<3 </3

What to do?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on September 9, 2004.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 4 >

Naughty Lunatic

I have a problem i think can be solved through the masses
my friend hacks games all the time for personal benifit but never sells or returns rented games in like this but the last time he hacked a online game and got free online.

Should i turn him in or talk to him about it or what?
Dont turn him in. Its not that bad of an offence... the worst that will happen to him is his acount will be banned along with his IP (which he could get around probably)... I would tell him that it makes you uncomforatable for him to do such a thing and let him know that you dont like that behavior... Remember you still want a friend no matter what you do.

Aged Phantom

I think that if he owns the game, and it is his, and his alone (meaning no online), then he can hack to his hearts content. it shows weakness really.. most people have a small set of rules or morals for hacking, and mine are as follows:

never hack a new game
never hack an online game
after beating a game once, start looking for glitches without hacks

After completing everything you can think of doing, and still want to play more, but without rules and hassles, then why not?

If you are online in a game, and it's loaded with hackers, like Phantasy Star Online.

Hacking is best to avoid, but if you must to stay safe, use minimal hacks. no Character changers, no invincibility, none of that.

I am for using glitches though. Any and every glitch that does exist, I will try and find, and use.. not abuse, but use. (for example, if there's a glitch that gets you money, only use it when you absolutely need money)

Anyways, that's my say.
Andrau
Dont turn him in. Its not that bad of an offence... the worst that will happen to him is his acount will be banned along with his IP (which he could get around probably)... I would tell him that it makes you uncomforatable for him to do such a thing and let him know that you dont like that behavior... Remember you still want a friend no matter what you do.

Very sound advice. I agree with you.
Geez, he's your friend! It's not like he's hurting anyone.

You've been brainwashed by the government. O_o

Big Brother is watching...
VaeVictus
Andrau

I also agree. Plus, turning him in yourself most likely means the end of a friendship as he gets hammered by those freakin' excessive fines the bloody US Gov't is handing out as it tries to "take care of" the pirating problems amongst other assorted technology crimes.
VaeVictus
Andrau

Think about it this way: if he broke into the company's warehouse and stole a copy of a game then would you report that? That's about the same thing (except for the breaking and entering part) as hacking into a pay-to-play online game for free, it's stealing the product from the company (which raises prices for the rest of us, resulting in stuff like 300 dollar windows because so many people hack/crack/distribute it for free) stare

Aged Phantom

WishGiver
(which raises prices for the rest of us, resulting in stuff like 300 dollar windows because so many people hack/crack/distribute it for free) stare
the high price is the main reason for the hacking in the first place. or so I think.
Griffinith
WishGiver
(which raises prices for the rest of us, resulting in stuff like 300 dollar windows because so many people hack/crack/distribute it for free) stare
the high price is the main reason for the hacking in the first place. or so I think.

Maybe now, but at first the high price was because of all the hacking (windows 95 cost like 50 bucks, then 98 was 80-100, and so on till we have xp for 300)
But think of it this way, if a company doesn't make money by selling games because everyone downloads free copies or hacks themselves an online account then they're not gonna make anymore games stare
Xbox Live would be the best thing to ever happen to MMORPGs. Unfortunately, there are no MMORPGs currently slated for Xbox release.

What I'm hoping for is that there will indeed be an Xbox2/PC hybrid, so that I could get a more powerful PC for cheap, not have to do any graphics cards updates, and be able to play with a mouse/keyboard online for one flat rate per year, instead of spending hundreds of dollars on a game. Or maybe there should be a seperate MMORPG Xbox Live that users could subscribe to.

FFXI at the start costs $99.99 US for the HDD and game. After that, it's $12.95 US per month, plus $1.00 US for every extra character. While I'd like to play the game, for only ONEyear (including HDD, network adapter and game), I would have to spend $295.38.

Yep, that's ALMOST 300 BUCKS for ONE YEAR OF FFXI. Not worth it in my book. The game had better be the best game ever for me to put even close to that kind of money into it. Don't forget that after that first year, it's still around 155 bucks a year for one player to continue playing.

Now, the Xbox Live has one flat rate. Think how awesome it'd be to play an MMORPG with one low rate per year. Don't forget that you can play any game with online capabilities for one year for 50 or 70 bucks, depending on if you're a first time user or are renewing.
two words any gamer should know: bitches hack.

dude, why hack a ******** game and be a b***h? is it that damn hard to shell out 50 to buy it? I've never had that problem.

and hacking games is actually a federal offence to the dumb a** who said it wasn't that big a deal: it's voilating copyright laws, and if caught can cost the person in excess of 1400 dollar and seven years in prison.

I'd slap the b***h and tell him to stop. Frankly, i'm suprised most of these people responded as they did: games get destoried like that, and othe people suffer. game companies suffer, the whole economy suffers. A lot of people don't think like I do, because they have that "goverments a bunch of money grubbin bitches" attitude.

Sorry, a b***h is a b***h and or friends a total b***h and needs to told so or needs to be turned in (btw, I do not work for the government, nor do I want to. At least, not now.)
As long as the dude doesnt mess with another persons play while online. Geting the game for free... good for him! But i dont care but if a person starts geting all that free items and the super powers and all that other crap and messes with others well that just destroys the purpose of working in the game to reach the natural goal/s of the game from geting a certain item to geting so good.

If he messes with other gamers go steal his CD key n turn em in or give his IP.
Dont turn your friend in. IF you're really a friend you should talk to him and warn him its worrying you and its illegal in a sense (well, hacking online games is illegal). If he doesnt listen, well his loss. And then when he gets caught, you can go "I told you so" on his a** blaugh

Seriously, he's your friend. Talk to him.
dump... razz

Naughty Lunatic

ROFLMAOsrry i just tricked you all to see what would happen and i was suprised most of you want me to cunsult with him too bad this guy doesnt exist xd xd xd xd xd xd xd xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff