10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
XBalmung
Soooooooo...is this game worth $60?

Yes.
A thousand times, yes.
And with new character, weapon, and Scenario DLC on the way, the value is only going to get bigger.
The story isn't the best but for what it's worth, it's a good tale.
The Adventure Mode is also challenging and fun.

I've also recently unlocked Hero Mode, so I might go through that soon to earn better weapons.

Invisible Hunter

11,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
smashbrolink
XBalmung

Yes.
A thousand times, yes.
And with new character, weapon, and Scenario DLC on the way, the value is only going to get bigger.

I've also recently unlocked Hero Mode, so I might go through that soon to earn better weapons.

So how exactly does Adventure Mode work? I've seen short bits about it, but I was a bit confused based on how it was presented. Do you move around on the 8-bit world map and select areas to go then switch to the "Dynasty Warriors" mode and complete whatever challenge is presented in that area? Or is it something completely different?

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
XBalmung
smashbrolink
XBalmung

Yes.
A thousand times, yes.

So how exactly does Adventure Mode work? I've seen short bits about it, but I was a bit confused based on how it was presented. Do you move around on the 8-bit world map and select areas to go then switch to the "Dynasty Warriors" mode and complete whatever challenge is presented in that area? Or is it something completely different?

It works just like you imagined; The 8-bit map is a representation of various challenges, and when you select a challenge it goes into Warriors mode just like in the story mode.
While on that map, though, you can check details about the challenge as well as whether or not there's a secret on that particular square.
You gain special item cards through clearing the challenges, then you can use those item cards to unlock additional rewards in that challenge, which you can then earn by completing the challenge again.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
XBalmung

It's worth $160! But they'll give it to you for $100 off.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
XBalmung
smashbrolink
XBalmung

Yes.
A thousand times, yes.

The 8-bit screen is really just a map. You go to a given square, and take on the challenge presented, It could be to simply survive to defeat a certain enemy (Like Volga or Wizzro), or to kill so many enemies in a certain amount of time...Stuff like that.

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Minako Suzumi
Zolgear
Minako Suzumi

That's quite the accurate Lana cosplay you have there. Nicely done.

I'm really liking this game. I can't help but swap to Adventure mode in order to get my warriors as powerful as they can be to run through story mode. So many unlockables!

Thank you very much!! I really like Lana, and i couldnt ressist making an avi cosplay of her n_n

And yeah!! There are so many unlockables, but i didnt tackled adventure mode until i finished Leyends mode, im sure you can tackle it with no problems :3

Lana's definitely in my top 3. I'm more partial to Link and Zelda, but I like Lana, too. Especially that Special where she wall jumps. XD Priceless.

But I think Zelda is my absolute favorite. Her combos are deadly, and she moves fast. Kinda makes me wonder why she's been a Damzel in Distress, all this time...

Basically, I'm partial to the fast movers, more than the heavy hitters. Certainly not a huge fan of Midna's gameplay mechanics, but it works, I guess.

Dedicated Kitten

8,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100
black_wing_angel
Minako Suzumi
Zolgear
Minako Suzumi

I'm really liking this game. I can't help but swap to Adventure mode in order to get my warriors as powerful as they can be to run through story mode. So many unlockables!

Thank you very much!! I really like Lana, and i couldnt ressist making an avi cosplay of her n_n

And yeah!! There are so many unlockables, but i didnt tackled adventure mode until i finished Leyends mode, im sure you can tackle it with no problems :3

Lana's definitely in my top 3. I'm more partial to Link and Zelda, but I like Lana, too. Especially that Special where she wall jumps. XD Priceless.

But I think Zelda is my absolute favorite. Her combos are deadly, and she moves fast. Kinda makes me wonder why she's been a Damzel in Distress, all this time...

Basically, I'm partial to the fast movers, more than the heavy hitters. Certainly not a huge fan of Midna's gameplay mechanics, but it works, I guess.

I dont like zelda a lot n_nU i think im not much into her moveset, or maybe is just because i have only used her 1 time..... In the final battle of leyends..... And i wiped a lot..... And i blamed her e_e

Im really into Lana's weapons a lot, and im looking foward for the DLC of Cia as well, but adventure mode makes you play all the chars, so you gotta know your moves with everyone, im glad i didnt touch it until i finished leyend mode n_n

Conservative Bookworm

6,200 Points
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Timely Contributor 100
I've literally been playing it since Friday and I've slept a grand total of seven hours in the passed two days.

It's really good. I've finished Legend Mode and I'm growing rather bored of Adventure mode, having unlocked every currently available character crying

Regardless, I love it so much. Totally worth what I payed 4laugh

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Minako Suzumi
black_wing_angel
Minako Suzumi
Zolgear
Minako Suzumi

I dont like zelda a lot n_nU i think im not much into her moveset, or maybe is just because i have only used her 1 time..... In the final battle of leyends..... And i wiped a lot..... And i blamed her e_e

The final stretch of the game, I exclusively used Link, because it just seemed fitting. But then I went back in the final stage, and used Zelda, and while her strength wasn't exactly comparable to Link's (because she's at least 5 levels below him, is all), I still found little difficulty in wiping the floor with the forces of evil. Especially since, this time around, I already knew what all was coming.

Quote:
Im really into Lana's weapons a lot, and im looking foward for the DLC of Cia as well, but adventure mode makes you play all the chars, so you gotta know your moves with everyone, im glad i didnt touch it until i finished leyend mode n_n

I did 1 battle. It was ok. but I'm not overly impressed.

Although Free Mode has some fun potential, such as

Defeating Zelda with Zelda, so that Shiek can reveal that SHE is Zelda. xd

Versatile Receiver

Psychomore

dis game

so I got to the point where you unlock Ganondorf and then decided to go to Adventure Mode.
I really gotta say.
They did a real good job on the feel of the different characters, and it feels great to play as them.
Hell I even like playing as Fi, and I haaated her in Skyward Sword haha

My only complaint is how much all the "Zelda" stuff stops the flow of battle.
I'll be running to get somewhere fast and WHOOPS GOTTA WATCH A CUTSCENE TO SEE WHATS HAPPENING
And then opening a chest just stops the game to do the same thing.
They really, really need to work on that with Zelda in general because it slows the normal games down, but holy s**t is it more noticable in a frantic game like this.

But really overall I am loving this. This is the kind of thing that Zelda really needed.

gaia_nitemareleft emotion_bigheart gaia_nitemareright
It's even worse in multiplayer.

My partner was in the middle of a combo and then I took a keep with a fairy in it and the entire game stops for both people just to show the fairy that I was standing literally a step away from float down into the middle of the keep. thanks game, I know, and now Ganon's combo is RUINED

I AM R U's Spouse

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
REGINA SPEKT0R
Psychomore

dis game

so I got to the point where you unlock Ganondorf and then decided to go to Adventure Mode.
I really gotta say.
They did a real good job on the feel of the different characters, and it feels great to play as them.
Hell I even like playing as Fi, and I haaated her in Skyward Sword haha

My only complaint is how much all the "Zelda" stuff stops the flow of battle.
I'll be running to get somewhere fast and WHOOPS GOTTA WATCH A CUTSCENE TO SEE WHATS HAPPENING
And then opening a chest just stops the game to do the same thing.
They really, really need to work on that with Zelda in general because it slows the normal games down, but holy s**t is it more noticable in a frantic game like this.

But really overall I am loving this. This is the kind of thing that Zelda really needed.

gaia_nitemareleft emotion_bigheart gaia_nitemareright
It's even worse in multiplayer.

My partner was in the middle of a combo and then I took a keep with a fairy in it and the entire game stops for both people just to show the fairy that I was standing literally a step away from float down into the middle of the keep. thanks game, I know, and now Ganon's combo is RUINED

To be fair, I like how all the good characters take special care to open the chests, but Ganondorf just kicks the damn thing open. xd

Dedicated Kitten

8,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100
black_wing_angel
Minako Suzumi
black_wing_angel
Minako Suzumi
Zolgear

The final stretch of the game, I exclusively used Link, because it just seemed fitting. But then I went back in the final stage, and used Zelda, and while her strength wasn't exactly comparable to Link's (because she's at least 5 levels below him, is all), I still found little difficulty in wiping the floor with the forces of evil. Especially since, this time around, I already knew what all was coming.

Quote:

I did 1 battle. It was ok. but I'm not overly impressed.

Although Free Mode has some fun potential, such as

Defeating Zelda with Zelda, so that Shiek can reveal that SHE is Zelda. xd

The first battles of adventure more seem easy.... Then you pray for a sucessful A rank for unlockables everytime n_nU

Hallowed Wench

I'm enjoying the crap out of the game, nice change of pace. Not very far in it though, don't get much time to play video games during the day.
I'm having tons of fun. I really wanted to play as Lana, Midna, and Zelda. Lana's design is super cute, Midna's laugh makes playing crazy fun, and I love Zelda's speedy gameplay. In an industry that occasionally tries to cut from the game to sell it to players for more later, it's nice to see a game that's already rich and full in content without said DLC. It makes upcoming downloadable content feel like an addition, rather than feel cheap.

I'm looking forward to Adventure Mode, though. Gotta complete it all.

Dedicated Kitten

8,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Timid 100
dapperlace
I'm having tons of fun. I really wanted to play as Lana, Midna, and Zelda. Lana's design is super cute, Midna's laugh makes playing crazy fun, and I love Zelda's speedy gameplay. In an industry that occasionally tries to cut from the game to sell it to players for more later, it's nice to see a game that's already rich and full in content without said DLC. It makes upcoming downloadable content feel like an addition, rather than feel cheap.

I'm looking forward to Adventure Mode, though. Gotta complete it all.

Good luck with adventure mode!!!

Some misions really push you to the limit to achieve those A ranks, i havent played it in co op, but i want to believe its a bit easy that way

But i wanna try to do it everything alone :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces