Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you plan to buy this game when it comes out?

YES!!! 0.65384615384615 65.4% [ 34 ]
No... 0.096153846153846 9.6% [ 5 ]
maybe 0.19230769230769 19.2% [ 10 ]
yes - but only to support otome games 0.057692307692308 5.8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 52 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Monster Huntress

23,750 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Monster Hunter 100
I'm super excited after hearing this news emotion_kirakira
At Anime-expo 2011 Aksys announced that they are bringing "Hakuouki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom" to the Sony Playstation Portable (PSP)

Release date is February 15, 2012

Plot:
Chizuru Yukimura heads to Kyoto to search for her father. While there, she witnesses a fight between Rasetsu and members of the Shinsengumi. The Shinsengumi take her into custody and, once learning she is the daughter of the doctor they are searching for, decide to keep her close at hand. Chizuru follows the Shinsengumi in their battles to help the shogunate.(wiki)

Versatile Receiver

What an obnoxious song.

Timid Marshmallow

36,540 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • The Edgiest 250
I can't freaking believe its getting released overseas... I've wanted the game for the last few years since I love shinsengumi and the art is pretty crying

*pets Hijikata's western clothes*

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I heard the news with Aksys doing this. I think it is obvious they want to get into the console visual novel localization field, but portables are all they will probably ever achieve localizing. If this was the PS3 version, I would probably get it. It doesn't look half bad......but I really want 428 more.
The game looks interesting, can you give me a rundown on what this is about?

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
i cant really tell how good its gonna be from an bunch of pictures but im still not very impressed.
Enzio von izeburn
The game looks interesting, can you give me a rundown on what this is about?

This is a visual novel, so basically you will be reading a story and at times you can make choices which in turn will affect what happens. As it is romance aimed at girls, goal is to progress the story to an ending with one of the guys.
As for the story, you play a girl at the end of the Edo period, that is looking for her father and then runs into the Shinsengumi, a group of samurai, and ends up staying with them. There she meets a lot of (handsome) guys and eventually stumbles across various mysteries about the group, herself and history that is about to change.

I already have the original japanese game, so I'm not sure of whether to get it or not. But as I'm curious how they will localize it, I just might. And of course, the more they sell, the higher the likelyhood they will release others, so that's a plus too.
Wtf I don't even see any gameplay, just anime-y slideshows.

This is bullshit.
mad

edit: oh, it's a visual novel. That explains a lot.

Timid Marshmallow

36,540 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
A lot of people seem to be turned off by visual novels here...
(Guys especially since the title of this game is misleading =O A male sounding game that's actually for girls~!)

I'm a fan of all forms of games (minus first-person shooters because I suck, I can only do rail shooting). Visual novels are great for people who love nice artwork and a good story when taking a break from RPG's or action games games in general and you want your brain to relax. Hakuoki is a bit more actiony for those who want a story and not just lovey-dovey stuff, but it does have the romance for those who do like it.

For guys, they should try Record of Agarest War since it's aimed at guys and it has a more RPG based gameplay to my knowlegde. Plus if they're the openly nerdy type guy, they can get pervy fun stuff from the collector's edition (my brother has it... I've seen the box, beyond that I don't know much about the game).
I LOVE visual novels heart Almost each one I've heard of or played has a great story and fantastic artwork.

I'm very excited for Hakuouki coming here to NA, but I heard it will only be for the PSP and I don't have one, which is sad. But any visual novel coming to NA is almost a miracle.
xAki-Alicex
I LOVE visual novels heart Almost each one I've heard of or played has a great story and fantastic artwork.

I'm very excited for Hakuouki coming here to NA, but I heard it will only be for the PSP and I don't have one, which is sad. But any visual novel coming to NA is almost a miracle.

Agreed, I just hope they will keep on bringing them over

Timid Marshmallow

36,540 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Yamialexa
xAki-Alicex

Agreed, I just hope they will keep on bringing them over

I hope so too, I feel like this is a good sign at least that fans are getting heard.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
soukatsu_kuro
(Guys especially since the title of this game is misleading =O A male sounding game that's actually for girls~!)

I'm a fan of all forms of games (minus first-person shooters because I suck, I can only do rail shooting). Visual novels are great for people who love nice artwork and a good story when taking a break from RPG's or action games games in general and you want your brain to relax. Hakuoki is a bit more actiony for those who want a story and not just lovey-dovey stuff, but it does have the romance for those who do like it.

For guys, they should try Record of Agarest War since it's aimed at guys and it has a more RPG based gameplay to my knowlegde. Plus if they're the openly nerdy type guy, they can get pervy fun stuff from the collector's edition (my brother has it... I've seen the box, beyond that I don't know much about the game).

Pretty much why we will never get any of the good stuff in North America. Everyone is so closed-doors to this kind of stuff. God forbid we get a game with more focus on story than anything else. These games usually tend to be amazing too.
Minak0
soukatsu_kuro

Pretty much why we will never get any of the good stuff in North America. Everyone is so closed-doors to this kind of stuff. God forbid we get a game with more focus on story than anything else. These games usually tend to be amazing too.

Yeah, just hearing that they're only reading through a story turns a lot of people off I guess... It's a shame

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff