Welcome to Gaia! ::

AstralStorm
Senator Armstrong
AstralStorm

Video Games are a product, they are produced by a company, and as such should treat their consumers with respect by providing good products and services, and NOT seeing their consumer base as walking dollar signs and use sleazy tactics and sub-par products advertised as "a revolutionary, unique game".

I don't get how giving your players what they want does not constitute respecting them. Games are a product, the exclusive purpose of which is to make money. Are you suggesting they forego the money-making part in order to appeal to your niche, probably moronic sensibilities?

Quote:
Looking at YOU Destiny.

A competent game.

The only thing Destiny is competent of is having On-Disc DLC, no lore in the actual game itself, repetitive gameplay, pretty graphics and good gunplay. Hardly a game that stood up to it's original message, or even really being called AAA.

I'm saying I want my game companies to not use predatory practices. I want them to deliver on what they promise, rather then just give their consumer base huge middle fingers. EA is a giant example of this, being the company that has outright killed dozens of franchises with their shitty business practices.

What gae to you is a good game?

Loyal Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Senator Armstrong
AstralStorm
Senator Armstrong
AstralStorm

Video Games are a product, they are produced by a company, and as such should treat their consumers with respect by providing good products and services, and NOT seeing their consumer base as walking dollar signs and use sleazy tactics and sub-par products advertised as "a revolutionary, unique game".

I don't get how giving your players what they want does not constitute respecting them. Games are a product, the exclusive purpose of which is to make money. Are you suggesting they forego the money-making part in order to appeal to your niche, probably moronic sensibilities?

Quote:
Looking at YOU Destiny.

A competent game.

The only thing Destiny is competent of is having On-Disc DLC, no lore in the actual game itself, repetitive gameplay, pretty graphics and good gunplay. Hardly a game that stood up to it's original message, or even really being called AAA.

I'm saying I want my game companies to not use predatory practices. I want them to deliver on what they promise, rather then just give their consumer base huge middle fingers. EA is a giant example of this, being the company that has outright killed dozens of franchises with their shitty business practices.

Tales of Symphonia, Okami, (Most, not all) of the Halo franchise, Skyrim (despite its many bugs) the Super Smash Bros. franchise, Dragon Age: Origins, the Metroid Franchise, Terraria,
Xenoblade Chronicles the list goes on and on.

But generally games that have: Good characters, good lore/story, good gameplay, likeable aesthetics.
AstralStorm
Senator Armstrong
AstralStorm
Senator Armstrong
AstralStorm

Quote:
Looking at YOU Destiny.

A competent game.

Tales of Symphonia, Okami, (Most, not all) of the Halo franchise, Skyrim (despite its many bugs) the Super Smash Bros. franchise, Dragon Age: Origins, the Metroid Franchise, Terraria,

But generally games that have: Good characters, good lore/story, good gameplay, likeable aesthetics.

Well, zero games have good story. Like, the best game's story is probably good enough for a garbage pulp novel.

You like Halo? But you hate Destiny? They are the same ******** game, at least gameplay-wise. Skyrim is fun because of its bugs - if those didn't exist it would be awful. Dragon Age origins is just a slog; the only dragon age game that is any good is Inquisition, which is actually pretty awesome.

Loyal Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Senator Armstrong
AstralStorm
Senator Armstrong
AstralStorm
Senator Armstrong

A competent game.

Well, zero games have good story. Like, the best game's story is probably good enough for a garbage pulp novel.

You like Halo? But you hate Destiny? They are the same ******** game, at least gameplay-wise. Skyrim is fun because of its bugs - if those didn't exist it would be awful. Dragon Age origins is just a slog; the only dragon age game that is any good is Inquisition, which is actually pretty awesome.
If you think no game at all has no good story, then you obviously haven't played any "Tales of" game, or Okami. Halo had more to it then Destiny, namely lore, actual goddamn characters that were likeable, Sgt. Johnson/Cortana, and an actual story. etc etc.
And considering the amount of money that was sunk into Destiny and it turned out the way it did is absolutely appalling. I expected better of Bungie, and all I got was pretty graphics, bland/no characters, and On Disc DLC. Destiny was an incredible disappointment on almost every level.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "games like Destiny"?

Loyal Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Super 9-Volt
I believe when he refers to "games like Destiny" he's referring to games that aren't completed, but act like they are.

See: Destiny's lack of any real content, Destiny's lack of in-game lore/story, Destiny's highly repetitive gameplay...so on so forth.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
AstralStorm
Super 9-Volt
I believe when he refers to "games like Destiny" he's referring to games that aren't completed, but act like they are.

See: Destiny's lack of any real content, Destiny's lack of in-game lore/story, Destiny's highly repetitive gameplay...so on so forth.
Ah. Well that just plain sucks. cat_gonk

Loyal Gekko

7,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Super 9-Volt
AstralStorm
Super 9-Volt

Ah. Well that just plain sucks. cat_gonk

Indeed, it's a real shame, is what it is. Lotta people had high hopes and dreams for this, especially since it's from..y'know..FRIGGIN BUNGIE, but alas, it seems that Activision had it's venomous claws too deeply into Destiny.

O.G. Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cart Raider 100
I like Destiny, and will continue to support it. You don't like
it or find it worth your money? Don't buy or play it then, and let us that do be to enjoy it.
Gunnerblaster
If someone's satisfied with a product, whose to tell them that they're wrong? Are you suddenly able to determine what someone does and doesn't like?

One of the first/key things you learn when it come to marketing (anything, not just games)
is that the customer doesn't know ******** about what they really want until they have it.
At best all they know is what they don't want.
People are retarded when it comes to knowing what they want.
Gunnerblaster
If someone's satisfied with a product, whose to tell them that they're wrong? Are you suddenly able to determine what someone does and doesn't like?

Also on that note you have to recognize that there is a difference between preference and fact.

The fact is that Destiny isn't that great a game, 5/10 over-all,
maybe a 7/10 if halo style multiplayer is important to you.
(but there's a big long speel about games and their fear tactics when it comes to multiplayer/online aspects)

That doesn't mean that you can't like the game like it's an 11/10,
that's just your opinion/preference.
But no matter how much you like something,
it doesn't change what it really is.
And people are allowed to love s**t if they want to.

Invisible Lover

Tabasco Jones
Gunnerblaster

Also on that note you have to recognize that there is a difference between preference and fact.

(but there's a big long speel about games and their fear tactics when it comes to multiplayer/online aspects)

You're knit-picking and taking parts of my original post out of context to only suit your argument.

But you basically summed up my opinion with your final sentence - People are allowed to like what they want to. My argument was against the original poster simply stating that people shouldn't support the product (In this matter, it's Destiny) because it's a "slap to the face for those who bought" it. That statement almost doesn't make sense, in the first place, yet it's already sparked two pages' worth of arguing over people's choice in games, despite the "facts" about a game not being good enough for others.

Some people just take things too seriously. If it's not a fun game, don't play it. If people play it, they must derive some sort of entertainment from it and, in the end, that's all that matters. Some people here like to harp on about the degradation of games, as if they're in search of the holy grail of games. They're just idiots who'd rather complain instead of do something to make a change.
Gunnerblaster
Tabasco Jones
Gunnerblaster

You're knit-picking and taking parts of my original post out of context to only suit your argument.

But you basically summed up my opinion with your final sentence - People are allowed to like what they want to. My argument was against the original poster simply stating that people shouldn't support the product (In this matter, it's Destiny) because it's a "slap to the face for those who bought" it. That statement almost doesn't make sense, in the first place, yet it's already sparked two pages' worth of arguing over people's choice in games, despite the "facts" about a game not being good enough for others.

Some people just take things too seriously. If it's not a fun game, don't play it. If people play it, they must derive some sort of entertainment from it and, in the end, that's all that matters. Some people here like to harp on about the degradation of games, as if they're in search of the holy grail of games. They're just idiots who'd rather complain instead of do something to make a change.

You do know that when I said "s**t" I wasn't using it as a sentence enhancer right?
I was commenting on quality, not using a swear to emphasize a point.

Dapper Spotter

AstralStorm

The only thing Destiny is competent of is having On-Disc DLC, no lore in the actual game itself, repetitive gameplay, pretty graphics and good gunplay. Hardly a game that stood up to it's original If you think no game at all has no good story, then you obviously haven't played any "Tales of" game, or Okami. Halo had more to it then Destiny, namely lore,

Eh, did it? Aside from the Halo 3 terminals ( which didn't contribute a whole lot), Halo didn't really explore its own universe or lore. You had to go buy the books/comic books/watch the extra cartoons to see any of that.

Kind of like how in Destiny, you have to go to an outside source to read up on its lore. I wouldn't really compliment either method, because it bit Halo 4 in the a**. But saying that Halo handled its lore well is kinda odd.

Invisible Lover

Tabasco Jones
Gunnerblaster
Tabasco Jones
Gunnerblaster

You do know that when I said "s**t" I wasn't using it as a sentence enhancer right?
I was commenting on quality, not using a swear to emphasize a point.

Oh, certainly - But that's your opinion. I highly doubt that neither of us are capable of properly determining something's quality and having that rating valued over one another's. What you consider to be s**t might not, in fact, be what someone else consider's s**t. You aren't a sole authority or anything nearly as important as that, I'm sure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff