miss the days where we didn't talk video games online as much, when walkthroughs and cheats weren't available online and we had to buy magazines or hint-books. stressed
ChocolatexDoll
Gamers are NEVER happy.

Are you quite sure? I've had plenty of gaming experiences that have made me happy.
Foolinqs
ChocolatexDoll
Gamers are NEVER happy.

Are you quite sure? I've had plenty of gaming experiences that have made me happy.

I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be a generalization.

We live in an age where a person will spend months recording and editing hours of footage where they talk about how bad a certain video game is, and where someone will send a man death threats because he tweeted about how the company he worked for was changing the firing rates on some weapons in some online first person shooter.

Yeah, there are still people having fun, and if you're one of them, then good on you. But there's also a lot of vitriol too.

Loyal Paladin

Seems that way. But I've never known anyone like that, nor am I that way myself. Otherwise I wouldn't be playing Infinite Undiscovery still.

Dangerous Raider

5,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
A lot of gamers these days have a lot of expectations. They seem to forget the hours/months/years people put into their games. burning_eyes
Classic example of...
"My opinion is fact that applies to everyone."
and the typical full retard "gamer" we have to deal with now a days.
It makes me sad how people latch to self titles because their lives are so empty they have to fill them with labels.
Maltese_Falcon91
Foolinqs
ChocolatexDoll
Gamers are NEVER happy.

I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be a generalization.

We live in an age where a person will spend months recording and editing hours of footage where they talk about how bad a certain video game is, and where someone will send a man death threats because he tweeted about how the company he worked for was changing the firing rates on some weapons in some online first person shooter.

Yeah, there are still people having fun, and if you're one of them, then good on you. But there's also a lot of vitriol too.

Of course those things are going to happen, we're all connected to social media now. But it's wrong to generalise ALL gamers as the problem. That stuff doesn't only happen with video games. Also, those YouTube videos aren't made purposely made to put down a game, they're made so viewers can decide whether they would want to make the purchase themselves. What, do you want them to lie and not give their honest opinion? Lets not eliminate all critique. As for the death threat, as I mentioned before it doesn't only happen in the video game industry, yes it's very unfortunate but definitely doesn't make it right to point the finger and gamers.
YellowArcadian
A lot of gamers these days have a lot of expectations. They seem to forget the hours/months/years people put into their games. burning_eyes

I'm so very glad you said a lot of gamers instead of all gamers. You're very right, people do tend to forget all the time and effort that was put towards developing a game.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff