Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Explorer

1. Do you own a PlayStation 3, X-Box 360, or WII? Please list all that apply (or none that apply, if you don’t own any of these systems yet you want one/plan to buy one, please skip down to question 5)

I own an Xbox 360 and a Wii.

2. How much (if you can remember) was your system when you bought it?

I can't actually remember how much the 360 was, but it had been out for a while already. The Wii was a gift, long after it had been out.

3. Do you like your game systems?

Yes.

a.If you bought more than one, which one is your favorite and why?

I like them both a lot, because they both have games I like for them. I can't really say one is better than the other.

4. Why in particular did you buy the particular game system? (Was there a specific game you could only get on that system? Was it cheaper? Are you brand loyal to that system? Friends own the same system? Better Reviews? Etc.)

I bought the Xbox 360 when I heard about Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Finding out that there was finally going to be another Banjo-Kazooie sequel gave me a pressing need to get that system.

a.If you bought more than one system, why did you buy more than one?

The Wii was a surprise Christmas gift, but my parents got the idea because I occasionally rambled about how I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy one or not. There were games on/coming out for it that I was interested in, but I was still on the fence.

5. If you don’t own a system, yet you plan to buy one, is there a specific system you plan to buy?
a.Why do you want this system in particular? (Cheaper? Brand Loyalty? Specific game you can only get on this system? Etc.)

6. If you own only one or two of the three game consoles, would you send it back and buy one of the other ones or would you say you made a good choice buying that game console?

I'm happy with my 360 and Wii; I'd say I made a good choice.
Thank you very much, Feriku!
Bump
........ woof
1. Do you own a PlayStation 3, X-Box 360, or WII?
I own all 3

Wii $250, Xbox 360 $300? and Ps3 $300
3. Do you like your game system(s)?
Yes
Wii, More games that i like on it

4. Why in particular did you buy the particular game system? (Was there a specific game you could only get on that system? Was it cheaper? Are you brand loyal to that system? Friends own the same system? Better Reviews? Etc.)
Wii i wanted it from the first time i seen it
xbox 360 was for halo 3
ps3 idk but i like it

7. Any other thoughts that you might want to add?Thank you for your time everyone!!!
Wish my ps3 was white.
1. I own a PS3 and a Wii.
2.I remember the Wii being around $200 and the PS3 being $300

3. My favorite is the PS3, because of the exclusives.

4.I bought the Wii at first because of the exclusives. A few years later I bought a PS3 because it had more exclusives that I wanted, I had a PS2 and loved it, and the picture quality is amazing.

5.n/a

6. I would not send either my Wii or PS3 away for an XBox.

7. Any other thoughts that you might want to add?Thank you for your time everyone!!!
One question, what is the purpose of this servey? Is it for a project at school or for fun?
Also, I do sometimes wish that I had one of the old, backwards-compatable PS3s
Thank you very much!! As for the answer to your question... The purpose is both for school and for fun. Mainly for school because its a final project for one of my classes. We had to pick our own topics, and I chose video game consoles, I kept it within video-games because it is a fun topic for me to cover.

Kawaii Shoujo

AnimeDisneyFreak
Hello Gaians!!!! biggrin

I need some help finishing a survey - I needed a sample of 200 people, and I only got 95 done where I live, so I need 105 more people to survey and I hope that you guys are able to help me out!!! (Please with sugar on top!! 3nodding )

To thank everyone for helping me, I do plan on giving gold away! - For each person (up to the 105th person) I'm giving 2,500 gaia gold! (NO repeats allowed! - sorry folks). and I plan to give a special Item to whomever is the 105th survey.

Thank you for your help everyone!!!!! (PS... please don't quote the entire post if you can)

1. Do you own a PlayStation 3, X-Box 360, or WII? Please list all that apply (or none that apply, if you don’t own any of these systems yet you want one/plan to buy one, please skip down to question 5)

b.If you bought one, do you prefer a different system, or do you prefer your own?

5. If you don’t own a system, yet you plan to buy one, is there a specific system you plan to buy?
a.Why do you want this system in particular? (Cheaper? Brand Loyalty? Specific game you can only get on this system? Etc.)

6. If you own only one or two of the three game consoles, would you send it back and buy one of the other ones or would you say you made a good choice buying that game console?

1. I own a Nintendo Wii

2. Truthfully I had gotten it as a Christmas present a couple of years ago so I don't know how much it cost at the time

3. I prefer the Wii to the other two consoles

4. The reason is that I am able to play my GameCube games on it and the fact that there are a couple of pretty good Wii games too

5. I might buy a PS3 but I am not so sure yet

6. I say that it was a good choice on the Wii system

7. Have you ever played these Wii games in particular: NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams? SPRay? Little King's Story? If not than I recommend that you try them because they're pretty fun games.

Handsome Ace

21,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Kuro Gang 250

I only own a PS3.

I bought a new PS3 on sale for around $175, I think. I've only had it for about a year too.

b.If you bought one, do you prefer a different system, or do you prefer your own?

b. I like my PS3. The wii occasionally gets some interesting looking games, but never anything that would make me want it over the PS3. All of the games that the 360 that I might be interested in are also available on the PS3, so I haven't lost anything at all there.

I was expecting certain games by certain companies that I really like (NIS, ATLUS...) to be PS3 exclusives. And because it's Sony.
I'd also heard that the 360 had some problems and my older brother claimed the XBox he bought burned out way too quickly, so I went by what he said and never really considered an XBox. Or a Wii, because that's just not in my interests.

Not applicable.

Nooo, my PS3 doesn't get nearly as much use as my PS2 does, but it's still a good console.

Everyone in the gaming forum has moved on from console wars... right? It's been a while since I've frequently checked in here.
I own a Xbox 360 and Wii.

The Xbox 360 was $125 used and the Wii was $200.

Yes, I like both systems. I've enjoyed the Wii more because of the game selection I have for it.

I bought a Wii specifically for Monster Hunter Tri. I bought a Xbox 360 for numerous games.

I'm happy with the two systems I have. There are games I am interested in on the PS3, but not enough for me to want to purchase the system.

I'd say the game selection has always been the reason I've bought a system.

Beloved Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150
I have the PS3m and Wii.

Sorry I dont remember.

Well I have more than those two systems, but between those I'm not sure. It's close because it's morely the games themselves I favor over the system. So let's call it a tie.

Do you mean which one was more expensive? I dont know.
But I got the PS3 because I love Playstation. So, brand loyal I guess. Same thing with the Wii, but I loved the idea of moving while playing. I didn't get it much for the games besides any Mario game. I love the sport resort, is sooo much fun with when friends come over.

Can't answer this one.

Good choice. I love them.

I am a PS3 and Nintendo girl. ******** the Xbox. smile
Thank you guys so much!!!

I own a PS3

$300

3. Do you like your game system?

Eh, the PS3 works. I like it for a few games but that's it. I have no preference over what system I have to either of the other two.

Always like the playstation series over anything else, went from a PS1 to PS2, to a PS3. Was more about a brand we liked as to being loyal to it.

N/A

I would say I made a good choice buying my current console. For as little as I play it.

N/A

Timid Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Survivor 150

Xbox, PC and wii. DS too but that's not on the list

Don't remember off the top of my head how much the pc/Wii were although we did get the wii at a reduced price (or my grandmother bought it, I don't remember razz ), and my mom won the xbox during a contest at work.

I perfer my PC overall, because of modding for extra stuff for my favourite games like Baldur's Gate and Dragon Age.

No real reason, they all had some games either me or my brother wanted and the Pc has the wonderful ability to surf the internet. razz

Might be nice to trade in the DS for a PSP someday so I can try Persona, but for now the DS has Pokemon so I'm sticking with it. smile

I'm good with what I've got. I know What I just said about the PSP but to be honest I could care less about ever trying persona when I've got friends who have a bunch of emulators.

Good luck with the rest of your answers. smile

Sparkly Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
User Image
"Forever...

I own all three of the above.

I think the Wii was like 400? It was back when it was first released. The XBox was like 300 or so? And the PS3 was like 300? I can't really remember all that well.

PS3 is my favourite. I started with a Wii, then I got the XBox360, and then the PS3. I hate the Wii, and the XBox, to me, isn't as enjoyable as the PS3. Also PSN is free?

I bought the Wii because I thought it would be awesome. Then I bought the XBox because of Fable 2 and Left4Dead, and then I bought the PS3 because I thought we'd be gettting the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia, and I also wanted to play some other PS3 games.

Not in particular.

N/A?

Good luck!

...and ever."
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out