Welcome to Gaia! ::

So the announcement of smash bros for 3ds/2ds made me think.."Awesome! Can't wait to beat the s**t out of my friends on the handheld version!" Then I remembered how hardcore we played melee and brawl, not to mentioned the gamecube controllers that we've gone through on smash bros alone.

So, now I'm worried the 3ds's wont be as durable to handle all of that intense button smashing and and constant use. Are these really built to handle games like smash bros? Your thoughts?

Basatan's Waifu

User Image

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Distinct Bear

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
I'm thinking the same thing about wear and tear on the 3DS. Hopefully the lack of needing to push that hard on them (mainly the shoulders with the Gamecube) will be able to keep everything in shape.
If your one of those crazy people that twist and punch their controllers into oblivion, then I feel bad you son.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Sounds like a gender related problem... I never managed to get any controller broken and neither do any of my female friends... But as for my male friends, and the guys I see complaining about this a lot online, they usually go through a couple of controllers throughout the console's life... Even the ones still functioning have worn out analog sticks (the soft layer is just completely gone)... You'll just need to use your controllers/handhelds more delicately... That way they won't break... cat_neutral
YunaSama
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Sounds like a gender related problem... I never managed to get any controller broken and neither do any of my female friends... But as for my male friends, and the guys I see complaining about this a lot online, they usually go through a couple of controllers throughout the console's life... Even the ones still functioning have worn out analog sticks (the soft layer is just completely gone)... You'll just need to use your controllers/handhelds more delicately... That way they won't break... cat_neutral

Y- You really think so?

My original release day Gamecube controller still works fine, albeit the joystick is a bit wobbly and this is after what feels like a thousand hours of Melee.
But both my Wiimote nunchucks and three 360 controllers I have, have joystick issues...
I'd like to think they just don't make them like they used to or Nintendo had a very durable control,
cause I'm usually not really rough with my things.. And every single one still has the soft layer on it...

Still, seeing how many people (mostly males) handle fighting games, it doesn't surprise me how beat up these controllers end up.
I can certainly say Skullgirls, Soul Calibur and Injustice messed up my more recent two year old 360 controller.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Aevum Noir
YunaSama

Y- You really think so?

My original release day Gamecube controller still works fine, albeit the joystick is a bit wobbly and this is after what feels like a thousand hours of Melee.
But both my Wiimote nunchucks and three 360 controllers I have, have joystick issues...
I'd like to think they just don't make them like they used to or Nintendo had a very durable control,
cause I'm usually not really rough with my things.. And every single one still has the soft layer on it...

Still, seeing how many people (mostly males) handle fighting games, it doesn't surprise me how beat up these controllers end up.
I can certainly say Skullgirls, Soul Calibur and Injustice messed up my more recent two year old 360 controller.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Well, compared to other controllers I've used throughout my life... The GameCube one is pretty sturdy in my opinion... Nintendo really did a great job on that one... cat_3nodding

Fashionable Lunatic

instead of talking s**t about nintendo maybe you should meet me in the park in nintendogs and we'll sort this out like MEN

Dedicated Loiterer

If you're worried about breaking it get a 2ds, they're made for little kids so they're basically just bricks with screens.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Hidden Gnomes
instead of talking s**t about nintendo maybe you should meet me in the park in nintendogs and we'll sort this out like MEN

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Relax! He's not talking s**t about anything (though the title is somewhat misleading)... He's just asking a normal question about the durability of the 3DS... He's worried he'll end up wrecking it somehow because he's also kinda rough with controllers... The same question would've most likely popped up if he were to plan on buying a PSP/PS Vita as well... cat_sweatdrop

Fashionable Lunatic

YunaSama
Hidden Gnomes

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Relax! He's not talking s**t about anything (though the title is somewhat misleading)... He's just asking a normal question about the durability of the 3DS... He's worried he'll end up wrecking it somehow because he's also kinda rough with controllers... The same question would've most likely popped up if he were to plan on buying a PSP/PS Vita as well... cat_sweatdrop
if you're so ready to fight me why don't we have a frisbee contest and i'll show you what's what

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Hidden Gnomes
YunaSama
Hidden Gnomes

if you're so ready to fight me why don't we have a frisbee contest and i'll show you what's what

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.That actually sounds like fun~! cat_smile

Tipsy Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Stop throwing your controller when you lose and they'd probably last a lot longer.

Lightbringer

No matter what you do, you will never be as hardcore as this dude

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
YunaSama

Yeah I got a new gamecube controller through amazon less than a year ago and the soft layer is completely gone now. I have soft girl hands and I've gone through two gamecube controllers already, so I don't think it's gender related.

If you're a casual gamer of course your controllers are going to last longer because you have no idea what an intense match is.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff