Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
For me, this would have to be The Last Remnant, I mean, it seems like it probably has a decent story, but the battle system was just so atrocious. Every random battle you got into took like ten full minutes and up to complete. I wanted to go out and grind to level up my characters but it just would've taken forever. I'm good with grinding for a few hours, but that's about all I can take, because I want to see the rest of the story, which is my main concern with a video game. But it would probably take me a few days to grind to a certain level in The Last Remnant where as any other RPG it would only take a few hours to get to the same level. So, I ended up dropping the game about 1/4-1/3 of the way in and trading it in at GameStop.

How about you folks, what is your answer to the title question?

Dapper Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
borderlands
oblivion
halo
call of duty

and probably more.
neutral

Ruthless Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
A PRETTY PRINCESS
borderlands
oblivion
halo
call of duty

and probably more.
neutral

I can actually sympathize with Oblivion, I don't know what it was there it just bored me so much. I was actually falling asleep every time I played it.

Dapper Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
F E A R ii T S E L F
A PRETTY PRINCESS
borderlands
oblivion
halo
call of duty

and probably more.
neutral

I can actually sympathize with Oblivion, I don't know what it was there it just bored me so much. I was actually falling asleep every time I played it.

lol ikr

Ruthless Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
A PRETTY PRINCESS
F E A R ii T S E L F
A PRETTY PRINCESS
borderlands
oblivion
halo
call of duty

and probably more.
neutral

lol ikr

Yeah, same thing happened with Fallout 3. Got rid of that s**t too.
My friends keep telling me to get Skyrim and I'm like, it sounds nice, but Bethesda has a reputation with making games that bore me, I don't think I want to buy it. They're all telling me how it's so much different from Fallout and Oblivion though and I should give it a try, but for now, it's in the maybe pile....At the bottom. xD

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
User Image
"Forever...

The Last Remnant? Lol@that game. I thought it was fun, until it got tedious and loooong.

And any Elder Scroll game. neutral I don't find any of them to be any good.

...and ever."
User Image

Ruthless Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kyle Riley
User Image
"Forever...

The Last Remnant? Lol@that game. I thought it was fun, until it got tedious and loooong.

And any Elder Scroll game. neutral I don't find any of them to be any good.

...and ever."
User Image

Yeah, same here. It was fun for a few hours, but then it just got repetitive and every fight took like a year to finish. xD

I've never played an Elder Scrolls outside of Oblivion, but yeah, so far, the experience hasn't been that great.
Army of two. Kind of an old game but I thought it had such a badass concept. All the guns felt the same and the AI was derp...even on the highest difficulty just couldn't enjoy it much.

Ruthless Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Minrolol
Army of two. Kind of an old game but I thought it had such a badass concept. All the guns felt the same and the AI was derp...even on the highest difficulty just couldn't enjoy it much.

Yeah, I could only enjoy that game because me and my buddy did some couch co-op with it. But, if I had been playing alone or online [not sure if there is online co-op], yeah, I can see why it wouldn't have been much fun.

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
F E A R ii T S E L F
Yeah, same here. It was fun for a few hours, but then it just got repetitive and every fight took like a year to finish. xD

I've never played an Elder Scrolls outside of Oblivion, but yeah, so far, the experience hasn't been that great.
User Image
"Forever...

What'shername? The older girl/soldier character woman? The one with the patch or whatever?

Well she was like EVERYTHING for my party. Since when in a game can you make a character good at everything to the point that they are the best at everything?

And Skyrim was just nice looking. The game was garbage other than that.

...and ever."
User Image

Conservative Explorer

Nostalgia--a lot of its elements I found really enjoyable, but the airship battles just killed it for me. I couldn't stand them.

Age of Empires/Starcraft/Empire at War--it took several attempts before I realized how much I hate RTS gameplay. With Age of Empires, it was especially sad, because it was a gift from a friend who adores the series.

Half-Life/Half-Life 2--having heard such great things about these games, I really, really wanted to like them, but... I just couldn't. I'd play and play...and I eventually stopped, because I just wasn't having fun (except in Ravenholm).

Ruthless Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kyle Riley
F E A R ii T S E L F

User Image
"Forever...

What'shername? The older girl/soldier character woman? The one with the patch or whatever?

Well she was like EVERYTHING for my party. Since when in a game can you make a character good at everything to the point that they are the best at everything?

And Skyrim was just nice looking. The game was garbage other than that.

...and ever."
User Image

Good to know, now I can mark Skyrim off my list.

I don't care what anyone says, Dragon Age/Mass Effect are so much better than Elder Scrolls/Fallout. I'm also one of the few people that actually enjoyed ME3's ending. ^^

Ruthless Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Feriku
Nostalgia--a lot of its elements I found really enjoyable, but the airship battles just killed it for me. I couldn't stand them.

Age of Empires/Starcraft/Empire at War--it took several attempts before I realized how much I hate RTS gameplay. With Age of Empires, it was especially sad, because it was a gift from a friend who adores the series.

Half-Life/Half-Life 2--having heard such great things about these games, I really, really wanted to like them, but... I just couldn't. I'd play and play...and I eventually stopped, because I just wasn't having fun (except in Ravenholm).

I haven't played any of those but I have heard good things about Half-Life. Not sure if it's even worth my time at this point.

And I'm kinda right there with you on RTS. I really want to like the genre. But it's just so dull. To this day, RTS, Racing and Sports games have yet to pique my interest. I don't give a flying ******** about sports games though. xD
Monster Hunter Triple. Just couldn't get into it.
Final Fantasy. Tried playing some of the games on numerous occasions and just couldn't keep myself interested.
I used to also feel the same way with Kingdom Hearts, but after seeing trailers for Dream Drop Distance, re-playing 358/2 Days, and finally beating KH2, I recently grew to love the series to no end.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff