Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Lowell-Dark
YunaSama
Drakengard 3... There were so many issues with the DLC, and on older fat TV's the game would show up completely black & white with grain... Took them over a month to fix it... Had to play it on mom's HDTV during that time... It still has some serious framerate and graphic issues... And the game looks kinda crap on older TV's... But at least I can enjoy playing it on my own room now... cat_stressed

I played Drakengard 3 on an older fat TV without the black and white issue. Unless your television is even older than mine... ._.

Agreed on the framerate issues though. There'd be times where I'm playing and the whole game would slow down. I sort of forgave them for it, since Drakengard is an unpopular, low-budget series that nobody'd really anticipated a third release for and because the game was fun anyway.

So Drakengard 3 had a few problems, but I don't think any of them were bad enough to make the game unplayable (though I might've changed my mind if it showed up in grainy black and white on my TV screen too... emotion_eyebrow )

I live in Europe... We had many issues here (including many DLC not working pissing of tons of weeaboos who wanted to play with the Jap dub)... I still suspect they accidentally uploaded the US version to our EU PSN... The black & white issue kinda reminded me of trying to play a NTSC on a PAL PS1... They never told us what happened when screwing up so badly so I guess we'll never know... cat_sweatdrop

But I agree... The game has it's faults but it's not exactly a game that is played by many... It was a good idea to make it digital only (despite the many hate for it doing so) since making physical probably would've costed them a lot of money for nothing... But I still really love the game... Fun gameplay, funny characters, nice story, cute naive baby dragon, pretty environments... What else could one want? cat_wink

Handsome Ace

21,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Kuro Gang 250
YunaSama
Lowell-Dark
YunaSama
Drakengard 3... There were so many issues with the DLC, and on older fat TV's the game would show up completely black & white with grain... Took them over a month to fix it... Had to play it on mom's HDTV during that time... It still has some serious framerate and graphic issues... And the game looks kinda crap on older TV's... But at least I can enjoy playing it on my own room now... cat_stressed

I played Drakengard 3 on an older fat TV without the black and white issue. Unless your television is even older than mine... ._.

Agreed on the framerate issues though. There'd be times where I'm playing and the whole game would slow down. I sort of forgave them for it, since Drakengard is an unpopular, low-budget series that nobody'd really anticipated a third release for and because the game was fun anyway.

So Drakengard 3 had a few problems, but I don't think any of them were bad enough to make the game unplayable (though I might've changed my mind if it showed up in grainy black and white on my TV screen too... emotion_eyebrow )

I live in Europe... We had many issues here (including many DLC not working pissing of tons of weeaboos who wanted to play with the Jap dub)... I still suspect they accidentally uploaded the US version to our EU PSN... The black & white issue kinda reminded me of trying to play a NTSC on a PAL PS1... They never told us what happened when screwing up so badly so I guess we'll never know... cat_sweatdrop

But I agree... The game has it's faults but it's not exactly a game that is played by many... It was a good idea to make it digital only (despite the many hate for it doing so) since making physical probably would've costed them a lot of money for nothing... But I still really love the game... Fun gameplay, funny characters, nice story, cute naive baby dragon, pretty environments... What else could one want? cat_wink

So Europe has more gaming issues than just getting everything late. Suddenly, I feel really privileged... D:
I didn't check the DLC or bother with the Japanese dub, so I'm not sure if there were any complaints about that sort of thing over here. I think a couple of people were pissed that they didn't prioritize the JP audio, but that's the only thing that comes to mind.

America got a physical version, though I'm not even sure how that happened. Drakengard is not exactly a bestseller (and I get strange looks every time I think something in 3 is funny, and none of my friends who've watched me play this game like Zero or Dito nearly as much as I do, so...)

Not to mention the awesome music, tendency to poke fun at itself/JRPG cliches, creative (insane?) storyline, cool character designs, and weapon variety. Hell, I like hack'n'slash games, so I'd even say the gameplay is really good, despite the frame rate issues.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Lowell-Dark
YunaSama
Lowell-Dark
YunaSama

So Europe has more gaming issues than just getting everything late. Suddenly, I feel really privileged... D:
I didn't check the DLC or bother with the Japanese dub, so I'm not sure if there were any complaints about that sort of thing over here. I think a couple of people were pissed that they didn't prioritize the JP audio, but that's the only thing that comes to mind.

America got a physical version, though I'm not even sure how that happened. Drakengard is not exactly a bestseller (and I get strange looks every time I think something in 3 is funny, and none of my friends who've watched me play this game like Zero or Dito nearly as much as I do, so...)

Not to mention the awesome music, tendency to poke fun at itself/JRPG cliches, creative (insane?) storyline, cool character designs, and weapon variety. Hell, I like hack'n'slash games, so I'd even say the gameplay is really good, despite the frame rate issues.

Yeah... Though I don't think it happened intentionally... They screwed up so bad they had to ask the Jap department for help after screwing around for a month (hence the fix taking so long)... But at least we got the game this time... That's a plus... emotion_yatta

How can anyone not like Dito?!? He was like the cream to the cake... He made everything 10× more awesome... cat_surprised

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Natendo Dubstep
SenatorShockwave
Misplaced Hate
SenatorShockwave
Misplaced Hate
Any other examples you can give?
I'm actually kind of curious.
And for ACU, I got it, I've played it some and loved what I've seen so far, but stopped because I fell in love with Destiny and DeadRising3, and I have not seen a single glitchy thing about it yet.
Unless what you're talking about isn't until later in the game, I have seen nothing.. or I'm blind as ********]

All the glitches have mostly been fixed for consoles.
It was mostly headless bodies with just eyes and teeth.

That... sounds hilarious...
I am disappointed I missed that.

Enjoy

The main issue with Unity is that the frame rate is still s**t.

Never experienced an issue.

Shy Explorer

Yep, a lot of broken game I felt good not buying (AC Unity, Far Cry 4...)
Despite the many bugs I absolutely loved DA Inquisition ! And when big titles don't satisfy me, there's always indie games ! biggrin
For now though I'm quite hyped about No Man's Sky, it looks absolutely marvellous and I hope the gameplay will satisfy my need for exploration >:3

Handsome Ace

21,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Kuro Gang 250
YunaSama

Yeah... Though I don't think it happened intentionally... They screwed up so bad they had to ask the Jap department for help after screwing around for a month (hence the fix taking so long)... But at least we got the game this time... That's a plus... emotion_yatta

How can anyone not like Dito?!? He was like the cream to the cake... He made everything 10× more awesome... cat_surprised

Ugh, yeah, that does sound screwy and unplayable.

I know, right?! What's not to like about that loud-mouthed, sadistic and possibly necrophiliac brat? He's gotta have more fans than Octa, at least. xd I'm glad Dito was the first Disciple Zero, uh... recruited. His sarcasm balances out Mikhail's cute innocence.

I absolutely love Mikhail, but making the first Disciple his polar opposite felt like a good choice.
I still believe that a lot of the games that are broken at launch and then patched soon after...
is the publishers doing their very small part to fight piracy.
On top of everything else of course.

Lavish Husband

I believe it's the guys in suits who push the games to be released before they are truly complete.

I don't spend 60 bucks on games anymore.
I wait until that price goes down because it's pretty absurd.

Most games have a day-1 patch, so I'm not super bothered.

I am a bit frustrated at how buggy Dragon Age Inquisition is,
but it's playable and fun so screw it.

I think a big problem is pre-ordering. At first glance it could be money to support the devs in completing the game.
But then you think of it in business terms, and how the guys in suits see that number
and it's a bit more sinister.

Me, basically:

¯_(ツ)_/¯
SenatorShockwave
"Nintendo is so perfect."

Meanwhile ******** Sonic Boom.

At least Unity and the other games have been fixed.

Boom is just sitting there in the corner with all the other Sonic games having a ******** stroke.

Also your name is ******** nantendo.
Gr8 B8 M8 I R8 8/8.
Sonic is Sega.... you know that right?

Dapper Shade

7,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
Henrika
SenatorShockwave

Boom is just sitting there in the corner with all the other Sonic games having a ******** stroke.

Gr8 B8 M8 I R8 8/8.

Sonic Boom was also exclusively released for Wii U and 3DS, you know that right?
SenatorShockwave
Henrika
SenatorShockwave

Gr8 B8 M8 I R8 8/8.

Sonic Boom was also exclusively released for Wii U and 3DS, you know that right?
You know that doesn't have any bearing on who the developer is right?
Whiskey Grey
I just don't preorder games and don't feel bad about being suckered in to giving people money on an empty promise.

Yo, this is the best post.

Wistful Ghost

12,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Has anyone played the new Thief and add ons?

I've gone through the first three and was so excited to see another!

Girl-Crazy Grabber

Henrika
SenatorShockwave
Henrika
SenatorShockwave

Gr8 B8 M8 I R8 8/8.

You know that doesn't have any bearing on who the developer is right?
It might.

It wasn't Sega.
I would like to mention I played Unity today after downloading some updates, and it seems a lot of the bugs were fixed the frame rate is smooth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff