Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
Me and my good friend got on the subject of Harvest Moon games yesterday and it has seemed to come up a lot recently. So, I just went out and bought Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon, and im kinda waiting to start up on it. Harvest Moon has been one of my favorite game series of all times, and im actually planning on starting back up on it.

Discuss:
Harvest Moon
Great simulation games.

Entrepreneur

Amg don't get me started about this whole entire game...Harvest moon in general is my overall favorite game right next to Zelda, I need to start playing it once again, I even love the older ones from like the 90s. ; o ;

Friendly Citizen

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
I love Harvest Moon. ^.^
I'm waiting for the new 3DS one to be released in the US.
It let's you fully customize your player.

Naughty Nerd

15,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • That One Hero 500
  • Threadmaster 200
I myself love the harvest moon games : D
I have been playing Tale of Two Towns for a while now, I love the idea they had with it, I would recommend it to anyone.
Hai~ Long time no see. You probably don't remember me, but oh well~. I saw "Harvest moon" and i just HAD to say something. xD

I've loved The Harvest Moon series for as long as i can remember. Some of the few i really loved were More Friends of Mineral Town, Animal Parade, and the Rune Factory series.<3

I liked More Friends of Mineral Town because the heart events were so sweet. Even the rival's heart evens had me going "Awwww...". And the holidays were cool.

Animal parade was awesome!(Except for the Calvin glitch) The format of Harmonica town is so unique. The only thing that i hate is that they made walking around from district to district take FOREVER. The maps are huge and the long routes are a bit unecessary. >o<

The Rune Factory series is, in my opinion, one of the best game series that Natsume has come up with. It's like Harvest Moon, but just cooler. You get to raise and fight monsters,fight boss levels,have an adorable protagonist, and an amazing story line. You can marry and have kids too. <3 Get Rune Factory Tides of Destiny. It's worth it.

The only things i hate about Harvest Moon in general are...

#1: It takes a million years for people to like you.
#2: The girls are waaaay cuter than the guys.
#3: The kids don't grow up. (with the exception of HM: A Wonderful Life and Another Wonderful Life)

Long post is looong. c:

Aged Gekko

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Cheerleader 200
Oh a harvest moon thread,,,,
You're my hero now <3

Harvest Moon was what got me into gaming. It used to irritate me that the games never ended but now I kind of enjoy being able to keep going after you finish the plot. (Probably because I've dumped half my life into the games and want to enjoy all my upgrades...)

Rune Factory 1, 2 and 3 were all pretty fun as well, but I still prefer Harvest Moon.

I just finished Tale of Two Towns, it was amazing, though I think Sunshine Islands and
(More) Friends of mineral town were better ^^

The one thing that annoyed me about the older games was that I would have to go out and buy two versions of the same game (Harvest Moon/Harvest Moon for girl, Friends or Mineral Town/More friends of mineral town.ect) To access all the marriage candidates. And i'm the type of person who has to do that or have OCD about it for the rest or her life. *sniff*

Aged Duelist

10,000 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
I loved Harvest Moon 64. I miss it. I got one of the newer ones for Game Cube and it just didn't feel right though...
tigerfishy
You're my hero now <3

Harvest Moon was what got me into gaming. It used to irritate me that the games never ended but now I kind of enjoy being able to keep going after you finish the plot. (Probably because I've dumped half my life into the games and want to enjoy all my upgrades...)

Rune Factory 1, 2 and 3 were all pretty fun as well, but I still prefer Harvest Moon.

I just finished Tale of Two Towns, it was amazing, though I think Sunshine Islands and

The one thing that annoyed me about the older games was that I would have to go out and buy two versions of the same game (Harvest Moon/Harvest Moon for girl, Friends or Mineral Town/More friends of mineral town.ect) To access all the marriage candidates. And i'm the type of person who has to do that or have OCD about it for the rest or her life. *sniff*

I totally agree with you. ;o Having to get both games is so annoying.
But I don't really like to marry EVERYBODY cause some characters are just.......y'know.(Imagine marrying Kappa! Or better yet Gourmet! Yuck.)

I want Tale of Two Towns so baaaaad. ; ~ ;

Romantic Grabber

iLunar Star

Oh my god I can't wait for that game either!

Any recent news about release dates anywhere?
I haven't checked fogu recently..

Romantic Grabber

KinkerBellz

#3: The kids don't grow up. (with the exception of HM: A Wonderful Life and Another Wonderful Life)

Don't the kids grow up in AP too?
To like go to another land to do something for the Harvest God? xD

Peaceful Lunatic

Hope you don't mind me, but I only played Rune Factory 3. I loved it immensely, though; the characters and the dialogue were great fun. My sister is a fan of main Harvest Moon series and she sometimes tries to get me to play. I did like all the variety in Rune Factory, but I just love dungeon-crawlers with item-crafting, so it was perfect for me.

Any of the Harvest Moon games have a particular plot goal to reach? Aside from marriage. I think I'd like them if I had a goal to work towards.

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
I luv Harvest Moon, but the only problem is once I get married I kinda just quit it... Now Im in the mood to play it!

Aged Gekko

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Cheerleader 200
KinkerBellz
tigerfishy
You're my hero now <3

I totally agree with you. ;o Having to get both games is so annoying.
But I don't really like to marry EVERYBODY cause some characters are just.......y'know.(Imagine marrying Kappa! Or better yet Gourmet! Yuck.)

I want Tale of Two Towns so baaaaad. ; ~ ;

Ahaha, That's true, I never married Gourmet cause... he's like 50 and.... yeah... just yeah.
Or Kappa ^^

The game took so long I didn't get around to some. I want to replay MFoMT so I can marry Cliff... (I married Dr. in my main file, and Grey,Rick,and Kai in the other one)

Tale or Two towns cost about 30$ for me at gamestop...
Hope you do get it soon, is your birthday near? biggrin

Aged Gekko

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Cheerleader 200
Ysavvryl
Hope you don't mind me, but I only played Rune Factory 3. I loved it immensely, though; the characters and the dialogue were great fun. My sister is a fan of main Harvest Moon series and she sometimes tries to get me to play. I did like all the variety in Rune Factory, but I just love dungeon-crawlers with item-crafting, so it was perfect for me.

Any of the Harvest Moon games have a particular plot goal to reach? Aside from marriage. I think I'd like them if I had a goal to work towards.

Yes, They all do but (In my opinion) the best plots are in Sunshine Islands and Tale of Two Towns.

Tale of two towns is a little simpler, you have to reunite the two towns Konahana (I hope I spelled that right...) and Bluebell. You do it by winning cooking festivals, basically.

Sunshine Islands took me a while to finish, the basic idea is that you are trying to restore a network of islands to what they used to be. You collect sunstones to raise the sunken islands.

This website explains it better then me > http://www.fogu.com/hm8/
i remember marrying karen. watching our baby grow up :') good times.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff