Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Girl

Never owned a handheld, let alone a handheld from Nintendo. Never really saw the point.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Most people stop tracking "birthdays" after the subject has died.

So let's face it, it's not 25 years old. It's not even 10.

It's just something that has existed as a thing for that long.

Invisible Explorer

22,575 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Raven Prime

But it does have a positive lasting legacy in the gaming industry so it deserves at least an acknowledgement for its milestone anniversary since it's creation.
I have an original Game Boy =3
Also a Color and Advance. I didn't buy anything after that though. My sister still occasionally plays Tetris... she was playing on the original (which is like twice the amount of batteries for shorter length, plus heavier) until I gave her my Color a few years back.

Girl-Crazy Grabber

DragonKazooie89
Raven Prime

But it does have a lasting legacy in the gaming industry so it deserves at least an acknowledgement for its milestone anniversary since it's creation.
So did ET, but nobody wished that a happy 25th.

And how does it deserve acknowledgement for having existed for 25 years? It's not going to stop having existed within the 25 years. It's more like congratulating the universe on not ending for 25 years after the Gameboy came out.

Congratulations, reality! You've not collapsed in on yourself for a period of 25 years arbitrarily marked by the release of a handheld game device! Woo! Go reality!

Levykins's Bae

Prodigal Guildsman

14,925 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Signature Look 250
My brother and I got one in late 1990 or early 1991. We bought it used off of our teenage cousin (we couldn't have been any older than five or six at that time.) At first, we only had Flash Gordon.

Not sure what happened to it, it probably got stolen. In 1995, we each got the Killer Instinct package for either Christmas or our Birthdays.

Good 'ole Brick Gameboy, you gave us much fun.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff